It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
(female)

Ramentkae HB User
Climara Patch

Hi, I have suffered with menopause for the last 10 years. I have tried everything under the sun. My doctor just gave me a script for climara. I just found this site and read some of the post. This stuff scares me a little. Does anyone have any new experiences to share.
Thanks,
Down in Tampa

Old 09-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Climara Patch

What about it exactly "scares" you? It's just simply HRT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
(female)

Ramentkae HB User

The side effects for one .....getting Cancer.. for 2 period starting again.. the only thing I take is vitiams no health problems.. Healthy 55 year old woman no problems ever but menopause. sometimes I think taking medications can cause other health problems. I guess my attitude with health care is not so positive I think its a death care...a money making system a crutch.. I have no faith in the system.. I only go to the doctor once a year for the well woman's and I am in perfect health.. No faith...in modern medicine...But I can't seem to find anything to help with my sleep due to the heat...
Down in tampa

Old 09-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
(female)

Ramentkae HB User

What scares me.... Sorry if this post twice.. I am a nubbie I will get thang hang of it.... The side effects for one .....getting Cancer.. for 2 period starting again.. the only thing I take is vitiams no health problems.. Healthy 55 year old woman no problems ever but menopause. sometimes I think taking medications can cause other health problems. I guess my attitude with health care is not so positive I think its a death care...a money making system a crutch.. I have no faith in the system.. I only go to the doctor once a year for the well woman's and I am in perfect health.. No faith...in modern medicine...But I can't seem to find anything to help with my sleep due to the heat...
Down in tampa

Old 09-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramentkae View Post
What scares me.... Sorry if this post twice.. I am a nubbie I will get thang hang of it.... The side effects for one .....getting Cancer.. for 2 period starting again.. the only thing I take is vitiams no health problems.. Healthy 55 year old woman no problems ever but menopause. sometimes I think taking medications can cause other health problems. I guess my attitude with health care is not so positive I think its a death care...a money making system a crutch.. I have no faith in the system.. I only go to the doctor once a year for the well woman's and I am in perfect health.. No faith...in modern medicine...But I can't seem to find anything to help with my sleep due to the heat...
Down in tampa
there are so many meds that have side effects..but they also do a lot of good.. like if you were a diabetic would you refuse to take meds for that and just die in a diabetic coma..and insulin has a lot of side effects.. what about high blood pressure would you not take meds for that and they have side effects also.. I could go on and on ..I take HRT I also take thyroid meds I have a low funtioning thyroid I would not be able to function if I did not take them..so I guess we have to decide what quality of life we want.. take a chance and feel great or be miserable for years..I have on HRT for 16 years and feel great I'm 67 so I think its all about what risk you are willing to take..and it is an individual decision each of us must make..
good luck with whatever you decide..and feel free to ask any questions..

Last edited by jw90; 09-21-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
(female)

Ramentkae HB User

Jwatt,
Thanks for your feedback I guess when you put it that way it is necessary to take treatment to better the condition of your life. I think to myself that 11 out 12 things in my life are good, I should be able to live with lack of sleep due to menopause... when so many people have so many serious health problems I should be grateful. No body ever died from lack of sleep.. miserable yes.. I started taking 100mg of DHEA instead of 25mg and taking the cal/mag/zinc at night..I have had 2 good nites of sleep Yeah! I am also going to take the suggestions from this site.. of the Omega 3 blend & cod-liver oil..to see how that works..
RaMentka

Closed Thread