It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

Sugzze01 HB User
Just wondering

I am at times so tired that I can hardly stand it! Also, I'm starting to think there is something else wrong with me! It has been ten years since I started going through menopause, and thought by now I would be finished. My heart was racing the other day, when I was in the grocery store, and I felt like all I wanted to do was lay down and go to sleep because I was so dreadfully tired. I was just wondering if anyone here is going through the same thing. Well, getting ready to make an appointment with my doctor. A reply will be very much appreciated.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Just wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugzze01 View Post
I am at times so tired that I can hardly stand it! Also, I'm starting to think there is something else wrong with me! It has been ten years since I started going through menopause, and thought by now I would be finished. My heart was racing the other day, when I was in the grocery store, and I felt like all I wanted to do was lay down and go to sleep because I was so dreadfully tired. I was just wondering if anyone here is going through the same thing. Well, getting ready to make an appointment with my doctor. A reply will be very much appreciated.
hi....and welcome to the boards. i too suffer from menopause from hell...lol. i started to have tachycardia attacks when i was in my early 40's. the racing heart is an indication of hormone fluctuation and it is also a percursor to the fatigue. when your heart races...(mine used to race for anywhere from 8 to 12 hours), it's like running a marathon as far as your heart is concerned. i found out years ago that i was suffering from estrogen dominance and ended up taking hormones. low dose estrogen and double dose progesterone. progesterone is the calming chemical in our bodies. estrogen gives us our drive. i've had tons of things that i've had to deal with throughout my meopause and it can last up to 15 years. i've been in full blown menopause for, going on 3 years and actually had a period, (more like hemorraged) last december, after being in menopause with no periods for 2 1/2 years. they wanted to do all kinds of procedures but due to the fact that i had cataract surgery on both eyes and they wanted to do the operation the day after my other surgeries....i cancelled. menopause can be easy for some and very difficult for others. the fatigue just goes with the change in hormonal function. your doc will probably check your thyroid function as the hormonal imbalance can affect this. hang in there and wait until you see your doc. if you're not already on hormones, she may suggest you go on them until you're out of the woods, so to speak. keep in touch and let me know what your doc says. by the way....short naps or just closing your eyes for 20 minutes or so can sometimes be refreshing, but still try to stay active no matter how tired you are. the exercise will benefit you. good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to boobootwo For This Useful Post:
Sugzze01 (07-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
(female)

SusieBuddy HB User

I feel the same way. I am at home right now, reading your post and I feel so crappy that I can't even get myself to get up and do anything... I have also been worried about something else being wrong with me. I have no energy and feel really "out of it" most days and even though I know logically I'm probably ok, it just freaks me out that I feel so crappy most of the time lately.. I have no health insurance and it's going to cost me around 400 dollars to get in to see a gynecologist to get an exam and bloodwork done to figure out if this is peri-menopause... I am 49 and have been having hot flashes for 2 years so I'm sure I am, but I would feel a lot better knowing something even worse isn't going on...

Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBuddy View Post
I feel the same way. I am at home right now, reading your post and I feel so crappy that I can't even get myself to get up and do anything... I have also been worried about something else being wrong with me. I have no energy and feel really "out of it" most days and even though I know logically I'm probably ok, it just freaks me out that I feel so crappy most of the time lately.. I have no health insurance and it's going to cost me around 400 dollars to get in to see a gynecologist to get an exam and bloodwork done to figure out if this is peri-menopause... I am 49 and have been having hot flashes for 2 years so I'm sure I am, but I would feel a lot better knowing something even worse isn't going on...
i generally feel crappy most days too and fatigued. i have no doubt that you're in perimenopause at 49. you remember when i told you that i seemed to always have something weird going on with my body.....well....i persisted with my gp and kept saying...this can't just be hormonal changes. i went on to eventually develop sjogrens syndrome and fibromyalgia around the same time. the sad part was that nothing showed in tests for 8-10 years. i started to do all kinds of research on what my symptoms were. then i asked my doc if she would humour me and do an antinuclear antibody blood test on me. she said, sure. that's when it showed up in my bloodwork. i've read articles that show that women who tend to have extreme problems with their change of life, tend to have more of a chemical imbalance and can go on to develop autoimmune disorders. now....that's not to say, that that's what's going on with you.fatigue and general malaise is common in these years of life. it may be your diet, hormonal fluctuation....even depression, when you don't even know you're depressed. i live in canada so we have the coverage to see our doc's whenever we have to. i feel for anyone living in the u.s. where the only option is money. there are a lot of websites that you can list your symptoms that might give you an idea of what's going on, but don't dwell on what you read until you actually get examined by your doc. i wish you the best and i'm sure....as bad as it feels sometimes, that you will be fine. don't get yourself all anxious over this until you see your gp. i will tell you one thing for certain.....stress will make you sicker. just try to keep moving as much as you can and rest periodically. you will be fine. don't worry until you actually have something to worry about. right now....just live.

