It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
(female)

cindylou2 HB User
Question 4 months without period... new skin-crawling symptoms... need advice!

I'm 52 ...and on July 9th, it will be 4 months since I've had a period.

I've experienced most of the common symptoms such has night sweats, bad dreams, mood swings, etc. But those have eased up some.

Now...I've noticed, the past few days, these little pings of twinges (like a little flea jump) under my skin from time to time, on my arms and legs.

It's very strange. Several times I actually thought something was crawling, lightly for a just second on my arm...leg...foot...

I have no health issues and cannot figure out what this could be.

I have read where some folks had a buzzing sensation, twinges, etc and was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. I appreciate any information you may have.

Thank you all!!!

Last edited by cindylou2; 07-01-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User
Re: 4 months without period... new skin-crawling symptoms... need advice!

I am not sure why it happens other than hormones, but I get it too! When it first started I got really worried, but my Doc says that some get them and some don't. I feels like crawling or little flicks under your skin.
I seem to get all of the odd symptoms.
Take Care..

The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyLife414 For This Useful Post:
cindylou2 (07-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
(female)

cindylou2 HB User

Thank you for your reply!!! I am due for my yearly exam in a few weeks and I want my Doc to check my hormone levels, etc. I feel better since I read your reply and know that I am not alone. it came on suddenly, worse some days than others and very annoying. I will be glad when things level out again. Thank you !!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
(female)

lynda213 HB User

Hello CindyLou, I also get that feeling, I have had it for awhile, and it does feel like little bugs crawling on you, I am 50 years old and have had many symptoms which really sucks, Right now I m going through the bloating and soreness and aches and pains without having my period, it has been about 50 days since I had my period, and I am just wondering if I am getting it again (hope not, lol), well hope this helps, and take care.

Lynda

Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
(female)

cindylou2 HB User

Thank you Lynda! It does really suck. I hate this worse than the other symptoms. But after 4 months without a period, I hope I dont have it again too! LOL...I went through the bloating and soreness too, ughhh, that was bad. It has eased off some now but the crawly-feeling is really freaking me out. Seems to come and go. It was bad last night but better today. Thanks again for yor reply!!!

Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
(female)

lynda213 HB User

Hello CindyLou,

Not a problem, believe me it feels good chatting with others to know they are going through the same thing, at least we know we are not going out of our minds. I am sitting here now with the phantom period symptoms and I can't stand it, I am going on vacation next week, and I sure hope I don't get my period then, that would totally suck, lol. Well good chatting with ya, and take care.

Lynda

Last edited by lynda213; 07-03-2012 at 10:44 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to lynda213:
cindylou2 (07-05-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to lynda213 For This Useful Post:
cindylou2 (07-05-2012)
Old 07-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
(female)

MyToeHurts HB User

I am new to this board. I'm 51 and definitely perimenopausal. Periods have been closer together for several years -- anywhere between 21 days and 27 day cycles with bleeding lasting 4-7 days. Lately, I've started having longer cycles -- like 40 days, and then I had a 14-day cycle not too long ago. My last period came on day 30 but lasted two weeks! Sheesh...I am so ready for this to end.

The reason I am responding to this thread is that just in the past week I started feeling like a bug was crawling on one place on my right shin. I actually found this board searching for information this. It is the strangest thing. I don't know if it is related to menopause or something else, but it is very disconcerting.

Other menopause symptoms I experience are occasional hot flashes, night sweats, and insomnia. Plus just general lack of motivation, extra belly fat, and difficulty losing weight. I'm not heavy, but I have more fat in the belly area than I ever had in my 30s and 40s even at the same weight. Frustrating.

Anyway, glad to find you all and plan to read through a bunch of the threads.

Emily

The following user gives a hug of support to MyToeHurts:
cindylou2 (07-05-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to MyToeHurts For This Useful Post:
cindylou2 (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
(female)

cindylou2 HB User

Thanks Lynda! Have a great vacation!!!! I hope you don't have your period. I started having the phantom period today with bad cramps, bloating, etc..... I'm hoping it does not ever come back, It's been 4 months and I say good riddance!!! PS... the crawly skin has is lots better.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
(female)

cindylou2 HB User

Hi Emily!

I'm from NC too, near Ashville NC. About a year or so ago, my periods started getting closer and closer too and very light.

I talked to my Doc about all the changes during my last exam and she stated that peri-M is so unpredictable and all over the map! from shorter periods, light to heavy, etc. It's so difficult to not know what to expect. But when mine started changing more and more it finally just stopped. (I hope it stays stopped!!!!!)

I read your post and it was as if I had written it! I have the same symptoms as well as the belly fat, lack of motivation, etc.

Last week when I posted...I was typing on the computer and felt a bug lightly craw down my arm, but nothing was there! Then same thing happened to my leg. It is so terrible! I thought am i going nuts here? then, I actually wondered about some possible nerve damage.

Then, I searched the web and found that it was very very common to feel the crawly skin when in peri menopause. I was relieved to read the information knowing it is something very common.

It was bad for a few days and has eased up now. I feel it will probably return again before all is said and done. I will try to ignore it, even though it is hard and very annoying.

Welcome to this forum, It has been a God send for me!!! Take care!

---Cindy Lou

Old 07-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
(female)

MyToeHurts HB User

Thanks, Cindy Lou!

I hope my period will just *stop* one of these days. I think the longest cycle I had was about 40 days, and I was getting hopeful til it finally showed up again. It's difficult having it be so unpredictable since I never know whether to take "supplies" along or not!

Glad to have found this board -- it is nice not to feel alone in this journey!

Emily

The Following User Says Thank You to MyToeHurts For This Useful Post:
cindylou2 (07-09-2012)
Closed Thread