It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
(female)

SusieBuddy HB User
Angry I feel like I'm, DYING!!!

Hello everyone....

I am 48 years old and have been going through Peri-menopause for the last 2 years.... I feel like it's getting worse the last year or so and I get these thoughts all the time like I'm dying or something is terribly wrong with me.

My main symptoms are:

1. HOT flashes...lol
2. FATIGUE... Extreme... taking lots of naps lately
3. Depression for a few days then I'm fine for a few days
4. Joints hurt.... A LOT
5. Weight gain.... UGH
6. I get a sense of dread, like I am dying.. I hate this one especially..

That's about it so far.. but enough to make me feel like I am 88 years old.

What are some natural ways to treat this stuff? I live in Texas and this heat doesn't help... I am confined to the house for most of the day and that doesn't help either... I am going nutso! I am 5/7 and weigh 182 pounds... Not super obese but I used to weigh around 135 pounds for most of my life.. I don't like what is happening to my body.

I don't have health insurance anymore and being self employed, I cannot afford it right now until my business gets better so I'm looking for any natural ways to help me feel better.... I am so afraid.... I am not even 50 and feel so old already!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to SusieBuddy:
dedwards (08-05-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: I feel like I'm, DYING!!!

Yes, menopause is lousy! That feeling of dread is probably attached to some anxiety, and lots of menopausal women have anxiety, even if they never have before.
Exercise is supposed to help. If your joints hurt, maybe it would be good to find a place where you can swim. I've tried black cohosh, and Estrovan, and they both helped a lot, initially, and then.... nothing. But they are over the counter, and may give you a reprieve.

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
SusieBuddy (08-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

Yes sounds like all the symtoms of memopause ...I also had anxiety and feelings of doom and lots of worrying..I chose to go on HRT to eliminate a lot of these and like you I never had any depression or fatigue when I was young. I had to work a full time job so could not afford to take any naps ..and exercise really helps even when you don't feel like it... after, it just makes your mood so much better..

The Following User Says Thank You to jw90 For This Useful Post:
SusieBuddy (08-05-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User

Susiebuddy....I couldn't have written your post...sounds exactly (mostly) like my situation. I would say about 8 months ago or so...I suddenly felt un-like myself...like almost overnight. I am only 37 and didn't think perimenopause as the problem. But the more I have researched it, I am fairly certain that's the culprit. Here are some of my symptoms: Moody,Depressed, Fatigue, Feelings of doom, Worrying about health and having that "I am dying feeling"....I am a hypochondriac...I worry about everything~ Feel unhappy about life at times...which seems silly since my life is a good one...financial security, stay home mom, healthy, smart extremly well behaved kids, good marriage...etc. But for some reason I feel unhappy and can't shake it. I have a loss of appetite so I don't have weight gain, rather weight loss. I also have another thing that drives me absolutely crazy...not menopause related, but I get nauseous and have this lump in my throat feeling...I think it's post nasal drip. Still researching that one though. Anyway, I have my good days and my bad days. I am on Effexor for anxiety...but would be more effective if forgetful me takes it daily. Anyway, I am looking for some relief as well...I miss the "old me". Full of energy...wanting to always be out doing stuff etc. Now I would rather just sit around and do nothing. Anyway stay in contact here and let us know if you find something that helps you!! Hugs!

The Following User Says Thank You to mommaoftwinsplus1 For This Useful Post:
Red Polka Dots (10-17-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Oh and yes, I also get hot flashed too. And night sweats. I keep a portable fan by my bed and a hand held one in my purse. I also get those cold sweats where I feel so cold, but at the same time my skin is dripping with moisture.

The following user gives a hug of support to mommaoftwinsplus1:
dedwards (08-05-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
(female)

dedwards HB User

At least I know now that I'm not alone feeling this way. I read where it takes 6-13 yr to go thru menopause.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
(female)

