It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

mtssh41 HB User
Sick of menopause !!!

Im fed up with menopause already. I swear its one problem after the next!! It seems once i hit 40 everything has gone down hill. My 40's have sucked so far. Im hoping the 50's get better. Anyway, im 47 years old and have gone threw meno early. Haven't had a period in well over 2 years. Last year in Nov i had some spotting, so dr sent me for ultra sound, and that came back good. Then he did a bio of my uterus and everything was good. He put me on provera to stop the spotting and it worked. Now again in frigging November , i had a few spots around thanksgiving, very stress time of year. So i went for my yearly pap and she said that my uterus felt slightly large. So now, tomorrow back for another ultra sound. She said i could wait until my next pap to see if its still the same or i could go now. I opted to go now and get it over with. So my question is what would cause this? I have no heavy bleeding, just those few spots and that was it. I have no pain, no cramps, nothing like that. I do seem to get alot of gas, bloated feeling to where i can feel my stomach expand. But it seems to happen when i drink or eat certain foods. It may even be from the acid reflux i have or the hihatal hernia. But now, needless to say im worried about this. I swear im ready to say the heck with Dr's and just not go anymore. Anyone have this happen before... I have read stuff online about a large uterus and that just makes me more stressed out.

The following user gives a hug of support to mtssh41:
Red Polka Dots (12-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
(female)

Red Polka Dots HB UserRed Polka Dots HB User
Re: Sick of menopause !!!

mtssh,
It maybe that you have a few fibroids which is common at our age, apparently. I'm going through some heavy and prolonged bleeding and investigations, blood tests, etc., Hate going to the doctors for this and that, and all related to perimenopause. I'm on the 'cusp'of menopause, apparently. Meno does suck, I hate it, it's disrupted my life more than anyone will know. Hang in there.... you are not alone.

Last edited by Red Polka Dots; 11-30-2012 at 05:45 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Red Polka Dots For This Useful Post:
mtssh41 (11-30-2012)
Old 11-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User

its awful isnt it i have to say i was quite suprised by my doctors reaction.He said i could have the hormone test and even if it came back normal he would believe me cos this test dosnt always show up.Why do we have to have all these symptoms shaky trembling headache feeling sick 2 weeks out of month feeling hungry 2 weeks feeling not hungry.Really hot when i first get up on on morning when im due to get ny period then cold the rest of the time it feels lke your lfe has been put on hold

The following user gives a hug of support to cathyzc:
Red Polka Dots (12-01-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Keep in mind, ladies, that as long as you have your ovaries, some bleeding is possible. So don't go getting all whacked out over a little spotting. Are any of you on birth control or HRT? If you are still having periods, I highly recommend bcp if you can tolerate it. It helped me tremendously. If you are not having periods, HRT can helps as well. You couldn't pry it out of my hand!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
(female)

Red Polka Dots HB UserRed Polka Dots HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Keep in mind, ladies, that as long as you have your ovaries, some bleeding is possible. So don't go getting all whacked out over a little spotting. Are any of you on birth control or HRT? If you are still having periods, I highly recommend bcp if you can tolerate it. It helped me tremendously. If you are not having periods, HRT can helps as well. You couldn't pry it out of my hand!

Titchou
I'm on Norethisterone to stop my period from coming back until I can have the ultrasound and hysteroscopy. I have two small fibroids which according to my doctor is not causing the heavy bleeding. I've yet to discuss the bcp and HRT with my GP once all the investigations are done with. Have to say that I don't like the Norethisterone - makes me eat too much and i'm always tired and irritable if i take the full dose of 15mg. I'm on 10mg at the moment.

Last edited by Red Polka Dots; 12-01-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The one I am on - generic activella - is a blend of .5 mg estradiol and .1 mg of norethendrone. It's much lower dosage than what you are on.

Closed Thread