It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
(female)

xoxosammii HB User
Possible Menopause at 21!?

I'm 21 years old, and I have a 14 month old son. Up until I got pregnant, I had pretty normal periods. When I went to have my son, there was some complications and I had to have a C-section. Afterwards, I bled out while in recovery and I lost a lot of blood. I've not had a period or any sign of a period since this occurred. I have cramps all the time and I hurt..I'm just wondering if anyone has any input on what I could be going through..? Will my periods come back, or have I hit menopause? My gyno doesn't really seem to know what's going on. TIA!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Possible Menopause at 21!?

QUOTE=xoxosammii;5073044]I'm 21 years old, and I have a 14 month old son. Up until I got pregnant, I had pretty normal periods. When I went to have my son, there was some complications and I had to have a C-section. Afterwards, I bled out while in recovery and I lost a lot of blood. I've not had a period or any sign of a period since this occurred. I have cramps all the time and I hurt..I'm just wondering if anyone has any input on what I could be going through..? Will my periods come back, or have I hit menopause? My gyno doesn't really seem to know what's going on. TIA![/QUOTE]

Hi, are you breatfeeding? That could make your periods stop. Inhave seen alot of ob/gyn's that dont know how to interpret hormone testd, so they dont order them. Alot of hormone difficulties after giving birth. Highly doubt menopause, dont you? In my opinion, i think you should see a reproductional endocrinologist. I dont know where you live, but look @ listings for neatest 'big' medical center. God bless you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
(female)

kittylady HB User

Hello,

If you haven't had a full blood test (CBC), it might be a good idea to get one. I wonder whether you could have developed thyroid issues (fairly common after giving birth), or whether you could have developed anemia as a result of blood loss during the delivery. It's definitely worth checking out if you haven't had one recently...

Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
(female)

xoxosammii HB User

No, I'm not breastfeeding. I was never given the option too. Idk if I doubt it's menopause or not, I've considered many options now. I just feel that I'm too young to not have a period. Even though I don't enjoy them, I should still be having them. I had never considered that I may have become anemic due to so much blood loss, that hadn't ever crossed my mind. They had to give me 2 units of blood, so I assumed all that mess was taken care of. Hmm..

Old 10-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
(female)

kittylady HB User

Even 30 would be too young for menopause, let alone 21, if your periods have stopped it is probably due to some hormonal disruption, but I don't think menopause would be possible, personally. I went longer than a year without having a period when I was young, but not due to any postpartum issues. Mine were probably just hormonal problems. My periods eventually starting becoming monthly. Not 28 day monthly, but monthly anyway. I hope a blood test gives you an answer. Sometimes the system will return to normal slowly, by itself, but it's best to look for the answer by first getting the blood test.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
(female)

xoxosammii HB User

Yeah, I plan on going back and having some tests run to see if anyone can figure anything out. I'm just hoping it can all be fixed. Guess we'll see.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Are you on birth control pills? Some people dont have periods on them( esp if too strong) Please dont take offense just considering everything. Have you done a pregnancy test? Are you bulemic or anorexic? Is there any possibilty that when you hemorrhaged that they removed your uterus? This is sometimes done to save your life and they may have told you but when you were too very sick to remember? I dont want to appear rude but at least think we should consider every possibility. See, menopause is not just cessation of your period. Many symptoms. Also, if you are not ovulating you may not have a period. Hope you can get to dr to find out soon.

Last edited by gmak; 10-16-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
(female)

xoxosammii HB User

No, I'm not on birth control, haven't been for many years. Not pregnant. Not anorexic or bulemic. The dr who done my surgery said that they may have to remove my uteris, but they never told me if they had or not. I was thinking that as a possibility as well. But, wouldn't they have been obligated to tell me or someone with me that they had in fact removed it? Which they didn't tell us they did, because I had someone at my side 24/7.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Of course then they would have told you. You or your family would have probably had to sign a surgical permit. I would ask if the lining of the uterus could have been damaged. Alot of drs take blood tests to check hormone levels but dont really know how to interpret them. If you dont get to the bottom of it see an endocrinologist.Thanks for being so understanding of my i nquisitive questions. I really wanted to help you. P.s. after thinking awhile longer maybe that was his(the dr) way of telling you. That he may have to take it out. Then never mentioned it again because he thought it would be too painful,or he thought someone else told you, or scared of lawsuit, or was just glad he saved your baby & yourself, or chicken.

Last edited by gmak; 10-16-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: add a p.s.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
(female)

xoxosammii HB User

I'm very glad you asked questions, it's helped me alot. I don't really know about the dr, I'm thinking that it was a "chicken" way of telling me, "hey, we're gonna take your lady parts out, and this is all that's gonna be mentioned of it." I'm definitely going to have everything looked into, because if that's what has happened, they're definitely in the wrong for not telling me, or at least my family they were planning on going through with that plan. Thanks so much for your help!

Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

You are most welcome, sweetie. I hope that didnt happen. I will be praying for this to turn out good for your whole family, i will remember too. And anytime you need anything you let me know and i will try to help you. Let me know how you are. Remember most things turn out good in the end.

Closed Thread