It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

SusieBuddy HB User
Unhappy I am 49 and going crazy!!!

OK, so I am 49 years old (actually will be next month) and feel like I am going crazy!

I am SO tired ALL the time and my body aches like I have developed some kind of bad disease or something... I am just about at my wits end and I have no health insurance right now... (divorced a drug addict alcoholic and lost everything)

Here I am, 2 years later, happier than I've ever been relationship wise and I and now I feel like my health is falling apart and I am SURE that I am in Peri-Menopause at least, but can't afford to go to the doctor right now and get the needed tests to be sure... Sooooo....

I have the dreaded belly fat, and it really sucks to be my age and look like you are 7 months pregnant... I am emotional and feel sick all the time... UGH!!! I have NO energy and it takes a ton of effort to do anything... My entire life I was skinny and never had to worry about what I ate and now I am having to diet and I am NOT good at it... I've been trying and can't get any weight to come off... I'll go up and down 5 or 7 pounds in a matter of a few days and I am just about ready to give up... But then what??? UGH!!

I am taking Green Coffee Bean, DLPA and L Cartinene and nothing seems to be working... I just wish there was a magic pill I could take that would give me energy and help me not want to eat everything in front of me...

I have been reading some posts and it is SAD but COMFORTING that I am not the only one feeling the way I feel... I wish there was a support group in my area I could find....

The following user gives a hug of support to SusieBuddy:
jwatt (07-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
(female)

jwatt HB Userjwatt HB Userjwatt HB User
Re: I am. 49, and going crazy!!!

Hi SusieBuddy.. you are probably in perimenopause and I have been there and done all that. Its a choice I make I'm on HRT. and if I was still having periods I would go on birth control pills ..I had all the symptoms that you have ...you really need to go to a doctor who can diagnose you. there should be clinics in your area that will see you at a reduced price ..we have one where we live and they will not charge a fee if you qualify financially. I did not get the belly fat that some do ..I'm 67 and can still work out daily and I think hormones are the key to good health and are not the bad guy everyone makes them out to be ..but it is a personal choice that everyone has to make..to me life is one big risk anyway..so why not enjoy it..

Last edited by jwatt; 07-29-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
Re: I am 49 and going crazy!!!

Right here with you..the belly fat thing is driving me nuts..can't rid it. Can't lose weight..I've been trying to navigate through this for a long time..but the last 6 months has really been bad. I really don't have any energy..does not help that I'm caring for my sick parents too. Just try as much as you can to only do what you can and not push yourself too much. That's what I'm doing..I'm really trying to eat right..less carbs..more protein and good fats. And cut down on sugar...that is the biggest thing I think. Exercise too..but I know..it's hard. So hard to have your body betray you like this..and I know it's a transition...but I had no idea it would be so hard. Some women sail through it..others not so much. I'm getting my levels checked and I'm thinking of some way to get some estrogen..I am close to asking for some..but I've really tried to avoid HRT..not sure I can say that anymore given how I feel.

Hang in there...

The following user gives a hug of support to Laye:
jwatt (08-01-2012)
Old 08-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Hi Susiebuddy,
I too thought I was losing my mind and my health at 48. I am now 50 and found out it was menopause at all. It was my thyroid. I have Hashimoto's Disease which causes hypothyroidism. I would suggest you go and have a FULL thyroid panel done to see if you have a thyroid problem FIRST before you blame it on menopause. Come to find out, I am not menopausal at all yet! Ask the doctor to run the following tests:
TSH, Free T3, Free T4 and a TPO. I had the same symptoms you were having. Once I got on thyroid meds and a gluten free diet I lost 20 pounds and got my energy back. Growing older is not for sissies.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
(female)

wanda1962 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBuddy View Post
OK, so I am 49 years old (actually will be next month) and feel like I am going crazy!

I am SO tired ALL the time and my body aches like I have developed some kind of bad disease or something... I am just about at my wits end and I have no health insurance right now... (divorced a drug addict alcoholic and lost everything)

Here I am, 2 years later, happier than I've ever been relationship wise and I and now I feel like my health is falling apart and I am SURE that I am in Peri-Menopause at least, but can't afford to go to the doctor right now and get the needed tests to be sure... Sooooo....

I have the dreaded belly fat, and it really sucks to be my age and look like you are 7 months pregnant... I am emotional and feel sick all the time... UGH!!! I have NO energy and it takes a ton of effort to do anything... My entire life I was skinny and never had to worry about what I ate and now I am having to diet and I am NOT good at it... I've been trying and can't get any weight to come off... I'll go up and down 5 or 7 pounds in a matter of a few days and I am just about ready to give up... But then what??? UGH!!

I am taking Green Coffee Bean, DLPA and L Cartinene and nothing seems to be working... I just wish there was a magic pill I could take that would give me energy and help me not want to eat everything in front of me...

I have been reading some posts and it is SAD but COMFORTING that I am not the only one feeling the way I feel... I wish there was a support group in my area I could find....
i to had all these symptoms and i for the last 2mths have been taking ,macafem i was sceptical about the products claims but had nothing to lose well i can tell u its amazing totally changed my life and its all natural hope this helps.

Closed Thread