It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
(female)

Shelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB User
Re: Shakiness, could it be a part of menopause?

does anyone have chest tightness, feeling like u need to take a deep breath? I have had acid reflux now for about 3 months, and at times, it feels like my stomach is soooo bloated ... esp at the top under my breast ... causes anixety which Im sure contributes to the tightness...

Old 10-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
(female)

kittylady HB User
Unhappy Re: Shakiness, could it be a part of menopause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley5716 View Post
does anyone have chest tightness, feeling like u need to take a deep breath? I have had acid reflux now for about 3 months, and at times, it feels like my stomach is soooo bloated ... esp at the top under my breast ... causes anixety which Im sure contributes to the tightness...
I sometimes have a weird feeling, like I've forgotten to breathe. Last day or so I have some burning under my breast bone, my stomach problems seem to keep evolving, they're always different. I had a very long car ride yesterday (8 hours in the car) so that probably didn't help my anxiety (extremely heavy traffic much of the way). My stomach problems have been here since early March 2012, they feel worse if I focus on them, also if I'm more stressed. Unfortunately, they cause us stress, don't they. I think I carry a lot of tension in my upper body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #18
Inactive
(female)

ma734 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley5716 View Post
Yup, I get this when I get acid reflux. Have you tried Prilosec for 14 days or 28 days. I almost guarantee that your Doc would try that first. And it can help.

Karen

Last edited by ma734; 10-09-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
(female)

sawa108 HB Usersawa108 HB User

I have been post-menopausal since 2010 and the past year I have had internal shaking. It started in my feet and I thought it may be restless leg but not sure. My doctor thought it was my blood pressure but now I am on medication and my blood pressure is under control but I still shake. What has really scared me is now I have it in my head. It only happens when I lay down in bed and try to go to sleep. I also have fibromyalgia and thought it was a symptom of that. Xanax does stop the shaking but I don't like taking it often. I am trying progesterone cream again. I took it for about two years and it worked well for hot flashes and vaginal dryness, low libido but this time it doesn't seem to be helping much and doesn't seem to stop the shakes.
I hate this. I wish I understood what is going on.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #20
Inactive
(female)

ma734 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawa108 View Post
I have been post-menopausal since 2010 and the past year I have had internal shaking. It started in my feet and I thought it may be restless leg but not sure. My doctor thought it was my blood pressure but now I am on medication and my blood pressure is under control but I still shake. What has really scared me is now I have it in my head. It only happens when I lay down in bed and try to go to sleep. I also have fibromyalgia and thought it was a symptom of that. Xanax does stop the shaking but I don't like taking it often. I am trying progesterone cream again. I took it for about two years and it worked well for hot flashes and vaginal dryness, low libido but this time it doesn't seem to be helping much and doesn't seem to stop the shakes.
I hate this. I wish I understood what is going on.
I also get this and have figured out it seems to be all hormonal. I would go talk to a doctor who specializes in hormone replacement therapy and get some testing done. I feel like my eyes are 'vibrating' sometimes :-)

Also try meditation. It really helps if you do it on a daily basis - it doesn't necessarily stop the shaking but will help with the anxiety over it.

Karen

Old 12-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #21
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User

Hi i have these shakes,there horible i tested my blood sugars last year with my mums diabetics machine and it was fine then the doctor tested it and it was fine.Then sometimes my legs hurt and burn and my leg gets tremors like a vibrating mobile phones in my leg.I woke up with the shakiness this moning and my legs have been hurting and tremoring for 2 days im due to have my period in the next couple of days im fed up of it all now.My legs are very wobbly ive just come off betablockers for blood pressure whch i suppose isnt helping.I have to say i have changed doctors and these doctors seem to be listening ive had an hormone test which i get back o tuesday so we will see

Old 12-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User

adrenalin surge, dropping sugar can be the culprit (estrogen helps with insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance) even if your gluocse test is in normal range it matters not it is how your body interprets a sudden drop (tho in normal range) that counts. your brain can pick up that sudden drop and send signals to release adreanlin (especially if your insulin levels are too high as adrenalin conteracts against insulin to get adipose to release their fats) and to get the liver to make glucose a bit faster. if your sugar is still high insulin prevents the liver from putting out gluocse if it is still insulin sensitive and hence adreanlin counter mands that too to get sugar released. constant flutuations in sugar can cause this as it sends conflicting signals of glucose availbility to the brain. this is how I understand it, not a doctor or anything. anemia will also cause this too, I was severly anemic (yet doctors ignored it) and wondered about weakness and weak in the legs and that and one doctor picked up on it and told me to take 325 mg of iron for 6 months.

Last edited by dreamer89; 12-01-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Closed Thread