It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Feel so ill

Hi
I've been posting for a very long time, I don't seem to have got to the bottom of why I feel like I'm slowly dying most of the time.
I'm now wondering if this is the start of the change happening to me.
My periods have always been regular at between 28-29 days. They still are fairly regular now, but the length and blood flow is different. I used to have mild spotting going into a proper bleed, then mild spotting, tapering off to nothing, all over about 5 days.

Now this past few months I have had straight in at day 1 fairly heavy bleeding for about 2 days then almost nothing for about 4
days, just like messy discharge (sorry graphic).

This is hard to explain but I feel I'll most of the month. I wake up every morning with stomach ache and wind/ wind pains. I have increasing heart palls which was treated 2 years ago, got better and is now coming back. I'm always tired, my sleep is erratic and disturbed most night, sometimes by vivid dreams and I wake really hot. I ache all over, I have this constant flu aches through by back and legs.
This month I've had some dull aching in my lower stomach , pelvic area, on right side mainly.

I also get headaches, urine inceptions, and I've had two campylobacter infections too.
I've had various tests. ECG,s, endo, I have a small hiatus hernia. I've had bloods done which were all ok, except my creatinine was raised a bit so doctor said repeat in one year as he wasn't too concerned.

To summarise it I just feel lousy, and Ill every single day. I get no days where I feel well all day. The worst time for me is on waking. I thought we humans were supposed to wake feeling rejuvenated and well. I wake feeling sick every day.

I'm 50 years old and want to feel well again, I'm so down
Does anyone think it's peri, or menopause ? Btw my hormone levels all fell within the normal perameters.

Some knowledge would be appreciated please

Last edited by Worrybucket; 09-04-2012 at 11:56 PM.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Worrybucket
greeneyez 1966 (09-14-2012), Izzabella256 (09-11-2012), jw90 (09-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User
Re: Feel so ill

so why are you not willing to try some BCP or a very low dose of HRT. I personally could not stand to feel like I was dying every day I have to many things I want to do with my life ...If im going to die I want to do it living.
but every one is free to choose how they deal with menopause

Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwatt View Post
so why are you not willing to try some BCP or a very low dose of HRT. I personally could not stand to feel like I was dying every day I have to many things I want to do with my life ...If im going to die I want to do it living.
but every one is free to choose how they deal with menopause
I'm really worried about taking hrt. Two of my friends took it and both developed breast cancer within 2 years of taking it. I'm not saying it was that but it scared me. Wouldn't it be lovely if we could have guarantees that we wouldn't get something nasty from taking the very thing that would probably make me feel so
much better?

I'm not sure it's peri, as I had hormones blocs done a few months ago and my gyno thought I was no where near meno. All I know is I have a good few symptoms for peri and I feel wretched almost every day, and it's debilitating.

Last edited by Worrybucket; 09-05-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

You should get your hormones checked and then just try a low dose birth control pill for just a few months and see if you feel better..you don't have to stay on them. at least it would let you know if it was peri symptoms.. I have been on HRT since I was 49 or 50 and now I'm 67 ..so not everyone gets breast cancer..and you also have to look at diet and lifesyle. but if you feel Ill all the time you will not be able to excercise. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

I will be 50 in a few months and this past year has been the worst of my peri. I would guess you are experiencing it too. Mine is mostly fragmented, light sleep and I'm hot when I sleep. And anxiety out of no where.

I began taking prescribed progesterone cream. It seemed to help with my hot sleeping and night sweats but the sleep is still fragmented and light and though I'm not roasting when I sleep, I'm still hot and sleep with one light blanket. That's unheard of for me. I've been one of those women that would freeze all year long.

I would consider staying on the progesterone if it was fixing my sleep. But I've packed on 15lbs in 8 mos and I still don't sleep great. So I am going to try something different. I figure perimeno and menopause is all trial and error.

I've been reading about maca root. It's been used in South America for thousands of years and it's starting to get recognized here in the US by naturopaths. It helps to level out your hormones naturally. I've only been using it for about 5 days now and am still trying to figure out the right amount to take. But I will say, it gives me more energy. I make sure I take it in the morning and after lunch but not late afternoon or evening so I don't effect my sleep. I've been exercising and with the addition of the maca root, I'm going to try this for awhile and see how I feel.

I'm not sure if these kinds of things are available to you in the UK. If it is, maybe look into it, read about it and see if maybe it will at least help you get a little more energy back. Energy will also help with your mood. Then maybe that would help you to begin feeling better.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: irisrose
greeneyez 1966 (09-13-2012), Izzabella256 (09-11-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm like jwatt. I'm 66 and have been on HRT for about 8-9 years. My sister has been on it for about 35 years (hysterectomy). No problems for either of us. I will qualify this by saying that this is no cancer of any kind in our immediate family or aunts and uncles except for one case of pancreatic cancer in one uncle at age 82. And he smoked. We both get annual physicals, mammos, etc so feel like we have a good situation. Plus the HRT works wonders.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am going to my GP on Friday. I'm going to ask for a referral to a gyno again. I need to weigh up my options because i cant go on feeling like this. It isnt even cyclical, its pretty much every day. Shouldnt peri and meno symproms be at certain times of the month?

Im not convinced its anything to do with my hormones. I have constant belly ache, and the palps are difficult to deal with too.