SusieBuddy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaoftwinsplus1 View Post
Susiebuddy....I couldn't have written your post...sounds exactly (mostly) like my situation. I would say about 8 months ago or so...I suddenly felt un-like myself...like almost overnight. I am only 37 and didn't think perimenopause as the problem. But the more I have researched it, I am fairly certain that's the culprit. Here are some of my symptoms: Moody,Depressed, Fatigue, Feelings of doom, Worrying about health and having that "I am dying feeling"....I am a hypochondriac...I worry about everything~ Feel unhappy about life at times...which seems silly since my life is a good one...financial security, stay home mom, healthy, smart extremly well behaved kids, good marriage...etc. But for some reason I feel unhappy and can't shake it. I have a loss of appetite so I don't have weight gain, rather weight loss. I also have another thing that drives me absolutely crazy...not menopause related, but I get nauseous and have this lump in my throat feeling...I think it's post nasal drip. Still researching that one though. Anyway, I have my good days and my bad days. I am on Effexor for anxiety...but would be more effective if forgetful me takes it daily. Anyway, I am looking for some relief as well...I miss the "old me". Full of energy...wanting to always be out doing stuff etc. Now I would rather just sit around and do nothing. Anyway stay in contact here and let us know if you find something that helps you!! Hugs!
Hey it's funny reading your post... You remind me of... ME...lol.. I have also had that "lump in my throat" feeling before... It is stress... Trust me... I had it off and on for years. I still get the nausea. I had it all week last week... SO incredibly annoying! I feel like puking, but still want to eat... kind of like morning sickness but I don't have a uterus so that's out of the question... lol I am in Peri for sure, but need tests to prove it... It just sucks for me because I will have a week of HELL and then a few days of feeling back to myself, then back to another week of HELL... I just don't know what to do except to deal with it. I have no insurance right now so the only options I have right now are over the counter meds... Eh... I figure if I try enough I'll eventually find one that does something to help. ALSO, I was on Effexor for 3 years.... getting off that stuff is HORRENDOUS... If you ever decide to go off it, let me know and I'll tell you how I was finally able to get off that stuff.. I swear I will never take an anti depressant again after that experience... UGH!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Stress can cause that lump in your throat feeling? Good to know...I have been freaking out that I have throat cancer or something...see I am a hypochondriac. Just out of curiousity, why did you stop effexor? I do well on it. I will try to always take my meds, and try too keep my stress level down...but having this peri menopause somedays it's harder said than done. Lets stay in touch on this thread...if you come up with something that helps you, let me know...and vice versa...HUGS!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #9
(female)

SusieBuddy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaoftwinsplus1 View Post
Stress can cause that lump in your throat feeling? Good to know...I have been freaking out that I have throat cancer or something...see I am a hypochondriac. Just out of curiousity, why did you stop effexor? I do well on it. I will try to always take my meds, and try too keep my stress level down...but having this peri menopause somedays it's harder said than done. Lets stay in touch on this thread...if you come up with something that helps you, let me know...and vice versa...HUGS!
OH yes.. It used to freak me out too.. I got off effexor when I got into a better plave emotionally.. I was married to a drug addict alcoholic and once I started getting counseling and going to Al-Anon meetings I started to feel better and eventually got the courage to leave and divorce the *******...lol.. Now I am so happy and with a man that treats me the way I deserve to be treated... only problem is now I have to deal with menopause... BUMMER~ At least I have a supportive spouse now... thank GOD! I will let you know if I find something that helps. I'm going to get some Estrovan today (the one with energy) and see if that does anything.... Maybe by the time I finally find something, I'll be over menopause.... LOL...

The following user gives a hug of support to SusieBuddy:
mommaoftwinsplus1 (08-07-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #10
(female)

Kimbo4546 HB User

Hi. I'm 52 and am also per-menopausal... I've been on antidepressants for a long time - on and off. My happiness and fun buttons have been switched off, permanently I think... I have my periods still, some light and others as heavy as..... Have had one nitesweat - been very lucky all up. Blood pressure on the lower side of normal, just DOWN pretty well all the I've. Don't think my symptoms are menopausal - just think my downers have taken over my life.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #11
(female)

DC1962 HB UserDC1962 HB User

Hi there you poor thing!

Been there! The menopausal tendonitis and terrible joint pain in my shoulders and hips made me decide that I couldn't carry on feeling and looking like a 90 year old at only 50. Dry skin (actually, dry everything) weepy, crippled....unhappy...all because of hormones. Without much persuasion from my GP I went onto conjugated HRT. I weighed up all the risks and decided they overblown, and were worth taking to get my life back for a couple of years. Only been a week and I feel better and have not looked back.

Natural is fine unless you have no quality of life...

