It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

Rmom HB User
Unhappy What is going on with me!

Am new and want someone to relate to me as me being from a culture where these issues don't have much awareness. I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and panic attacks and social anxiety. After taking so many meds not for anxiety 20 mg Paxil with Xanax if needed did wonders. I was back on track. Now after 14 years and I just turned 46 my anxiety is back. I cry, I am depressed, I want to run to the Er again which I did yesterday. My thyroid is normal. EKG fine, chest X-ray ok
I have not missed my periods. But could these be sings of peri menopause.
Has my Paxil stopped working.
Am I going crazy... I get scared
Dr did increase my Paxil to 30 mg
Please help buddies my soul friends!

Old 07-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
(female)

martha123 HB User
Re: What is going on with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmom View Post
Am new and want someone to relate to me as me being from a culture where these issues don't have much awareness. I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and panic attacks and social anxiety. After taking so many meds not for anxiety 20 mg Paxil with Xanax if needed did wonders. I was back on track. Now after 14 years and I just turned 46 my anxiety is back. I cry, I am depressed, I want to run to the Er again which I did yesterday. My thyroid is normal. EKG fine, chest X-ray ok
I have not missed my periods. But could these be sings of peri menopause.
Has my Paxil stopped working.
Am I going crazy... I get scared
Dr did increase my Paxil to 30 mg
Please help buddies my soul friends!
You are in peri-menopause. It happened to me, it's happening to me if you read my post. I never had panic attack until I started with menopause. Today I had a major one but I take half a Xanax and it helps. I go for a walk, do something around the house. To me it has made life very difficult. I can relate to you. You're out and you're wondering when it will sneak up on you. Hang in there. We're all in this boat together. We're here to help each other and just listen to each other. Be glad you haven't started with the gastro problems that come along with menopause. They're making my life miserable.

The following user gives a hug of support to martha123:
Rmom (07-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
(female)

Rmom HB User

I went to the dr today and guess what, he said go on 40 mg. I am like .....
Gastro yes. I am nauseous and I never was. I am scared. I don't want to go thru the panic attacks, it reminds me of 15 years ago.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
(female)

Rmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha123 View Post
You are in peri-menopause. It happened to me, it's happening to me if you read my post. I never had panic attack until I started with menopause. Today I had a major one but I take half a Xanax and it helps. I go for a walk, do something around the house. To me it has made life very difficult. I can relate to you. You're out and you're wondering when it will sneak up on you. Hang in there. We're all in this boat together. We're here to help each other and just listen to each other. Be glad you haven't started with the gastro problems that come along with menopause. They're making my life miserable.
Martha what dosage of Xanax do u take? Hat others issues are you going thru if you don't mind asking

Old 07-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
(female)

martha123 HB User

I suffer from Gerd and chronic gastritis. I have hemorrhoids which will be banded this week plus the panic attacks. All those things started with menopause. My period ended when I was 46 I am now 49. What bothers me the most are the panic attacks because I have no control over them. I can the having a great time and in a second it hits. My Xanax is. 25 Mg.

Last edited by martha123; 07-23-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

Yes, anxiety is a a sign of peri-menopause. I will get feelings of anxiety out of no where, for no reason. I can be sitting on the couch watching tv and suddenly I'll get a shot of adrenaline or something that I can feel in my chest - as if someone snuck behind me and yelled "BOO". I will get it in the middle of the night too. I'll wake up and feel very anxious for no reason - no bad dream, no sound woke me. I hate it. The other night I couldn't fall asleep because of it. Every sound startled me and made me jump. My husband moving, a creak in the house and I'd jump. When I get like that, I'll take .25mg of xanex. I try not to take it too often. Only when I can't distract myself or calm myself and I will only use it if the anxiety is effecting my sleep. During the day, I just deal with it. I don't have full blown panic attacks, just that startled, adrenaline rush feeling that comes and goes. Oh, and heart palpitations. Those things are very prevalent with my perio.

Such a delightful phase of life.

The following user gives a hug of support to irisrose:
martha123 (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
(female)

martha123 HB User

It is a difficult phase in our lives, one that I wasn't prepared for.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

Oh yes..I'm going through this right now. Comes out of nowhere...one second you're OK..the next you feel as if you're going to jump out of your skin and you can't calm yourself down..so intense. I've been given Xanax too..but I only use them when I'm feeling real out of control. I feel like my life is on hold right now because of them..I don't want to go too far from the house because I never know when they'll strike. Why is this so awful for some and not for others?

Old 08-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

Oh my..I jump at everything too. Never used to do that before..now when someone opens a door I'm startled..and it makes me anxious. And I can't drink a lot of coffee anymore..such joy.

Closed Thread