It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User
is this the menopause

Hi i wonder if anyone can help or has anything like my symptoms.2 years ago i became very shaky and stopped leaving the house.Im on beta blockers(atenolol) for blood pressure.My feet are burning and my legs throbbing and my doctor wouldnt listen about my shakiness.I swapped doctors and they have reduced my atenolol from 50mg to 25mg.But the more i read the menopause boards the more im beginning to wonder.My periods have being every 28 days since i was a teenager and now for the last 7 months they have been every 24 days im now 45.If i think i have to go out i just start to shake my legs shake i feel like im going to pass out.When my period is due i itch all under my skin.Im freezing at night time.My legs really hurt im not hungry when its my period Im fed up now i feel like im trapped my husband has to do all the shopping i just want to be normal again.I shake uncontrolable and my legs feel really heavy like they wont move.Has anyone else had this thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Re: is this the menopause

Out of curiosity's sake, have you ever looked up the side effects of atenolol? You seem to have quite a few of them. (unless they truly are menopause-related)

Has your physician checked your hormone levels? I'm 45 as well and am menopausal.

Unfortunately, I have no answers for you, but thought I'd mention the atenolol/side effects as something to look into.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #3
(female)

Changingflower HB User

Hi cathy,

I am 45 and feel for you. I think you are edging towards menopause. I also have weird symptoms that I never experience until 4 years ago. My periods were always 28 days now they can be anywhere between day 25 to 29. I get aching legs (and aches all over sometimes), itchy skin, nervous tension, anxiety just to name a few. From what I have read and heard from others we all share some or all of these symptoms that seem to develop from nowhere and won't go away. Have you spoken to your doctor about how you feel?

Last edited by Administrator; 12-16-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 AM   #4
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User

Hi cheryl do you know anything about atenolol because ive been trying to find out for ages now i think it could be these thats having an effect on me and my new doctor has reduced the dose from 50mg to 25mg i seem to be shaking more that ever especially on a morning i get up at 7 and take them at 10 so i dont know if thats anything to go by.My feet are proper burning hurting throbbing and red i cant stand up for long as my legs seem weak very weak i just cant go about my everyday life.Im trying to elliminate things myself because i seem to be trying to tell the doctor everything at once and i think its all too much for him to take in he just keeps looking at me he put me on sertaline anxiety tablets last week to take me off the anenolol but i was even worse

Closed Thread