It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
(female)

BumbleMum HB User
Does Anyone Else Have Similar Symptoms?

Hi, I'm an avid reader of this forum and decided today to join up to ask if what I'm feeling is normal, menopause wise. I've read a few threads that are similar to me but I hope you don't mind me asking a little bit more about it

Since last year, I've felt dreadful on and off, more off sadly. My periods have always been heavy and it was discovered that I was Anaemic earlier this year so I was put on Ferrous Fumarate and Folic Acid (I'm still on one a day of each of the tablets). I may also be allergic to the iron tablets so have been given antihistimines by the doctor. I've been under a great deal of stress for over a year now. Hubby is ill and still under investigation and there are other factors as well adding to how I feel.

I've had a Minera coil fitted a few months ago to counteract the heavy periods but I'm also suffering from perimenopause symptoms. On the days I feel very bad, I flush up a lot without warning. I'm crying at the least little thing, old premenstrual symptoms have come back before a period and even my hemorrhoids are worse while menstruating. I'm dizzy, feel light headed and feel like there's a sponge vice wrapped around my head squeezing gently. My breathing gets tight (which is something I've had before before a period), but it's worse this time. The depression is unreal, I've read where so many of you here have felt this way. I sometimes feel like I can't co-ordinate my legs and hands too..almost like being drunk but aware of what's happening. Is it normal to feel so weak and ill that you want to go back to bed while it goes away?

I'm going to the doctors tomorrow and don't even know where to start to tell him what is happening to me. I know I'll be in tears but I'm desperate to feel better. I know stress can make things worse but I can't afford to be ill given our situation at the moment. Any answers are really appreciated and thank you.

Last edited by BumbleMum; 07-18-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Does Anyone Else Have Similar Symptoms?

Let me first ease your mind by telling you that yes all of the symptoms can be menopause related. More specifically due to the hormone rollercoaster that come with it.

Although I am only 37, I have began early menopause at 33.

Hormone replacement was not an option for me. But let me share some of the things that have helped me.

Evening primrose oil really minimized the night sweats and hot flashes.

I too have extremely heavy periods and to combat them we have found that increasing my b12 the week before and week of helps with the fatigue and flow.

The third thing is Vit D3. It helps with energy levels and depressive symptoms for me.

I would ask your Dr to check both your b12 and D levels as being deficient in either can cause many of the issues you are having.

T

Old 07-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
(female)

BumbleMum HB User
Re: Does Anyone Else Have Similar Symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnova74 View Post
Let me first ease your mind by telling you that yes all of the symptoms can be menopause related. More specifically due to the hormone rollercoaster that come with it.

Although I am only 37, I have began early menopause at 33.

Hormone replacement was not an option for me. But let me share some of the things that have helped me.

Evening primrose oil really minimized the night sweats and hot flashes.

I too have extremely heavy periods and to combat them we have found that increasing my b12 the week before and week of helps with the fatigue and flow.

The third thing is Vit D3. It helps with energy levels and depressive symptoms for me.

I would ask your Dr to check both your b12 and D levels as being deficient in either can cause many of the issues you are having.
Thank you, I'm 46 and it's tough so I feel for you starting the menopause in your thirties. I've taken Evening Primrose oil for years, in fact I'm on a high strength one right now. I didn't know about the Vit D3 though. My B12 was checked when the doctor found I was anaemic, after another check blood test, the results came back that it was normal. I still want to ask again though because at the moment, I'm in a bit of a state thinking that I've got something really serious, every pain, etc, is making me feel really low and worried. Feeling like this is horrible.

Another bizarre thing is that I seem to feel worse in the morning onwards until tea time when I seem to pick up. I do get the flushed feelings, and other symptoms mildly, but physically I don't seem to feel as bad

Closed Thread