It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
(female)

mommyfix HB User
Hot flashes and winter

After a brutally hot summer and hot flashes on top of that, I was looking forward to the cooler weather. I thought that since I hate the cold it may feel kind of good to combat it with a hot flash. Silly me. All it really is is just one uncomfortable experience after another.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
(female)

relieftoday HB User
Re: Hot flashes and winter

Hot flashes is one of the symptoms of menopause. Try to examine yourself and assess. You might be having signs of menopause. If so, try to check out some remedy for menopause choices.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

I feel your pain. I wish that the cooler months made a difference,but when the furnace is an internal one, there's not much we can do. I dress in layers and have a fan near my desk at work. Some women carry personal fans in their purses. Taking black cohosh helps me, intially (but then doesn't after awhile).Maybe it can work for you.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
(female)

mommyfix HB User

I am determined not to take any treatments for menopause symptoms. The hot flashes are uncomfortable, but since for now that is the only symptom I have, I will just let them run their course. I feel so bad for the women on here who have horrible mood swings and panic attacks. I guess I can expect any number of symptoms from here on.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
(female)

kittylady HB User
Smile Re: Hot flashes and winter

Hi Mommyfix, looks like you probably live not too far away from where I am.
I haven't had any hot flashes (except for night sweats, I had a few of those), but I feel colder than I ever felt in my life. Cold hands, cold feet. I don't seem to have thyroid issues other than feeling cold but, I am wondering if I will actually have hot flashes at all.

Cold intolerance is not a good thing for a Canadian. We're supposed to be pretty tough about cold weather, but I feel like a total wuss (if that's how it's spelled). I would like to spend my life under fuzzy blankets.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
(female)

mommyfix HB User

That sounds horrible Kittylady. I hate the cold and would definitely not want to have cold flashes. I just wonder if my hot flashes will stay the same as they are or could they get worse over time. I remember my mother having them so bad her face would get bright red and the sweat would be running down her face. She ended up getting hormone shots.

Closed Thread