It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
(female)

mentalpause HB User
Unhappy peri-menopause hell

i am new to this sight today. i am 49 and have been living a nightmare for the past year and a half. i keep chaulking it up to peri-menapause, but how can there be so may different symptoms.......gi problems, reflux, noisey gi. Changed eating habbits, no dairy, no pork, no caffine. anxiety, gitters, tingling, feeling like your body is humming from the inside, insomnia, hot flashes, rapid pulse, nerve twitches, brain fog, agitation, mood swings (happy sad angry cranky). some days i feel great others days i think i am going crazy. just wish i could feel good every day. I haven't had many regualar cycles in the past year or 2, but when i have a regular one i seem to feel better for longer periods of time. Saw my doctor a few times he gave me prevacid for stomach but it just makes it worse. game me bisoprolol for rapid pulse but make me feel awful cant take it. have ativan for when anxiety strikes but hate to have to rely on it. Please tell me that someone else out there knows where i am coming from and have found something that helps

Last edited by mentalpause; 10-26-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
(female)

Mairwyn HB User
Re: peri-menopause hell

Hey there. I don't know about advice darling but some women do suffer badly going through this change. It is a very big change to a woman honey. I am at the start of mine and I think I had my first hot flush today and and I woke up feeling terrible. Edgy, jittery and I am already on Lexapro for depression and panic attacks Just know that there are many like you out there and we all share the same pain honey.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mairwyn For This Useful Post:
florida31 (11-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Are you on birth control? If so, maybe a change in formulation. If not, then try it. Adjusting my bcp helped when I was in peri and before I went on HRT/

Old 10-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
(female)

mentalpause HB User

thanks for replying. no i am not on anything at all. have ativan for anxiety but hate to use it although it does help. do you think birth control pills will help with some of these symptoms, or will they only put my cycle back on track. although it may make a difference if i have a regular cycle.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
(female)

Mairwyn HB User

I feel so bad for women that have been putting up with nasty irregular cycles for ages. I am on my first rotten cycle and it is doing my head in. I am basically getting two periods in one. I had my first one, then continued bleeding/spotting then it started up again. Clearly the bleeding/spotting was the uterus building up again for another go. By the end of this, it would have been a 3 week period. I have to be honest here, if this is what is going to happen, I think I would prefer to go on the pill or something to regulate them again because this is totally insane. I have had regular periods for 30+ years and to suddenly NOT be able to go by my cycle is going to be a situation that I don't want to second guess.

Oh and I had my first hot flush yesterday. Mild but it was one nonetheless. I was sitting in a very nice cool breeze (it was NOT a hot day) and I was hot. I could feel my body temp higher than the breeze.

Ugh

The Following User Says Thank You to Mairwyn For This Useful Post:
Worrybucket (10-28-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I don't know if bcp will help you or not but if your problem is peri, then it's hormonal and adjusting your hormones should help. As for myself, two weeks after I went on a different bcp, EVERY symptom was gone. And hasn't come back - and that was 16-17 years ago. Went on HRT about 9 years ago. Am 66 now and wouldn't dare consider going off HRT.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Apart from the irregular periods this post sounds like it could be written for me.

This month my boobs have been heavy and sore every single day. No relief when period came at all, now I'm back at mid cycle and they are hurting even more. It's both breasts, it's horrible. Is this hormone related.?

The following user gives a hug of support to Worrybucket:
Mairwyn (10-28-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #8
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User
Unhappy Re: peri-menopause hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mairwyn View Post
i feel so bad for women that have been putting up with nasty irregular cycles for ages. I am on my first rotten cycle and it is doing my head in. I am basically getting two periods in one. I had my first one, then continued bleeding/spotting then it started up again. Clearly the bleeding/spotting was the uterus building up again for another go. By the end of this, it would have been a 3 week period. I have to be honest here, if this is what is going to happen, i think i would prefer to go on the pill or something to regulate them again because this is totally insane. I have had regular periods for 30+ years and to suddenly not be able to go by my cycle is going to be a situation that i don't want to second guess.

Oh and i had my first hot flush yesterday. Mild but it was one nonetheless. I was sitting in a very nice cool breeze (it was not a hot day) and i was hot. I could feel my body temp higher than the breeze.

Ugh
being a women isnt easy and i can relate too everyones symptomsi too are having a difficult time with all this and now i found out i have internal hemmorroids has anyone had this problem

Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
(female)

Mairwyn HB User

Can't say that I have had the problem Greeneyez...sorry

I had blood test results come back and I am indeed Peri!
I'm over the moon tbh

Old 11-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #10
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairwyn View Post
Can't say that I have had the problem Greeneyez...sorry

I had blood test results come back and I am indeed Peri!
I'm over the moon tbh
glad your not going thru those they are aweful..how about digestive problems or loss of appettitie.i have had a solid bm in almost 3 weeks my stomach is always uncomfortable and i get gas or belch very umcomfortable

Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
(female)

florida31 HB Userflorida31 HB User

Hi there
Well I have to say I too think I am per menopausal ,at the ripe old age of 42 !
For the last year my periods have been irregular with the very odd month when one turns up on time,I feel ill most of the time and for me its worse when it arrives and worse than they were before,have no idea what to do and the constant headaches drive me mad along with all the other stuff,its a shame there isn't more people on this thread to help.

The Following User Says Thank You to florida31 For This Useful Post:
Laye (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
(female)

dreamcatcher11 HB Userdreamcatcher11 HB Userdreamcatcher11 HB User

florida31: I am in the same boat as you. 41 and don't know what to do. I am doing everything I can to lead a healthy lifestyle; eating well, sleeping lots, drinking tons of water, cutting out caffeine and alcohol, doing yoga...and I am on HRT. I have been feeling a little better this month but I am dreading getting my period next week since my last few periods have been hellish. I think I am starting to feel defeated. I just feel sad... Unfortunately, no one really talks about menopause and even doctors seem to know little. There must be a least some good doctors out there. All I can tell you is keep looking and don't give up!

The Following User Says Thank You to dreamcatcher11 For This Useful Post:
florida31 (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #13
(female)

Hi
Thanks for your response,its helpful to know its not me going mad ,as feel like i always feel unwell ,just feels too young but definitely something going on as periods have been irregular for the last year.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

I have not had a period since October 6th. I keep waiting..feel like I'm going to get it..cramping..back pain..but still nothing. It's driving me crazy!! I hate this so much. I'm hoping I'm finally done so I can at least move on and hopefully feel better.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #15
(female)

Well its not good and I skipped one month completely ! so I'm afraid I wouldn't hold you breath for hoping its all done,although the thought of that would be lovely,this months one was 3 weeks late for me and went on for 9 days and felt rubbish the whole time ,thinking this is going to go on for years fills me with dread .

Closed Thread