It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
(female)

Lizzy3040 HB User
Skin crawling sensation and itchiness

Hi, I am 51 yrs. old and recently started having these weird skin sensations. It feels like there is a bug biting me in all different places of my body and then there is the itchiness. Had many tests done and bloodwork to check liver and kidney, and everything was normal. I'll take a klonopin to help with the anxiety I feel for this but only helps the itch for a while. Try not to think about it but that is hard to do. I saw posts of this symptom in this forum but most were dated and haven't seen anything new on this. Is there anyone that has or have had this. It is worse than being in pain. PLEASE HELP! P.S. Still getting a period.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
(female)

rroyalgrl1 HB User
Re: Skin crawling sensation and itchiness

I have the same skin problem . They have given me steroid cream and Elidel cream. It helps some . I had a biopsy last week and will get results tomorrow .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It could be peripheral neuropathy if it affects primarily your feet. lower legs and hands. I would expect some level of numbness with it too. If that fits your locations, testing for B12, folic acid deficiency, and thyroid testing and diabetes testing should be done, as well as an ANA for connective tissue disorder. Alcohol excess can cause PN also. You might want to read over some of the posts on peripheral neuropathy to see if that fits with what you are experiencing. Sometimes it is hereditary or idiopathic (no known cause).

Old 08-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
(female)

Lizzy3040 HB User

rroyalgrl1: What are they doing a biopsy on?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
(female)

Lizzy3040 HB User

ladybud: I have had all those blood tests and everything was normal. Drs say part peri-menopause and part anxiety. I just can't believe it.

Closed Thread

« Fsh | Weird legs »