It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
(female)

dreamcatcher11 HB Userdreamcatcher11 HB Userdreamcatcher11 HB User
Profound transformation

When this all started back in July, I never would have guessed what a crazy, life-changing journey this would be. At that time, my doctor told me I would go into menopause very soon if I didn't go on HRT right away. What?! I was only 41! I was shocked.

Since then, I have felt confused, angry, frustrated, sad, depressed, anxious, scared, and self-pity. I thought this was the beginning of the end. I thought, "My life is over." It's all downhill from here. Everything will just decrease and diminish until I die. The best years of my life is over. What's the point of going on? But I had no choice but to keep going on. And I figured I would try to be a positive as I could.

August and September were really a struggle. I had all sorts of symptoms: fatigue, dizziness, nausea, heart palpitations, anxiety... Some days were hell. October and November things gradually started to get better. The horrible mornings were gone and I wasn't totally exhausted all the time. By December, I was starting to feel like myself again. Most days, I had some energy and motivation. I was so happy and relieved.

Now that my body was feeling more stable, I could pay attention to what what going on in my mind and soul. I realized lots of stuff was coming up; unresolved issues from my childhood and my 20's. Things I hadn't thought about for years. I started writing in a journal and writing down my dreams.

I still felt kind of sad about the person I was leaving behind but I now felt excited about the woman I was becoming. I felt some acceptance, some peace. I can now see myself as a butterfly emerging from its cocoon.

It's not the end after all, but the beginning of a whole new chapter in my life! This is really an opportunity--without old baggage holding me back, I can reach my fullest potential. I need to embrace this spiritual awakening. The dream I had last night told me loud and clear that the most important thing is just WAKE UP and live fully present in the now.

I truly hope that you, too, can wake up to the wonderful unfolding that is happening to you. Remember that underneath all of those symptoms, there is a woman who will spread her glorious wings and fly again.

Be peaceful and be well.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: dreamcatcher11
Peyjad (12-29-2012), Red Polka Dots (12-30-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreamcatcher11 For This Useful Post:
Peyjad (12-29-2012), Red Polka Dots (12-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
(female)

Peyjad HB User
Re: Profound transformation

Beautifully written, and very inspirational! Thank you Dreamcatcher11!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
(female)

Red Polka Dots HB UserRed Polka Dots HB User

Did you go on HRT? If not, what did you do to feel better?

Thank you for a lovely and uplifting post. x

Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

Very well said. I'm trying to look at this time differently now. Before I was just complaining and dreading..I did hear a female doctor on television remind women that this is a transition period. It's not the end..it's not the way you will always feel. It's a phase. I remember pubery and how difficult that was..even worse because of the lack of coping skills I had...now I at least know things that I didn't then. Everyone will age and everyone will experience loss of something..it's how we move on with it that matters.

Closed Thread