It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

lljohnson75 HB User
Perimenopause Symtoms

Ok, I have been having some strange happenings lately. If I didn't know better I would swear I was pregnant but I had a tubal ligation 14 years and I am 36 now so I really do not think that would be the case.

Since the beginning of this year I have had irregular periods. Sometimes they would come every two weeks and sometimes normally until last month (September). Prior to this year my periods have always been regular. Anyway, last month I got the usual PMS symptoms, sore breasts, water retention, and so on. Instead of starting my period I just spotted, however, I had full blown cramps as usual. I spotted for two days and then nothing for 3 or 4 days and then spotted again and nothing since. Based on my cycle I should have started around September 30th but didn't and even when periods were every two weeks, when the straightened out, I was never late.

Also, I have been having hot flashes lately and getting up at all hours of the night running back and forth to the bathroom. I have had mood swings, depression, nausea, and night sweats. Also my face is red constantly. I am having sore breasts again only this time it is MUCH worse than my normal PMS.

What really has me freaked out is that 3 days ago I noticed that I have blue veins that have appeared all across my chest down my breasts and nipples. I can see them in my hips, around my knees, ankles, feet and arms. The veins in my chest are the worst. It appears that I have become a road map.

So my question is....
Could any of this be related to perimenopause?

I appreciate any advice anyone may have on this craziness I have been experiencing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Re: Perimenopause Symtoms

The only thing I can think of that might cause the visible veins is the fluctuation in estrogen and progesterone. Estrogen keeps the skin firm and elastic. As it fluctuates up and down, our skin and collagen production decreases leaving skin thin. That's why the skin around our eyes as we age gets so papery thin and maybe dark discoloration under the eyes appear. The skin thins so blood and veins are more visible.

I remember being veiny like that on my breasts when I was pregnant - so it definitely could be hormone related. If it doesn't let up after awhile as your body adjusts to the hormone fluctuation, maybe you should get checked just in case.

So many bizarre things to have to figure out and deal with during the perimeno stuff.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
(female)

wildtexspirit HB User
Exclamation Re: Perimenopause Symtoms

yes I have those viens on my chest as well and on other parts of my body.

Last edited by wildtexspirit; 10-05-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: wrong thread for my comment.

Closed Thread

Tags
perimenopause symptoms