Good luck
x

The following user gives a hug of support to DC1962:
SusieBuddy (09-01-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to DC1962 For This Useful Post:
SusieBuddy (09-01-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #12
(female)

Queasy1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBuddy View Post
Hello everyone....

I am 48 years old and have been going through Peri-menopause for the last 2 years.... I feel like it's getting worse the last year or so and I get these thoughts all the time like I'm dying or something is terribly wrong with me.

My main symptoms are:

1. HOT flashes...lol
2. FATIGUE... Extreme... taking lots of naps lately
3. Depression for a few days then I'm fine for a few days
4. Joints hurt.... A LOT
5. Weight gain.... UGH
6. I get a sense of dread, like I am dying.. I hate this one especially..

That's about it so far.. but enough to make me feel like I am 88 years old.

What are some natural ways to treat this stuff? I live in Texas and this heat doesn't help... I am confined to the house for most of the day and that doesn't help either... I am going nutso! I am 5/7 and weigh 182 pounds... Not super obese but I used to weigh around 135 pounds for most of my life.. I don't like what is happening to my body.

I don't have health insurance anymore and being self employed, I cannot afford it right now until my business gets better so I'm looking for any natural ways to help me feel better.... I am so afraid.... I am not even 50 and feel so old already!!!
---------------------------

I just read your post and felt I had to join to reply! I'm (almost) 47 and you could be describing exactly what I am going through - down to being self employed and having no health insurance at the moment. Thank you for saying what I've been feeling, right down to the symptoms.

I didn't realize I was going through perimenopause until a couple of months ago. I've had various symptoms and never strung them together until I missed a period by three weeks. I was worried enough to google my symptoms, found information on perimenopause and could have sworn I jinxed myself because I seem to have been hit with every symptom all at once!

Tried to ask family and friends for support (sort of a 'let me know what you've been going though approach) and found zero support. There's a reluctance to talk about a very natural progression and this board is (hyperbole alert) just a breath of fresh air. Suddenly, I don't feel so alone

I'm looking for natural approaches as well. Trying to up my intake of magnesium (which is actually helping me around the time of my periods) and I've become strangely addicted to soy milk.

I've had feelings of dread as well and at times, they get pretty intense. There are two things I'm trying, with varying degrees of success. One is sage tea, the other is aromatherapy. Trying lavender and sage candles...other ideas welcome! Nothing medical about it, tbh - just trying to keep a calm environment as much as possible.

I'm also trying to think about 'the other side of the fence'...y'know - when it is all over. I try to coach myself through it...and think of all the money I'll save on sanitary products when this all over. Good humor all falls apart though when I throw up like I just did!

The Following User Says Thank You to Queasy1 For This Useful Post:
Red Polka Dots (10-17-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #13
(female)

SusieBuddy HB User

Hi I am glad you found this website, even tho the reason's are kind of a bummer...lol.. It's nice to know we aren't alone and that there IS hope and there IS a light at the end of the tunnel of hot flashes, night sweats, nausea, moodiness, joint pain and dread... lol.. Anyhow, I just started taking a suppliment called "Vitality" by NuSkin... Yes, it's a kind of a multi level marketing thing, but actually my Doctor called me (well she USED to be my doctor before I moved to Texas) and suggested I try it. I have been on it for almost a week and I DEFINITELY notice a difference in my energy level and I have actually lost 2 pounds! I still feel tired and fatigued, but I am also finding that I am managing to get through my days here on the ranch and I don't need as many resting breaks like I did before. I am pretty sure it's helping and I will keep posting how I am doing... After ALL the suppliments I have tried (Green Coffee Bean, DLPA, LCartinine, Rasbeery Keytone, Estrovan with Energy to name a few) This is the ONLY one that has really made a noticible difference... SO FAR... lol...

Old 09-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
(female)

Queasy1 HB User

I'll have to look into Vitality...is it very expensive? I remembered something last night that I will run out and get. It's an ****** plant called Fenugreek. You get it in ****** stores as a packet of little brown seeds. It helps with nausea and I'm going to try to see if that helps. Soak 'em overnight and eat them the next morning. Think you can also find this as capsules(?) at Walgreens, but I have never tried those. btw - I've also found B-complex to have helped with my energy levels...have you noticed that as well? ETA - Why does I n d i a n come out as ******? :-)

Last edited by Queasy1; 09-13-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Closed Thread