It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
(female)

Rainn HB User
Question Natural Progesterone Creams

For the last 2 years I've had a period about every 3 months. Instead of having pms 3 to 4 days out of month and then a normal period. I have 3 to 4 weeks of severe pms. I went to my gyn who is totally against natural hormones and believes there not effective. He has prescribed me Provera 10mg that Im suppose to pick up at the pharmacy tomorrow. After reading up on them there is NO WAY Im taking it. I've heard terrible side effects from most women who have used them. I'm also very sensitive to meds so Im not taking the chance. I was wondering if anyone out there has ever used the natural creams and did they actually work? I did have my hormone levels tested and everything was fine. When I asked the nurse what my progesterone levels were she told me that they can't actually test for those but my symptoms suggest that its low. Could anyone out there give me some advice. I'm ready to switch to a new gyn and try the natural route.

Thanks,
Rainn

Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
(female)

sawa108 HB Usersawa108 HB User
Re: Natural Progesterone Creams

It is NOT true that progesterone levels can't be tested. I have had mine tested five times by blood test and saliva tests and I use natural progesterone. I am 54 and have been menopausal for over two years. My latest test showed my progesterone level to be 1 and my estrogen to be 90. I had taken a year break from the progesterone which brought my level all the way down to a 1. That is a tremendous imbalance between progesterone and estrogen which causes estrogen dominance and a whole bunch of symptoms/problems. The problem for me is when I used an over-the-counter progesterone I had good results and when I use a compounded formula from the pharmacist it seems to be too strong and gives me migraines even though the dosages were supposed to be the same. I would never ever use a hormone that wasn't bio-identical or one made from horses urine because I believe they can cause cancer. I first started on progesterone about 5 years ago when I read Suzanne Somers books on bio-identical hormones. The progesterone helps with hot flashes, night sweats, mood, gives me nicer skin, vaginal dryness and it used to work for low libido but now I have nerve damage coming from my back and I truly believe it is causing numbness in the vagina area so the progesterone isn't helping in that area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread