It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

abbylassie HB User
menopausal tremors and internal shaking

Hello all! I am new to this site, but I am very glad I found you! I have been in menopause since 2004, starting with night sweats. I am now 54, and blood tests show I am "post-menopausal". I still have horrible hot flashes, night sweats, etc. The last two years have been difficult...my mother passed away Sept 30, 2010, my dog of 17 years passed away early 2011, my daughter and family moved away in the summer of 2011, and I was diagnosed with a benign tumor on my pituitary gland in Oct 2011. The tumor was removed Feb 17th of 2012. With all of this, I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and panic attacks and given medication, which has helped. In the last 8 months, these tremors have appeared, but only for 2 weeks out of the month. I had a hysterectomy back in the early 90's for bad menstration issues. It is so comforting to know I am not alone with these tremors! Why they only happen for 2 weeks out of the month is an "unknown" for my doctor. So, I enjoy life for 2 weeks, and crawl into a hole for 2 weeks! There has to be a better way to live!! Looking forward to any comments! Thanks for listening!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
(female)

sawa108 HB Usersawa108 HB User
Re: menopausal tremors and internal shaking

I am in the same place as you only my internal shaking happens every night. I am 54 years old. I also have been thru tremendous stess since 2010 losing some family members, small business not doing well causing financial difficulties, on the verge of losing our home and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2010 with intense daily pain and chemical sensitivities. I take supplements - magnesium, calcium, B-12, Vitamin D, garlic, papaya digestive enzymes, probiotics and I use natural progesterone. I take flexeril a muscle relaxer for fibro pain and a blood pressure pill. The high blood pressure was a new symptom as well. I try to eat healthy because sugar, soda, caffeine and alcohol aggravate fibromyalgia and hot flashes. I don't have an answer about the internal shaking and it scares me and keeps me up at night. The only comfort I get is knowing there are some other people who have it. The common link seems to be menopause and/or fibromyalgia.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
(female)

abbylassie HB User
Re: menopausal tremors and internal shaking

Thank you for replying to my post! The A.M. tremors have returned, since yesterday! It's the 2 week cycle again!! I am shaking like a leaf, my stomach is all upside down and moving around, my eyes are darting back and forth, and I'm all alone! I am so sorry to hear of your predicament. I am glad, if that's a proper term, that when my tremors do happen, they don't happen at night! During the day, I can find something to do to pass the time until they stop. They seem to stop by lunch time, or early afternoon. But while I am shaking like this, I can't seem to do much of anything! Even typing this is hard right now. I can handle everything else menopause throws my way, except this shaking! The few friends I have do not experience this, but they try to help me through it! I am seeing a psychiatrist for other issues, but this shaking remains a very big part of my life!
Again, thanks for replying, and please know I'm here for you whenever you need to "talk", or just vent!
Laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawa108 View Post
I am in the same place as you only my internal shaking happens every night. I am 54 years old. I also have been thru tremendous stess since 2010 losing some family members, small business not doing well causing financial difficulties, on the verge of losing our home and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2010 with intense daily pain and chemical sensitivities. I take supplements - magnesium, calcium, B-12, Vitamin D, garlic, papaya digestive enzymes, probiotics and I use natural progesterone. I take flexeril a muscle relaxer for fibro pain and a blood pressure pill. The high blood pressure was a new symptom as well. I try to eat healthy because sugar, soda, caffeine and alcohol aggravate fibromyalgia and hot flashes. I don't have an answer about the internal shaking and it scares me and keeps me up at night. The only comfort I get is knowing there are some other people who have it. The common link seems to be menopause and/or fibromyalgia.

Closed Thread