It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User
menopause question

Hi i have posted a few posts on here but have a new one.Has anyone had this i have noticed for the last couple of periods i have had that on my 5th day of my period(which is my last day of my period)that i feel worse.Im 45 and think it could be menopause but last month on my last day of my period all my arms started going numb and cold and then i got a hot flush it lasted about 5 minutes then i went all shaky and cold and then this month its happening again.The last day of my period which is day 5 is been horrrible.Im thinking all sorts is wrong with me im driving my family mad.Im going hot,cold numb feeling funny and its definatly at the end of my period,very shaky has anyone else had this where at the end of their periodthings are bad.Its awful all this what we have to go through thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
(female)

Hodg48 HB UserHodg48 HB User
Re: menopause question

Hi Cathy. Day 5 is when I start feeling my worst. That is when the estrogen starts building toward ovulation. I start feeling very anxious, tense and shivery. I also am cold. This continues until day 13 to 15, at which time I get a few days of feeling somewhat better until the progesterone starts going up and I get the side effects of that. Try not to worry, hormones can definately do a number on your system. I'm hoping when the periods stop, the madness will stop too. T

The Following User Says Thank You to Hodg48 For This Useful Post:
florida31 (11-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
(female)

Thank you very much for replying to me.I didnt know that was the day your estrogen levels started doing that.Ive always had an awful day on day 5 but these last 2 periods have been horrible on that day and i am shaky till about day 14 when i think about it.Its a nightmare and ve been on bloodpressure tablets for 6 years on 50mg of atenolol and my new doctor has knocked me down to 25mg ive donw that fora month and tommorrow i come off them altogether,so im worrying about that aswell.The doctor is doing me a menopause test next week but its all coming at once.This shaky and headaches is horrible i just keep crying for nothing my legs really hurt,how old are you if you dont mind me asking you have really made me feel better with your information

The following user gives a hug of support to cathyzc:
Hodg48 (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
(female)

Hodg48 HB UserHodg48 HB User

Hi Cathy. I'm 48 now, but this all started for me when I was 45. Crying for no reason, shaky legs, actually, whole body shaking, muscle tension, I've had it all. It was a big shock to me, as I had never experienced anxiety like this before. I now know that all of my symptoms are caused by anxiety, which is caused by the fluctuating hormones. First, estrogen at days 5-14 and then progesterone for days 16 to the start of my period. It's a roller coaster. Try not to think it's something worse than perimenopause unless you have reason to, because it only adds to the anxiety. I posted earlier about having distractions to take your mind off of how horrible you feel and so I'm doing just that. I'm going to a major horse show in Oklahoma for a week, so I'll leave you with some advice that helped me. You can't tell your brain not to think of the worst, or the what ifs, but you can replace those thoughts with positive thoughts. You'll always be thinking, but you can decide what you will think about. Replace negative with positive. T

Last edited by Hodg48; 11-12-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
(female)

Thank you thats the best advice ive been given my husbands brilliant he tries to reassure me but even i have been thinking its getting out of hand at the minute i dont leave the house all this started 2 years in april.Luckily my kids are 25 and 21 so they dont need me to go out with them.But while your away im going to think posotive.My legs are really hurting me its like a throbbing and a dull ache all down the inside of my legs ikeep thinking its thrombobsis thanks

Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

Hi Cathy.. I just wanted you to know that I could have written your posts...almost word for word! I get the same pain in my legs and my body just shakes. Hodg48 had a great explanation and I do believe she is right. Sometimes it is hard, but I know that her advice was the best girls like us can hear. Health anxiety is so easy to get lost in when your hormones are on a tear! I was always worried because like you, I feel my worst is at the end of my period and during the time I should be ovulating.
Take Care, Know that you are not alone!!
Have a wonderful day, and here is to many happy thoughts!!
Barb

Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #7
(female)

hi thank you.Its horrible isnt it this sounds daft but my husband had to go out this morning and then my son so just me and my daughter left in i was in a right state really Ive calmed down now apart from headache it was the last day of my period yesterday and i have noticed there is a pattern where i get worse at this time.Can i ask how bad do your legs get and what happens to you,im 45 if you dont mind me asking how old are you.It is reasuring to hear someone else that sounds the same thanks again

Old 11-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

Hi Cathy..I am 50. I have always felt like I was young for my age, but this last few years have been hard on me. I did have my hormones checked and I do have high estrogen..YUC!! Anyway, when my legs hurt (especially in the morning) it is an achey feeling that makes me want to cry. Sometimes they hurt so bad I think that I have some horrible disease. I just try to walk around and stretch. Stretching has really become my friend through all of this. I also have super bad anxiety during this time. My doc wants me to go on Zoloft but I am trying to hold off if I can.
Hang in there!!
Take Care!
b.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathycom View Post
Thank you thats the best advice ive been given my husbands brilliant he tries to reassure me but even i have been thinking its getting out of hand at the minute i dont leave the house all this started 2 years in april.Luckily my kids are 25 and 21 so they dont need me to go out with them.But while your away im going to think posotive.My legs are really hurting me its like a throbbing and a dull ache all down the inside of my legs ikeep thinking its thrombobsis thanks
i have constant anxiety even with the meds and i am wondering if they are really working my heat races all the time and i cant seem too sleep i lost my appetite and have too force down at least one meal i have no desire too eat im tired and weak all the time im afraid too call my dr too let him know im not feeling better with the meds hes given me but im afraid hell think im a nut case wehn i went too the er over the weekend because the attacks got so bad thy gave me a shot of anti anxiety meds in my iv and it seems too work good but they never told me what it was all i want is a good night sleep i cant seem too relax and my mind thinks the worse i also have a uti thats not responding too the meds they gave me and this plays on my mind because they found blood in my urine .

Closed Thread