It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User
Question Herbs for menopause symptoms?

I have hot flashes bad. At night I have night sweats and difficult time sleeping. Has anyone out there taken Black Cohosh for menopause symptoms? Also right before I have a hot flash I feel nauseated. Does this happen to anyone else?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
(female)

swannang HB User
Talking Re: Herbs for menopause symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Lady View Post
I have hot flashes bad. At night I have night sweats and difficult time sleeping. Has anyone out there taken Black Cohosh for menopause symptoms? Also right before I have a hot flash I feel nauseated. Does this happen to anyone else?
I had hot flushes especially at night, which I slept with a fan on which helped. I was told it wasn't early menopause but my acupuncture gave me ChinaMed Menopause 2 anyway, as it can't hurt u even if not menopausal. I took these tablets for approx 1 year and they helped. My flusses would come during day while I was talking to someone. Just dripping with sweat. Very embaressed. With in 2/3 days night sweats eased and no more day time. It also helped calm my stomach. But as I said doc said it wasn't menopause, but the tablets helped as I was taking nothing else. If I went off them for a few days it would come back. It is a high strength chinese herbal medicine. I never took the amount it said. One in the morning and one at night was enough. It does say take 3 twice a day, anything is worth a try if it will give u a good night. Hope this helps :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to swannang For This Useful Post:
Crafty Lady (08-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User
Re: Herbs for menopause symptoms?

Thanks for the information. I'am definately in menopause because I haven't had a period in over 2 years. I too keep a fan blowing on my face at night. Where did you get the chinese medication that you take if you don't mind me asking? I have read that Vitamin E also helps hot flashes,so I have started taking them but haven't been taking them long enough to see if they will help. Also I might go ahead and try the black cohosh .

Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Hope you find something that works for you. I'm on HRT so have no natural recommendations for you. It works great for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Crafty Lady (08-22-2012)
Old 08-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
(female)

swannang HB User
Wink Re: Herbs for menopause symptoms?

Hi, not sure where u are from. But I used to get my from my
Acupuncture guy! U can buy them at most health shops or places where
Natural medicine is used.

The Following User Says Thank You to swannang For This Useful Post:
Crafty Lady (08-22-2012)
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User

Thanks for information about where to get the chinese medicine. I live in the USA in the state of Texas. I could check the vitamin and health food stores around here.

Closed Thread