It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
(female)

iamlittle1 HB User
Angry The Forever Period

Okay, this is my second "Forever Period" after not having one for 3 months. The first one was 3 weeks and mostly just light. It too, followed a 3 month absence. The one in between the two "forevers" was normal. Now this one is still not heavy, only have to wear pantiliners---but for over 3 weeks!!! I was having large clots and then it tapered off at Thanksgiving and now its heading back to some clots. especially when I go and use the restroom. But still only need pantiliner. I AM SICK OF IT. Went to Dr. yesterday. Scheduled for any ultrasound in a week. He is more concern with heavy, flooding bleeding soaking pads galore.>>>Anyone else??? My Dr. thinks this may me the "Mother" of all of them and if nothing of concern shows up on ultra sound---it could be one of the last. How nice that would be.
Just wondering if anyone else had this experience.
>>>Also have some bloating and mild cramps but Aleve or Advil takes it away for the most part and slows the bleeding---Along with my ATIVAN of course!!!

Last edited by iamlittle1; 12-01-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Forgot a symptom

Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User
Re: The Forever Period

that would suck, sounds like a hormonal problem, I have been on my period now 8 days it is heavy, requires over night pads or at least regular pads that would get changed every few hours, I know about how annoying this is, I am on the verge of menopause and have changed my diet to a s/low carb mostly plant based diet and this may have something to do with it, it is amazing how much suffeirng we woman have to go through do you suppose if men had to endure it they would of cured it long ago? but since it is only woman suffering it, we can take our time in finding relief for them since they can take suffering so well. sucksdoens't it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
(female)

jusluvm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlittle1 View Post
Okay, this is my second "Forever Period" after not having one for 3 months. The first one was 3 weeks and mostly just light. It too, followed a 3 month absence. The one in between the two "forevers" was normal. Now this one is still not heavy, only have to wear pantiliners---but for over 3 weeks!!! I was having large clots and then it tapered off at Thanksgiving and now its heading back to some clots. especially when I go and use the restroom. But still only need pantiliner. I AM SICK OF IT. Went to Dr. yesterday. Scheduled for any ultrasound in a week. He is more concern with heavy, flooding bleeding soaking pads galore.>>>Anyone else??? My Dr. thinks this may me the "Mother" of all of them and if nothing of concern shows up on ultra sound---it could be one of the last. How nice that would be.
Just wondering if anyone else had this experience.
>>>Also have some bloating and mild cramps but Aleve or Advil takes it away for the most part and slows the bleeding---Along with my ATIVAN of course!!!
This describes my situation at this very moment to a "T". And that's what brought me here. So, at least I know I'm not going through something totally unusual.

I've been experiencing symptoms of peri-menopause/menopause for about 8 years now. I'm ready for this to be OVER!

Any other input from other's who've experienced the same would be great.

The following user gives a hug of support to jusluvm:
iamlittle1 (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
(female)

iamlittle1 HB User

Jusluvm, OM, 8 years. My period finally stopped a few days ago. It was about 4 weeks exactly! The good thing is that it was never heavy. Thats even what my doc said. I just got so sick of it, I went to Whole Foods in the middle of it and bought some progesteron cream. Dont know if that did anything--but it did not hurt. So I am just going to continue with that. I still have an ultrasound scheduled. I guess that will be good just to know its just hormonal. that in turn will ease the stress which i think affected the whole cycle. Grrr. Now I will probably go awhile without, start to really get use to it and then AF will be back! We cant win for losing!

Last edited by iamlittle1; 12-09-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 07-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
(female)

sc1432 HB User

I have been in peri-menopause since I was 36 , I am now 48.I am so over all of this. Tired of being tired of all the symptoms.
I have skipped a few periods here and there. I have no idea what a decent nights sleep is, or not feeling depressed and many other symptoms.
In June 2013 I got my period and for days it was so light I needed a panty liner only. Then it was like the flood gates opened with huge clots etc...It is now July 23,2013 and I still have my period heavy . I am hoping I am close to menopause phase of all this. Can not wait to feel normal again but I do not even recall what normal feels like . I am taking iron and magnesium to not get anemic.

Reply Reply