It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

erin2003 HB User
27y/o no period for 10 months

I am a 27 year old female. I have not had a period since February 2012. That period was 2 months late and was jump started with provera. I have had blood work done and all hormones are normal with the exception of a slightly elevated testosterone level. I have also had a transvaginal ultrasound which came back normal. What else could be causing my lack of period?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
(female)

kittylady HB User
Re: 27y/o no period for 10 months

You did say you had blood work, were you told of any other health issues? Are you unusually thin or possibly not eating enough? Could you be anemic or have thyroid problems? Are you under an unusual amount of stress? All of these things affect women's cycles.

I often went over a year when I was young with no period. My gynecologist told me I possibly had what he termed "refractory" ovaries. Whatever he meant... eventually my periods started to become regular, it's hard for me to know what did it. Nature, or maybe better nutrition? To this day I don't know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
(female)

erin2003 HB User
Re: 27y/o no period for 10 months

I went to the gynecologist yesterday. I also do have other conditions which include hypothyroidism. I am due for blood work next week. 6 weeks ago my TSH was 89.6 (reference range 0.4-4.6). My meds were increased, but I don't think it is soley my thyroid which is causing the ammenorhea because 3 months ago my thyroid was in normal range (1.6).

I am not unusually thin, overweight actually (196 lbs). I am however under a lot of stress, as I am a social worker and am on call pretty much 24/7. Work does take a toll on me and I have recently been treated for anxiety. I also get headaches every day.

The doctor told me yesterday that she would like to do more thorough blood work and also check my adrenal glands, as my right side below my ribs is tender to the touch and has been for months. Sometimes if I make certain movements it is painful as well.

Also, every person on my Mother's side of the family has autoimmune disorders varying from thyroid issues to Crohn's. I have autoimmune hypothyroidism as well as vitiligo.

Closed Thread