It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Unhappy OH God, Please help me!!!! 45 and don't know what to do.

Hi Ladies.

I so much need your help OR advise. I am 45 soon to be 46 and been having terrible PMDD problems for years!!!!!!!!

First, I had blood work done and not perm (SO) they say, I don't believe it. My periods are pretty much stilll normal, maybe a few days off, very heavy at first, and the pain is aweful. I also have Endro.

Many years back I was on BC to help ease the pain, but been off them for years. I am afraid oh which decision to make. My OBGYN says have a (FULL) Hystro. I know menapause is going to come, but not ready to cross that bridge yet....... I just can't bare the pain monthly and mood swings. I have taken every OTD Pain medication available, only I take too much advil, etc, and it eats my stomach up.

DO I have any other options??????????

Besides that I have depression and taking a low dose of Lexapro, and dealing with a mother that is going through Dementia, and that in itself is killing me........I love here so much and to see a beaufuil woman slow go, has taken a toll on me........I am trying to be storog. But need to think about what to do about my situtation soon. I am not of corse going to have kids, and don't know if any other options are available? All OB's seem like they want to just do a Hystro. on you, and I am scared to death.

Anyone and everyone ..............PLEASE HELP ME..........NOW.

God Bless.
D

Last edited by himmylover; 10-04-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: OH God, Please help me!!!! 45 and don't know what to do.

Anyone , please. I just don't know what to do..........I need some advise..........And if u did have a hysto. Did you feel much better?

Thank you..........

Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
(female)

jwatt HB Userjwatt HB Userjwatt HB User

Himmylover

because you are having so much to deal with right with your mother why don't you go on a low dose BCP for a few months and see if that calms down the symptoms..I'm on HRT and have been for years because I believe that your quality of life is so important. and it out weights the risks..because in the long run you end up taking all kinda meds that have side effects..

Old 10-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
(female)

Himmylover

hope this helps

Last edited by jwatt; 10-07-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

There are meds, including BCP, that can stop your periods altogether and they level out the mood swings too. I would opt for that. The pain with periods is from the endo, and you can either go on BCP continuously so periods stop, or go on another med like progesterone that stops your periods. PMDD is often caused by a deficiency of natural progesterone and there are creams and suppositories that can be used for that as well. I would continue the antidepressant and even consider going up on the dose, as that can help PMDD too. I would talk to your GYN and ask to treat this medically for time being since you are close to menopausal age and really not wanting surgery right now.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gob bless.

Finally some anwsers NOW just finding the right bcp to help is going to be the hard part. And good idea about the doseage of the AD.

Anyone know of a good bcp with low side effects

THANK YOU ALLLLLLLL.................AND thinking of my mom too. I love her to pieces. who said life was full of roses

god bless.........and thank you.......again

Old 10-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #7
(female)

make an appointment with a obgyn and they will go over the bcp pills that are low dose and there are many to choose from and she will give you advice on what is best..

The Following User Says Thank You to jwatt For This Useful Post:
himmylover (10-07-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

thank you so much. I am going to call tomorrow. I know I need something.

Closed Thread