It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

magicbus224 HB User
Cool bad hot flashes/night sweats

hello all. was wondering if anyone can tell me they do for this other than HRT..i have such bad hot flashes during the day its terrible..i sweat so much it drips like i just got out of the shower..and my body temp feels like its 200 degrees almost all the time..i enjoy the summer , beach, pool but i will say i have lived inside most of the summer this year because of it..it is really ruining my summer..night sweats are terrible also omg i wake up twice a night dripping..sometimes when i have the energy i get up and take a cold shower. and bad headache also..i have been taking a blend of herbs that is supposed to help and the cream i have that i rub on twice a day..well thats not working!! i really dont want to do the HRT. but it is really making my life hell..thanks

Old 08-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: bad hot flashes/night sweats

Sorry you are having these issues. I'm on HRT so have no history with other methods.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
(female)

magicbus224 HB User

is the hrt working..i may have to try that next

Old 08-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
(female)

magicbus224 HB User

i really have to do something i cant live like this..the way the sweat pours off me ugh..i have no life now cause i just cant go out like this..even the pool in the condos where i live..even in the water i feel hot!! i am afraid to try hrt but i have not choice now just to feel normal again..thanks

Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I've been on it for 8 years and have no intention of ever getting off it. No symptoms at all. Am on Activella.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #6
(female)

magicbus224 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I've been on it for 8 years and have no intention of ever getting off it. No symptoms at all. Am on Activella.
8 years omg its gonna last that long!!! just alittle scared of what i have read about hrt and cancer..i knew one woman that did get cancer from it.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Taking HRT only puts off the symptoms until you stop it. Once you stop HRT, it is possible to have symptoms for 2-3 years. I'm not up to that. Also, at 66 I am still sexually active so it kind of necessitates that I take something. My sister had a hysterectomy in her early 30's and is still on HRT at 65. We've talked about it and both of us plan to stay on it. There is no cancer history in our immediate family except for one uncle who contracted pancreatic cancer at age 82.....and he smoked off an on all his life. There is no breast cancer or ovarian cancer in our family and both of us had been on birth control for years prior to HRT. We just have no risk factors - other than age and being female.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
magicbus224 (08-04-2012)
Closed Thread