Last edited by boobootwo; 07-30-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: typo

Old 07-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
(female)

SusieBuddy HB User

Thank you booboo, I appreciate your input.... logically I feel that I am probably fine except for my hormone changes, but when you feel bad day after day you start to wonder if something else is going on. I do have good days now and then so it's not like I'm constantly deteriorating, I just hate the bad days and it seems like I do have more bad days than good days.

Today for instance... I felt somewhat ok when I woke up this morning, but after a cup of coffee, I started to feel bad and never was able to snap out of it. I have coffee every morning, and only one cup, so I doubt it's that...I ate a little breakfast and almost couldn't get it down without gagging... ugh. I've been nauseaus and feeling light headed all day and I just want it to stop... lol.. Hoping a nap and some soup when I wake up might help me to feel better...

Old 07-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Thank you booboo, I appreciate your input.... logically I feel that I am probably fine except for my hormone changes, but when you feel bad day after day you start to wonder if something else is going on. I do have good days now and then so it's not like I'm constantly deteriorating, I just hate the bad days and it seems like I do have more bad days than good days.

Today for instance... I felt somewhat ok when I woke up this morning, but after a cup of coffee, I started to feel bad and never was able to snap out of it. I have coffee every morning, and only one cup, so I doubt it's that...I ate a little breakfast and almost couldn't get it down without gagging... ugh. I've been nauseaus and feeling light headed all day and I just want it to stop... lol.. Hoping a nap and some soup when I wake up might help me to feel better...
i'm just wondering by your description if you might have the flu? sounds like you have all of the symptoms, or you may be developing a virus of some kind. do you have a fever? i would definitely see your doc and get checked out just to make sure. if you find that you have even a slight fever you should take a couple of tylenol's for a few nights to keep the fever down. i really hope you start to feel better. let me know when you see your gp...okay?

Old 07-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
(female)

SusieBuddy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobootwo View Post
i'm just wondering by your description if you might have the flu? sounds like you have all of the symptoms, or you may be developing a virus of some kind. do you have a fever? i would definitely see your doc and get checked out just to make sure. if you find that you have even a slight fever you should take a couple of tylenol's for a few nights to keep the fever down. i really hope you start to feel better. let me know when you see your gp...okay?
Hi again

Thanks so much for the reply again. I get this from time to time, it feels like morning sickness and it usually hits me when I feel a shift in my hormones. It starts out where I will get a few days where I want to eat everything in sight, then after that, it goes to the opposite, where I hardly want to eat for a few days. This time it was pretty bad and almost did feel like the stomach flu yesterday but I can't be sure. Today I feel better so far, but still a tiny bit queasy. It's really weird because I still want to eat, but feel like throwing up... so hard to explain... I don't have periods anymore since I was 31 when I had to have a hysterectomy due to fibroids in the wall of my uterus... I only have one ovary now and it's causing me misery! Just wish I could get it taken out and get right into full blown menopause and get it over with...lol... I wish I had health insurance... I've never been without it until last November... Too expensive for me right now, I just moved to Texas back in January and am getting my business going here so I figure in about a year I'll be able to afford it again.. until then Im a cash patient and boy it's expensive!!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
(female)

Quote:
Hi again

Thanks so much for the reply again. I get this from time to time, it feels like morning sickness and it usually hits me when I feel a shift in my hormones. It starts out where I will get a few days where I want to eat everything in sight, then after that, it goes to the opposite, where I hardly want to eat for a few days. This time it was pretty bad and almost did feel like the stomach flu yesterday but I can't be sure. Today I feel better so far, but still a tiny bit queasy. It's really weird because I still want to eat, but feel like throwing up... so hard to explain... I don't have periods anymore since I was 31 when I had to have a hysterectomy due to fibroids in the wall of my uterus... I only have one ovary now and it's causing me misery! Just wish I could get it taken out and get right into full blown menopause and get it over with...lol... I wish I had health insurance... I've never been without it until last November... Too expensive for me right now, I just moved to Texas back in January and am getting my business going here so I figure in about a year I'll be able to afford it again.. until then Im a cash patient and boy it's expensive!!
no, no....don't have the other one removed. you should keep your estrogen as long as you can. it aids in keeping you healthy in the sense of taking care of your heart, bones and skin, etc. if your estrogen drops too soon you could end up with arthritis and other problems too soon for your age. i know it's bothersome, but trust me....hang on to that wonderful estrogen as long as you can. by the way....i wanted to let you know that i had to quit drinking coffee, due to the fact that i developed reflux disease and ended up in the hospital a few times with severe stomach spasms. the last time i had a coffee....and i only had one...i ended up back in the ER. so.....if i were you....i would give up that coffee for a few days and see if you feel better. sometimes worry alone can affect our digestive system. let me know if you do it and how you feel after a few days okay?

Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
(female)

SusieBuddy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobootwo View Post
no, no....don't have the other one removed. you should keep your estrogen as long as you can. it aids in keeping you healthy in the sense of taking care of your heart, bones and skin, etc. if your estrogen drops too soon you could end up with arthritis and other problems too soon for your age. i know it's bothersome, but trust me....hang on to that wonderful estrogen as long as you can. by the way....i wanted to let you know that i had to quit drinking coffee, due to the fact that i developed reflux disease and ended up in the hospital a few times with severe stomach spasms. the last time i had a coffee....and i only had one...i ended up back in the ER. so.....if i were you....i would give up that coffee for a few days and see if you feel better. sometimes worry alone can affect our digestive system. let me know if you do it and how you feel after a few days okay?
I will thank you so much! I actually didn't have any coffee today and was feeling "ok" but not completely better, but then I had to go out and repair some fence when I saw a horse running loose on the property... Now I feel SOOO tired again and a bit queasy but still not as bad as yesterday... I live on a 160 acre horse ranch with 51 horses.... so I do have some chores I MUST do whether I feel like it or not.. At least I got the fence mended and everyone seems to be ok now in their own pastures so I think my work for the afternoon is done... I'm going to get a shower and lay down for a bit. Thanks so much and I do appreciate you writing to me.. I have felt so alone out here dealing with all this. (I live in the BOONIES!)... lol. I must add though that I have a SUPER supportive spouse.. I just hate him having to see me and listen to me like this all the time.. I try and keep what I can to myself because the last person I want to bring down is him.. He is my rock and I need him to stay that way...lol...

Old 07-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
(female)

Quote:
I will thank you so much! I actually didn't have any coffee today and was feeling "ok" but not completely better, but then I had to go out and repair some fence when I saw a horse running loose on the property... Now I feel SOOO tired again and a bit queasy but still not as bad as yesterday... I live on a 160 acre horse ranch with 51 horses.... so I do have some chores I MUST do whether I feel like it or not.. At least I got the fence mended and everyone seems to be ok now in their own pastures so I think my work for the afternoon is done... I'm going to get a shower and lay down for a bit. Thanks so much and I do appreciate you writing to me.. I have felt so alone out here dealing with all this. (I live in the BOONIES!)... lol. I must add though that I have a SUPER supportive spouse.. I just hate him having to see me and listen to me like this all the time.. I try and keep what I can to myself because the last person I want to bring down is him.. He is my rock and I need him to stay that way...lol...
you sound like you have a very blessed life. i love horses, grew up riding them and was a horse groom for years at a raceway. also lived on a farm and used to ride the cows too...lol. didn't exactly like chasing the chickens with no heads though, taking care of horses is very strenuous but has it's perks too. i used to think of them like dogs until they nipped me or kicked me, but i knew they were just being playful. little different when it's a huge animal...lol. i can totally understand why you're so drained most of the time. menopause is hard enough but having to deal with the daily chores that you have, would knock me on my butt.

i'm having a hard time myself trying to get packed so i can move at the end of august. going back to my home town in windsor, ontario. i live in london, ontario right now. i moved here almost 9 years ago and who knew that i would be taking care of 3 ailing and then dying family members. my step-father just died last august and my mother 1 1/2 years before that and my uncle 3 years before that. i totally believe that everything happens for a reason. i still have 2 sisters here and one in windsor that i quit speaking to because of her accusations about my mother, but i have good long time friends there and am looking forward to moving back. i found a place that's right on the lake. i guess it's time to take care of me now. you should do the same. by the way....your husband loves you for who you are and if you need a shoulder, i'm sure that he loves you enough to lend you one when you need it. let him be your strength and you be his wit.

don't hesitate to contact me. i'm not on here quite as much as i used to be, but i will get back to you if you need me. don't ever feel alone. i'm sure you're loved, more than you know. keep in touch...

Closed Thread