It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

Karrin C HB User
Angry Oh Lordy I am SO hot

Yeah it's a line from a commercial - but right now it so fits. I need to know - Is there such a thing as sudden (and I mean sudden) onset menopause?!

My issue started last weds - I honestly thought I had gotten the flu.
My hubs mentioned what I am going through to his Mom who used to be a nurse, so she told Jeff who told me today. FLOORED! But after checking my period calender and realizing at 50 I am 3 weeks late (I am never late - always been 28 days) I started to wonder. Let me tell ya - this blows!! EVERY hour on the hour I am sweating - like dripping wet. All day, all night. Sleep? Nope I haven't gotten much in the past almost week. I am about to go insane - can't sleep, feel like crap, sweating like a pig (no offense piggies). So can this happen out of the blue?! One day you are fine and the next you are in menopause hell?! Agh! I'd rather have my period and the cramps - and if that does happen will this subside? (yeah I know but one can hope.....).

The following user gives a hug of support to Karrin C:
wildtexspirit (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
(female)

wildtexspirit HB User
Re: Oh Lordy I am SO hot

hey there and welcome to menopause. Should I get some chairs? lol Yes this is normal. But how old are you? I am 43 now and in a couple months I'll be 44 and so not lookin forward to it at all. When I turned 40 I started my menopause off with a bang. Had serious heart palpitations. Even rushed myself to the hospital alone. Now I am in the hot flash stage and man has it sucked. no one not even my dogs will be near me for long. :P Sometimes I close my bedroom door and lock it. Ripping off all my cloths to stand in front of my fan. My son keeps our ac at 60 all the time cause ..I think he is part Polar bear. ^.^

But to your question? Yes it is normal. But remember to not let your body heat itself up to hot. Thats why you should wear cotton layers and also keep a fan on or nearby to help cool you down. Hear about the little hand fans . My daughter grabbed mine and broke it. lol So my big fan does best anyways. :P I am starting to try something new and hopping it works for all my problems . But does help a little on the hot flashes. I posted a thread on it if you want to see so far what it helped. Not much but I did just start using it yesterday. Magnesium also helps. I used that for 2 years. But now I am off it or trying to see if I can stay off magnesium. Seems now I have more palpitations when i take it . I started taking magnesium to stop the palpitation and it worked great for 2 whole great great years . lol helped with the hot flashes and mood swings that my kids were hating. lol Magnesium is a great thing but now. it hates me. lol Hugs hun. Hope all works or will work out for you. <3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
(female)

Karrin C HB User

So I am not going insane - yay! *lol*. I just turned 50 in July - so while it was 'expected' at some point, it was not EXPECTED like *poof* HI Menopause here! *sigh* I have however started taking Mag however tho, and got some Estroven. It helps reduce but nights are the worst but what can ya do? I am wondering if all the stress I have been going through since I got bucked off my Thoroughbred in August and fracturing my lower back and having hematoma surgery also helped things along - wouldn't surprise me. Funny thing is, I was always kind of looking forward to this - you know, no more tampons, accidents while working cows, cramps, PMS, the usual - but now I am thinking that was the easy stuff *lol*. Moving from the Mother aspect to the Crone is a bit more disturbing than I anticipated.

Karrin

Old 10-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
(female)

Karrin C HB User
Question Re: Oh Lordy I am SO hot

So I am not going insane - yay! *lol*. I just turned 50 in July - so while it was 'expected' at some point, it was not EXPECTED like *poof* HI Menopause here! *sigh* I have however started taking Mag however tho, and got some Estroven. It helps reduce but nights are the worst but what can ya do? I am wondering if all the stress I have been going through since I got bucked off my Thoroughbred in August and fracturing my lower back and having hematoma surgery also helped things along - wouldn't surprise me. Funny thing is, I was always kind of looking forward to this - you know, no more tampons, accidents while working cows, cramps, PMS, the usual - but now I am thinking that was the easy stuff *lol*. Moving from the Mother aspect to the Crone is a bit more disturbing than I anticipated.

