It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
(female)

tracytheone HB User
Re: Does Anybody feel like this...

hi crazy i have that aswell, wake up nearly everynight between 3 and 5 and lie there worrying about nothing and takes ages to get back to sleep had it about a year on and off xx

The following user gives a hug of support to tracytheone:
CrazyLife414 (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

Hi Tracy...It makes me so angry. The practical part of me tries to stop me and let me go back to sleep and the "crazy" part of me just lies there and wonders what terrible disease I have. I had blood work done Thurs and now I just sit and wait for results..it is an anxiety attack waiting to happen!

Well Tracy..take care of yourself and have a good weekend!!
I hope you get some sleep!
My promise is that if I can get some "relief" I will share whatever it is that helps me!!

Hugs
b.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
(female)

tracytheone HB User

well we arent all going nuts we just cant help it!, there should be more done and research for the menapause and peri menapause , its shamefull what we have to go through and it is just tossed to one side. in in the uk not sure where all you other ladies are from but its v bad here as my sisters had all sorts of tests etc and has been fobbed off and shes 50. i dont want to take drugs tablets etc but more than anything its the independence thing, because you feel to ill faint or dizzy to drive far, so you have to rely to a point on your partner, esp if you cant stand them xx

Old 12-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

Tracy..it is funny that you bring up the research.. I just told my Sister that I am going to write a book about all of the things that nobody has ever told us. So many of my friends have said the same thing..if they just knew about some of this stuff. My Mom has dementia plus she had a hysterectomy when she was 30, so I can't even ask her questions.
Take Care!
b.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #20
(female)

tracytheone HB User

yes thats a good idea!, i found out stuff of my older sister but theres nothing out there as far as i know only on the internet and you have to find most of it out for yourself. i think its such a awfull thing for a woman to go through maybe thats why they keep it quiet!. some of us women go through hell with it before it even starts properly. xx

Old 04-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #21
(female)

lovelife101 HB User

I am 52. I am relieved to find this site in answer to wondering if I am alone with this painful 'nerve pain' I have experiencing recently. The pain shoots through my entire body including face. it is so quick and sharp. I have been concerned of it being nerve damage but realise the pain correlates with the stepping up of hot flushes lately. I too have been so full of worry and concern especially in the night, that something is ominously bad. I try to dispel these thoughts as I don't want to attract it to myself. My left leg and knee have been causing long term pain in the night. nothing showing on medical tests either. I am about to trial BUSH FLOWER as an alternative as not wanting to try HRT. I hear bad things about all the options available in medicine alternative treatments and consequently have taken nothing. The hot flushes are advancing to a painful experience throughout my body as well as uncomfortable. Any news out there of a new answer to this?

Old 04-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #22
(female)

jusjamgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLife414 View Post
Hi Cathy..My blood tests were all "within normal levels" and "inconclusive".. basically I take that as "I don't know what to do with you"...
Today has been a little better, stomach trouble all day, but I think it has something to do with my anxiety.
My problems are worse in the mornings, but I also have a trouble time in the late afternoon too. Last night I woke up and could not get back to sleep, which makes every other issue worse because I am tired!

I hope you feel better soon!
b
I too gets up every morning with my body shaking and at times even afraid to take a shower without anyone being around. I am unable to stand for too long without becoming dizzy and lightheaded. I am presently experiencing palpitations mostly at nights, and if I wake up during my sleep, sometimes unable to go back to bed. I am also experiencing anxiety, aches and pain and at times just start crying. I am also having weird and strange feelings in my body. At times I can hardly catch my breath. My doctor told me that he cannot do anything about it and that it is just my hormones fluctuating. He said that it will kick back in at some time. I stay in bed most of the time and is unable function properly. My symptoms are worst in the mornings and I always wonder why this is so. I am 49 years old and is wondering when will this ends.

Last edited by jusjamgirl; 04-12-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: To add some more information

Old 04-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

jusjamgirl - Some of your symptoms (dizziness, shortness of breath, palpitations) can also be caused by iron deficiency anemia. Are you having or recently had heavy or prolonged periods? If not, then it's probably just the hormonal changes. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Old 04-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #24
(female)

nuttylady HB User

Hello STLouisgal and All others,
It seems as if we are all feeling similar symptoms. I'm not "happy" that others are going through the same thing as I am but, it makes me feel better that I'm not alone and going crazy. I am 46 and had a hysterectomy at 37 because of a large amount of fibroids. I don't have the menstrual "clues" and can only base peri/meno on my symptoms. Here are my symptoms:
-light head but heavy feeling as well (so difficult to explain) foggy head?
-dizzy as if I need to sit or hold on to something for balance
-headaches, never really had them as an adult
-feeling a surge of energy go right up my body (this one freaks me out) electricity like sensation and I've also felt the opposite, a sudden suction of energy where I feel I may pass out
-a surge of heat from chest up...just heat, not sweat or chills (that hasn't hit me YET)
-head is so foggy almost feels like the feeling of ears clogged up but in the head (out of body feeling as well)
-the worst anxiety about health that I've ever experienced before...I believe that almost everything is wrong with me. I'm going back and forth to Dr. for tests on almost every pain in my body
-stomach issues, taking Nexium for GERD
-right side rib pain
-tingly hands and feet and experienced creepy, crawly sensation under my skin
-short tempered and can't deal with nonsense, and then I feel guilty and anxious
-felt the inner tremor, not too often, but I have felt it a few times
-faster heart palpitations
-and then the breathing thing when anxiety hits....I feel like I can't take a deep comfortable breath. It feels like I can't take a deep comfortable yawn etc. I am doing better with this as I have read others on different posts and try to relax, count when I breathe in and out...ugh the stress!!!
I hope all you ladies can get through this with as little stress as possible and remember that we're not alone. xoxo

Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #25
(female)

mountainsky HB User

I'm so sorry to read about all the pain and misery everyone is going through. I am almost 50 and The biggest problem I am having is anxiety and back pain like you wouldn't believe! Does anyone else have back pain? The thing that helps me sleep is laying on top of a heated blanket (I know heat is a bad word here) to relax my back enough so that I can sleep. I am now day 35 since my last period which is kind of freaking me out because I've never skipped a period before and yet I have the breast (nipple) tenderness. Whats wrong with me? I can't find out anything from family so not only am I new at this, I'm on my own too. I hope you all feel better soon and if you don't like what your Dr says, find another because one protical doesn't fit all.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #26
(female)

jojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsky View Post
I'm so sorry to read about all the pain and misery everyone is going through. I am almost 50 and The biggest problem I am having is anxiety and back pain like you wouldn't believe! Does anyone else have back pain? The thing that helps me sleep is laying on top of a heated blanket (I know heat is a bad word here) to relax my back enough so that I can sleep. I am now day 35 since my last period which is kind of freaking me out because I've never skipped a period before and yet I have the breast (nipple) tenderness. Whats wrong with me? I can't find out anything from family so not only am I new at this, I'm on my own too. I hope you all feel better soon and if you don't like what your Dr says, find another because one protical doesn't fit all.
mountainsky. What you are experiencing is a phantom period. I have had many skipped periods but with all the pms symptoms, including the sore tender breasts. My periods started going haywire at 50, i am now 51. I haven't had a period now in 6 months. But I have had it all, skipped periods, spotting for days before an actual period, or just 3 to 4 days of spotting, heavy periods with clotting, period for 5 days, stopped then another period a week later. If you're not sure, see your doctor and have blood tests done, it should answer your questions. Hope you feel better.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #27
(female)

mountainsky HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojopooh View Post
mountainsky. What you are experiencing is a phantom period. I have had many skipped periods but with all the pms symptoms, including the sore tender breasts. My periods started going haywire at 50, i am now 51. I haven't had a period now in 6 months. But I have had it all, skipped periods, spotting for days before an actual period, or just 3 to 4 days of spotting, heavy periods with clotting, period for 5 days, stopped then another period a week later. If you're not sure, see your doctor and have blood tests done, it should answer your questions. Hope you feel better.
Thank you. I have had the pms symptoms (eating, emotional, irritable etc) but what happens to the uterine lining because it thickens up getting ready for a period and if you don't have it, does it thin out back to normal or stay thickened? My back hurts soooooo badly too. Did you ever get the back pains?

Old 07-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #28
(female)

jojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB User

I have never had the bad back pain and i'm sorry but I don't know if the lining stays thickened or if it thins out if you don't have a period. When I started skipping periods I went to my docotrs to see if everything was ok and she never mentioned anything about my uterus lining so I gather it had thinned back to normal.

Last edited by jojopooh; 07-18-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #29
(female)

mountainsky HB User

I was told that I have fibroids. I'm wondering if that can cause back pain and pelvic pain. I thought it could but not 100% sure.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #30
(female)

rusty1959 HB User

Hi, I'm 54 and last year off and on periods, just started this weak wobbly legs and arms feel funny. What is this?

Reply Reply