My weight has gone up again lately, i always feel unhealthy when im over weight, so i should lose some weight but i feel so horrible i cant even muster up energy to hit a good eating plan

Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Oh heavens, no! Peri and menopause symptoms continue all month long. Please do see a gyno and get HRT or bcp or something to help you.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

hello , i can relate too how you are feeling im in the same boat .i feel aweful i have headaches muscle aches and stiffiness and my periods have changed ive always been regular up untill march of this yr when i noticed they were getting lighter then heavier and shorter up untill june then july of this yr i didnt get one and then in august i got 2 and it hasnt stopped it was so heavy i was afraid too leavy my house i went thru clothing and bed sheets for a week and i had huge blood clots has this happened too you?? i told my dr who ordered blood work and all they said was that my blood pressure was high and so was my chlorestrol .i too am a wreck and this isnt me . i have pain everywhere AND FEEL LIKE CRAP !

Old 09-12-2012, 03:40 AM   #10
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrybucket View Post
Hi
I've been posting for a very long time, I don't seem to have got to the bottom of why I feel like I'm slowly dying most of the time.
I'm now wondering if this is the start of the change happening to me.
My periods have always been regular at between 28-29 days. They still are fairly regular now, but the length and blood flow is different. I used to have mild spotting going into a proper bleed, then mild spotting, tapering off to nothing, all over about 5 days.

Now this past few months I have had straight in at day 1 fairly heavy bleeding for about 2 days then almost nothing for about 4
days, just like messy discharge (sorry graphic).

This is hard to explain but I feel I'll most of the month. I wake up every morning with stomach ache and wind/ wind pains. I have increasing heart palls which was treated 2 years ago, got better and is now coming back. I'm always tired, my sleep is erratic and disturbed most night, sometimes by vivid dreams and I wake really hot. I ache all over, I have this constant flu aches through by back and legs.
This month I've had some dull aching in my lower stomach , pelvic area, on right side mainly.

I also get headaches, urine inceptions, and I've had two campylobacter infections too.
I've had various tests. ECG,s, endo, I have a small hiatus hernia. I've had bloods done which were all ok, except my creatinine was raised a bit so doctor said repeat in one year as he wasn't too concerned.

To summarise it I just feel lousy, and Ill every single day. I get no days where I feel well all day. The worst time for me is on waking. I thought we humans were supposed to wake feeling rejuvenated and well. I wake feeling sick every day.

I'm 50 years old and want to feel well again, I'm so down
Does anyone think it's peri, or menopause ? Btw my hormone levels all fell within the normal perameters.

Some knowledge would be appreciated please
hi worry bucket youve just described me its horrible i was so beside my self because i felt so lousy i sat on my bed and cried ive had my period for 19 days and it was heavy with clotting now its slowing down but i got 2 periods in one month and the second one went right into the next month so i dont know what too expect .this hit me so quick because i didnt notice the signs i thought i was just stressed . im tired all the time and i dont sleep because im always waking up going too the bathroom and i was soaked with sweat and felt sick too my stomach i thought i was getting the flu i have aches and pains exactly where you said you had yours its just plain horrible im a very active person and all i wanna do when i get out of work is lay around and do nothing this is not me =(

Old 09-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

Since you're still getting a period, even irregular, maybe you could try some progesterone cream. I began using it when my periods became heavy and painful. As we get near menopause and go through perimeno, the estrogen is higher than our progesterone and allows the lining of the uterus to get thicker each month so there is more to shed. And if it's thick and there are clots, it takes longer to shed and can cause prolonged periods and clots.

You can get progesterone cream at a health food stores and it's pretty safe. I used it for years to help with my periods. Anytime I would stop, my periods would start getting longer and painful on the first 2 days. Topical progesterone should not effect your blood pressure. In fact it might help in conjunction with your blood pressure meds. Progesterone is a very calming hormone.

The Following User Says Thank You to irisrose For This Useful Post:
greeneyez 1966 (09-13-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

I re-read your original post. Who checked your hormone levels? Did they check everything or just the estradial looking for signs of menopause?

Even if your levels were normal at the time of testing, that is a snapshot of time throughout the month. Mine were normal too but I was prescribed pharmaceutical progesterone cream and found great relief. My hormone doctor (specializes in female hormone replacement) said that your hormones fluctuate day to day even hour to hour, so if you are experiencing symptoms of perimenopause, chances are your hormones are out of balance some time over the course of the month.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have had the weirdest period this month.
It came at 24-25 days which is early for me at usual 28-30 days.

I had really sore nipples and breasts right before which did not become less sore when my period started. In fact im on day 5 now and my breasts are still sore. Ive never had that before, ever. Also this period 's flow was weird too, sorry for graphics, but it was almost black in colour, not very red as usual, some black clots, heavy day 1, then day 2-now light but very dark in colour, Its almost over but with a lot of spots on pad as opposed to proper bleeding.

I always monitor my times, length etc, but this one is a strange one.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #14
(female)

menopausemisery HB User

I am 46 years old and going through menopause. I COMPLETELY understand how you are feeling Worrybucket. I feel the exact same way, and it's terrible. I have been to my doctor so many times, it's aggravating. No relief. I am considering go to a Hormone Replacement, but I don't have insurance and I don't have the money. But, I HAVE to do something, and soon.
I am on an HRT, and it hasn't helped at all. It just seems like it's getting worse. I feel like I've been hit by a bus. It's worse in the morning...I don't want to get out of bed....I feel nauseas and tired. I start feeling a little better in the evening, but I'm still tired, and have no energy. I've never been like this. I've always been very energetic...to the point that my husband would complain that I never sit still. Now, I don't even want to get up.
I sure hope that you are able to find some relief...I so understand what you are going through.

Closed Thread