Karrin

Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
(female)

wildtexspirit HB User

I like how you put it. ^.^ I giggled a bit. Yes! I would take the problems I had before all this hormonal changes. lol I am glad your doing well on the magnesium. I used it for 2 whole years. But like I have said,I had to get off them for a bit because of my tightness in my head. But be carful when and if you decided to get off magnesium. I found that it is not much different than other blood meds like heart meds. It opens the vessels and makes thing easier on the heart and all. So when you start to get off of it don't do like I did and just Stop. lol You need to go slowly off it just like anything else. When I did it I started having problems doing things that might make my heart have to pump faster. Causing it to be harder for the blood to pump threw the smaller vessels. Making your heart beats much harder and scare you . Don't worry about it cause it is just your heart isn't use to the pressure of the adrenalin. So you have to get your heart use to it again. wow how I scared myself thinking I was having a heart attack when it was just I need to let my heart get time to get use to it. ^.^ (btw) when I was young I use to break horses and was taught by my brother how to land so guess I was lucky not to have problems with my back. Just a deteriorating vertebrae. The doctors told me that was due to the fact they gave me epidurals. I have 2 teens and I had 1 miscarriage. But yep your dealing with our nice new mother nature Friend's sister. ^.^ And she is a meanie and man is she rude. (giggle)

Old 10-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hi, I'm trying to remember when mine started its been so dang long. I would say 2004 maybe? I'm 56 now. I started missing my period around then too. that was the best part. One thing that works for me is a remote control tower fan I keep in the bedroom. Have a flash, click its on. its over, click its off. better than waking up soaking wet, freezing later. oh yeah another good trick is when you're grocern shopping is sticking ur head in the freezer section when one comes on ....ahhh...so good.

when did you hurt your back? I'm asking because pain meds will make you have sweats. so if that's pretty recent that could be it too.

My hubby sleep in the other room and I got him a electric blanket so I can keep it freezing at night too. gotta do something.

good luck, Cathy

The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
wildtexspirit (10-03-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
(female)

wildtexspirit HB User

@no34evr ^.^ in the freezer huh? hehehe well I know about the fan much too well. But mine just stays on. I place blankets on the bed and a few more cloths. ^.^ My son like it really cold in the house. I call him my Polar Bear. hehehe But if I get a little hot? I peel off either my hoodie or just lock my bedroom door and peel off some clothes and stand in front of the fan. Also a tiny mister fan? wow those are great but due make me a bit wetter and being cold in the house don't need to catch a cold or something. I started threw mine at about 35 -36 not for sure on exact year but I remember it was around when my mother passed away.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

so sorry to hear about your mom, that was one thing I was going to mention, you can kind of go by your sisters and mom as to when they started going thru things too. that helps. Cathy

Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
(female)

wildtexspirit HB User

Yes it did help but the hardest is that my mother past away in 04 and my sister is out of reach. Besides I have been able to handle things better than her so far from where she is right now. :/ But I try so hard to remember the things my mom went threw. Some days I can remember but others I can't. Menopause has even taken some of my memory.
Trisha

Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
(female)

Karrin C HB User

Yeah well Titan is a good 17.3 hands and the flight up then down was about 8.5 feet and the depression my *** landed in didn't help. BUT I got up, didn't cry and walked him back to the trailer. Found out 2 weeks later about the fracture when I had the surgery to take the 12 oz clot out of my behind. Fun times *lol*.

Yeah I am thinking Meno is the more evil of the twins ; ). And to think: all this because Adam couldn't go get his own snack! :-P

Wow really? Epidurals would do that?? Rather scary thought!

Karrin

Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
(female)

wildtexspirit HB User

yeah thats what they told me. I was shocked as well. But I had an accident not long after my mother died. So I had to go to a doctor and also therapy for the back pains. Thats when they did my first MRI and found the problem and told me that the accident just made it come to my attention. :/ I think it was the accident and they didn't want to pay up so they pushed it off on the epa. also funny you said that about Adam and Eve. lol I just told my ex that to me it isn't fair we get punished for something that Adam had a mind to decide over. lol whole funny story behind that to. lol

Closed Thread