It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User
Anyone actually LOSING weight?

Hi,

I have had weight issues since I was about 20-21. Mostly have gained weight. When I had my son 13 years ago, I actually lost a bunch of weight and got down to my normal weight - about 120-125 and stayed there for about 2-3 years until I gained it all back again and my highest was about 190. I have been steadily losing weight over the last 3 years and am now down to 150 pounds. I am not dieting and not really even watching what I eat. I have good days and bad days to calorie intake, etc and I it has never been this easy. I am not losing fast by any means, which I know is good, but I have always had to work very hard to even lose a pound. I love it - don't get me wrong but I have seen most women on here struggling to lose or even maintain. I go through spurts - obviously. I have stayed at 150 for a few months now but I will lose 5 pounds here and there and it will stay off or go up a few and then come back off with a few more pounds.

Anyone losing during this tough time?

Old 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
(female)

didgens HB User
Re: Anyone actually LOSING weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow71 View Post
Hi,

I have had weight issues since I was about 20-21. Mostly have gained weight. When I had my son 13 years ago, I actually lost a bunch of weight and got down to my normal weight - about 120-125 and stayed there for about 2-3 years until I gained it all back again and my highest was about 190. I have been steadily losing weight over the last 3 years and am now down to 150 pounds. I am not dieting and not really even watching what I eat. I have good days and bad days to calorie intake, etc and I it has never been this easy. I am not losing fast by any means, which I know is good, but I have always had to work very hard to even lose a pound. I love it - don't get me wrong but I have seen most women on here struggling to lose or even maintain. I go through spurts - obviously. I have stayed at 150 for a few months now but I will lose 5 pounds here and there and it will stay off or go up a few and then come back off with a few more pounds.

Anyone losing during this tough time?
well .. i started Jenny Craig a week and a half ago and have lost 4.6 lbs. otherwise i was just going to continue growing and growing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User

Good for you girl! Keep it up!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User

Hi Willow,

While I've never had a weight problem, I have noticed that I've been dropping weight here and there. I'll notice one month, my jeans are tighter than normal while the next month, they're loose.

I've heard of others that have complained of weight gain and my heart goes out to them. My weight ranges from 115-125lbs, the same as high school. I can't and won't complain.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

workinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB User

I had a hysterectomy in December. Over 2 month recovery I lost apx 12 lbs.

I wonder if taking hormones causes the weight gain or inability to lose weight? I am not taking anything and wonder if.that is why I have lost it?
Arthritis
Herniations
Spurs

Old 10-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
(female)

kittylady HB User

I found out on the weekend I lost more weight, but I did not really want to lose any more. I lost 40 pounds since February, (acid reflux followed by panic and loss of appetite).

I have been watching my diet ever since last winter, and I was told not to drink until I had test results. I have had a negative endoscopy, sounds like my abdominal CT scan is probably okay too, but I have to get together with the gastroenterologist for details. So it would have been pretty hard for me not to lose weight, since my diet changed so much. I know I was eating a lot of high fat food, and drinking more than was good for me. I'm drinking a little bit now, not much. A few beers once a week, or a few glasses of red wine, doesn't seem to be causing me any gastric distress so far.

What worries me is that weight loss was supposed to be good for acid reflux. I don't think it has helped much. I know I had acid problems sporadically in the past, but late last winter it got much, much worse. Still don't know why, I suspect perimenopause, since digestive problems are so widespread among us, but I don't know for sure. I get some upper back pain, usually under the shoulder blades, under my ribs, doesn't radiate, exactly, since it always seems to be in the back.

I wonder about the state of my gall bladder, since I know rapid weight loss can cause gallstones. But the pain in my back definitely moves around. As far as I can tell so far, it seems to be acid reflux. I wish it would go. Maybe my gastroenterologist will want more tests.

I was feeling fine until this past winter. I think I would have preferred to be heavier if I could keep feeling good...

Closed Thread