HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Menopause (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/)
-   -   Does Anybody feel like this... (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/926376-does-anybody-feel-like.html)

lynda213 11-06-2012 01:52 PM

Does Anybody feel like this...

Hello All,

I am 50 years old and lately I just feel blah, I feel I have just felt light headed and dizzy, I would be at work and all of a sudden I would feel like I have to hold onto something, and also I would be walking and feel like I am walking on air, sounds weird but it is terrible. I haven't had a period since May and was just wondering if anybody else has felt like this, or is this just me. Thanks in Advance...

Lynda

jw90 11-06-2012 04:16 PM

Re: Does Anybody feel like this....

I chose to take HRT i just could not stand to feel like that... and for me it just kept getting worse and worse..I had to work a fulltime job and could not go to work and deal with the public feeling like this.. I know that hormones have gotten a bad rap but the alternative for me was having no life... and so i decided to live my life to the fullest.. the hot flashes for me were the most horrible thing up all night with them and then could not function during the day. and then the anxiety hit and it was worry, worry , about things that were stupid but couldn't stop...so for each of us we have to decide do we suffer for years or take the chance and get some relief. for me I would rather live in the present...and feel as good as I possibly can.

Shelley5716 11-12-2012 06:30 AM

I have had the dizzy spells ... hate em. It makes me feel out of control. Causes my anxiety to flare up more ... hope u feel better soon!!!!! ;)

florida31 11-13-2012 01:05 PM

Hi
Its all a bit tricky really ! from what I've read the symptom list is endless and difficult to work out if it is the hormones or not ! i have had the dizziness on and off for most of this year and also irregular periods for the last year too ! but when I go to the docs they its other things as think I'm too young to be menopausal (42) ! ,have you seen a doctor ?

dreamcatcher11 11-13-2012 03:21 PM

I have had the dizziness and anxiety, too. It's quite horrible at times. Get to a good doctor and find out what your options are. Keep trying until you are satisfied with the results. Be patient and don't give up!

"but when I go to the docs they its other things as think I'm too young to be menopausal (42) ! ,have you seen a doctor ?"

A doctor I saw said this too. I was 40 at the time. Listen to your body. Go to another doctor and have your FSH levels checked.

dextermom 11-28-2012 09:46 AM

Re: Does Anybody feel like this...

I feel like this a lot. I've been suffering symptoms for a little over a year. I just turned 41 a couple of weeks ago. I am sometimes overwhelmed (which I believe is putting it mildly) with all that's going on. My mind races and I worry that there's something more serious than menopause going on with my body. But then I have to stop and think that I have felt like this for several months and lots of medical tests have not revealed any problems. This stinks. When I was 12 and started having periods I thought I would look forward to the day they stopped. Little did I know........

Anyway, virtual hugs to all you other gals out there going through the same thing. I know how miserable it is. My husband should receive the title of Saint for the way he continually shows me patience and understanding day after day when I have my episodes.

cathyzc 11-28-2012 11:19 AM

my husband deserves a medal too its horrible its my 21 day today and things have started like they do my legs are like tremoring inside im real thirsty im dizzy when i stand up.Im 45 and have had my hormones tested i go for the results next week im so anxious i didnt know menopause would be this bad

Shelley5716 11-28-2012 01:09 PM

I had to stop working cuz of this mess. Acid reflux, panic attacks, feeling like I cant breath right ... and this is every dang day ... there has got to be a way to feel better or atleast be able to bear it ... urgh

florida31 11-29-2012 12:23 PM

Hi
Yes I know how you feel :(,I'm now on day 23 and have felt a little tetchy ,very tender breasts and dreading when it arrives ! in few days if it's on time which will be a miracle as the last year practically every months its late by weeks with the odd month on time :(along with all the other awful feelings of headaches,lethargy and many more :(,I just feel too young at 42 to be going through this.
Chin up girls,we can keep supporting each other.

cathyzc 11-30-2012 02:52 AM

yes it really does make you feel better when you come on here and read what other people have put like i wondered why my legs are so shaky and having like tremors inside them then i read some women on here thats having the same ive never would have put this as a symptom really ive woke up with t this morning all my bum feels like ive been on a treadmill and my legs are having tremors inside them

CrazyLife414 12-02-2012 06:51 PM

I just need to say Thank You all so much for sharing! I have really had a bad few days and reading your posts makes me feel like I have friends in this mess with me!! No one ever told me about this stuff!! My Mother had a hysterectomy when she was 30 and has dementia now so she can't answer any questions for me. I have so many odd aches and pains, stomach trouble, internal shaking and foggy light head! I get headaches and stomach aches and I also get a strange dizzy spell with tingly skin...just more fun for me.

Thanks Again Girls!!
I hope we all feel better soon!
b.

cathyzc 12-04-2012 08:12 AM

Hi crazy life how are you feeling.Its horrible isnt it im shaking all the time and got these internal tremors,the tremors are mostly in my leg but the shakesare all over.When do you shake mostly mine has been constant now for 4 days and my legs are like jelly like i cant walk on them and cant stand up for long.I had my hormones tested and being for the results today and the doctor just said inconclusive so where to now

florida31 12-04-2012 01:06 PM

Hi
I don't really suffer with the shakes problem,mainly headaches and just generally unwell,on day 3 of period and it started off not too bad but has picked up speed today :( but to be honest have had such bad tooth pain for last 2 days (am petrified of the dentist) so still havent got there, its taken my mind of that.
I'm not surprised your tests were inconclusive as I remember mine coming back normal ! and as you say what next ?.

CrazyLife414 12-04-2012 03:39 PM

Hi Cathy..My blood tests were all "within normal levels" and "inconclusive".. basically I take that as "I don't know what to do with you"...
Today has been a little better, stomach trouble all day, but I think it has something to do with my anxiety.
My problems are worse in the mornings, but I also have a trouble time in the late afternoon too. Last night I woke up and could not get back to sleep, which makes every other issue worse because I am tired!

I hope you feel better soon!
b

tracytheone 12-08-2012 12:05 PM

hi all im 42 and i am very simelar, had a ultrasound scan a month ago and was fine, i had severe anemia 2 yrs ago and the last few months i have been feeling the same as you dizzy,even a week after my periods not just before, anxious, panicky and couldnt even drive as i felt so bad for the last 3 days. i wonder if im anemic again due to heavy periods but have been taking iron whilst they on them. im so fed up. i dont know if its anemia again this or something else, plus i have alot of bad tums. its horrible when you get to forty, whoever said life begins then was lying!. i had to leave my job with the anemia and have never felt the same person and now have this to contend with. its rubbish being a woman, so are lucky and some of us arent. im sat here with burning hot cheeks as the min, the ones on my face lol! x