It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
(female)

golddie123 HB User
please help me help my friend

Good morning,,I am going through this stage of my life as well and it is hard,,I take venlafaxine. It helps some days some not so much.. I am wanting more to help my co-worker who ,in my opinion is having serious anxiety, and others..She is 9 months no period then some show,,off and on,,she is convinced shes got cancer, or MS, or fibromylgia,,or systic fibrosis,,the list goes on and on. She has had many tests, scans, blood work, xrays.etc.. nothing shows. She sits at home night time she says she is worse,,her husband is feeling the negative effects as well.. Problem is that she cant see how she is behaving,,she will not believe shes going through Pari or menopause,,she wont admit shes anxiety ridden..Her mood swings are severe but she cant see it,,Ive tried to talk to her on different occasions but no way she cant believe me at all..if she hears that someone is sick she gets the same symptoms,,its scary. I am very afraid for her and only want to help her..can any of you offer any advise to me..Her doctor has basicly said not to come back (not quite like that) but cant he see that this girl needs some help?? sorry to go on and on but Im afraid shes going to go insane or send me there.!!!Thank you

Last edited by golddie123; 07-08-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: delete

Old 07-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: please help me help my friend

hi golddie, gosh, that sounds rough. perhaps you could go to the dr. with her? You'd end up being blunt in front of both of them at that time but hey, something's got to be done right? its funny though I have a friend who's mood swings are out of control and I keep trying to tell her she need better drugs (in a nice way) and she's not taking the hint either. She's all over the place and its bad for her teenage kids, what a combination, huh? Little things bother her like the sound of the blinker in my car when we're on the phone! how can I control that? geeze.

I don't know how else you can help your friend unless you go with her to the dr. maybe someone else can pitch in here. oh, maybe you could write her a nice long email or something? and at the end tell her you love her? hope this helps, cj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
(female)

golddie123 HB User
Re: please help me help my friend

She would never agree to it.. I wanted to call her doctor and just tell him,, what we see here at work ,but I think she would have fits if she found out..its funny but she complains about the sunroof in my car,,as soon as she gets in she flips the cover closed and says it feels like the sky is falling on her..I think its so much healthier to admit and get help,,than to deny..thanks for your suggestion..

Closed Thread