It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
Unhappy Around Younger Women

I <am> going through this peri menopause and having to deal with other people is driving me crazy. I just figure it's the hormones..but I feel old. I find myself getting highly irritated with them.

Does anyone else have to deal with this? I don't know how to navigate it..half the time I just want to yell at them..but I don't dare because it would be rude. I'm just getting old I guess.

could it be my hormones?

Last edited by Administrator; 12-06-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Around Younger Women

Absolutely could be. Get them adjusted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
(female)

b0redmember HB Userb0redmember HB User

yes it could be....anxiety and irritable mood is common in peri/menopause......I was in that same boat and still am to some degree but a MUCH lesser one (time does heal many things)

.....I avoided hormones as my mother died (too young) from cancer induced by them and now I have a few friends who were on Bio's and have breast cancer.....of course, the hormones had to go ASAP and now they are dealing with withdrawals as well as BC!!! Also, several of my colleagues in their 60's who have been on them for years are now suffering serious health issues (blood clots/aneurisms/severely elevated blood pressure). Bio hormones may seem like an easy fix but I believe that our hormones decline for a reason. My grandmothers suffered too for some years (it passed) and they never took a drug in their lives and lived happily until they passed in their late 90's.

I'll take the latter option even if it means gutting out some tough symptoms for a few years. I want to see my grand kids grow up! Of course, this is JMO and to each his own....no one walks in anyone else's shoes and this journey is different for every woman.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
(female)

kittylady HB User

I find my tolerance for other people and their foibles is way down. But I'm kind of an inhibited person and don't say much usually (also have some social phobia), probably stops me from getting into trouble. I don't feel like a nice person sometimes, I think I used to feel nice and more forgiving.

I also feel a sort of low grade depression sometimes and I can suddenly feel very tearful right out of nowhere. I'm 51 (periods still regular, though) but I think it must be part of the peri thing because of my age.

Closed Thread