It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

menopausemisery HB User
Thought I was alone...

Until I found this site, and read some of the posts, and realized that a lot of women are going through the same thing that I am.
I am 46 years old, and I feel like I've been beaten down. I am sick constantly (sick at my stomach), I have no energy, I don't want to get out of bed in the morning. My whole body aches, and that's to name a few.
I was beginning to think that I was crazy (yeah, I might be a little crazy, but not like this...lol). I have always been an energetic person...to the point that my husband would complain that I never sat still. Now, it's a struggle to get up and accomplish anything. It's debilitating (sp).
I've been on an HRT...but, it doesn't help at all. I tell my doctor about my symptoms and the response was...maybe you should see a counselor or psychiatrist?? - No wonder I was feeling crazy.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
(female)

dreamcatcher11 HB Userdreamcatcher11 HB Userdreamcatcher11 HB User
Re: Thought I was alone...

Hello, menopausemisery: I know what you mean about feeling crazy. It's like no one believes that what you are feeling is real. Very much like being treated like a crazy person!! I just called in sick to work because I was so exhausted and had a terrible backache and my heart was beating strangely yesterday. Not only is this costing me my social life and my sanity but it is also costing me money with all the work I keep missing.

I don't know much about HRT but have you tried different kinds? There is something called bioidentical hormone replacement. There are also lots of herbal remedies you can try although there's not a lot of evidence they really work. Eating soy is supposed to help. I've been making sure to eat healthy, drink tons of water and get lots of sleep. I do yoga and go for a brisk walk when I am up to it. They say you should exercise 30 minutes every day! Yeah, right! You may also want to get your adrenal function tested as I heard this too can cause exhaustion and crashing fatigue. Hang in there, sister! THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!

Last edited by dreamcatcher11; 10-24-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User
Re: Thought I was alone...

I'm 50, vegan (since 1999) and so far have had very few symtoms from menopause. A year ago I had mild night sweats for a few weeks and I did have terrible insomnia from ages 46 - 49, but I was going through quite a bit of emotional stuff, so I'm not sure I can blame it all on menopause.

I do eat a lot of soy. I love tofu.

Have you ever considered going vegetarian/vegan? It might help.

For sleep, melatonin was what saved me. I still take it once or twice a week.

Closed Thread