It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

anniefine HB User
Please help! I think perimenopause but no luck with doctors.

In October starting on a Friday I had a pain in my right side by my ribs that felt like there was a ball under my ribs and the pain went around to my back. I also had a bad headache, nausea, pelvic pain and lose bowels. This lasted 3 days and on Monday I went to my doctor and they did a x-ray, gave me Prilosec, and scheduled a CT Scan. They came back normal. Since these symptoms started in October till now they have not stopped, some get worse, and I might get a couple of good days then back to bad. They have done a pelvic ultrasound, upper GI, colonoscopy, endoscopy, biopsy of my uterus, multiple blood test and thyroid test. They found a small cyst on my left overy and the uterus biopsy showed a hormone imbalance, everything else is normal which is good.
The problem is of all the things I've read it sounds like perimenopause to me but the only thing the 3 doctors I've seen say is average age is 51 for menopause so you might get some symptoms since I'm 46. They keep testing me it seems for everything but menopause, isn't there a menopause test and what kind of a doctor do you see to get one.
Here are the symptoms I have had the last 3 months and some I had before but never thought about being perimenopause: migraines that last 3 days, bad nausea,overy and pelvic pain, hair loss, anxiety,backache, weight loss (13#) lighter periods, indigestion, fluttering in chest, sore throat, light headed, pressure in chest, tired, insomnia and I'm sure theres a few more I can't think of.
So what do you think? I'm going to my Gyne. tomorrow and I have all this written down so hopefully I can get some answers. I feel like they think I'm crazy, but I know what my body feels like and I feel like their not listening. If I'm not satisfied after tomorrow I finding a female doctor.
I just want to know whats wrong with me, I'm tired of feeling like crap everyday. PLEASE HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
(female)

confusedin2012 HB User
Unhappy Re: Please help! I think perimenopause but no luck with doctors.

My symptoms are identical to yours with the exception of instead of pelvic pain, I have breast pain and the right more than the left...I do have that rib thing that goes around to my back...I've had a mammogram and have been back since then and the doctor still says there is nothing wrong...my feet ache, my knees ache along with my neck, back and shoulders. I'm only about to be 36 and some days I can barely get out of bed. I am going to see a different doctor on Tuesday because my doctor won't test my hormones or my thyroid levels...and I have a one year old son who doesn't understand why Mommy is always so tired :-(

Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
(female)

anniefine HB User
Re: Please help! I think perimenopause but no luck with doctors.

I really feel for you because I know exactly how bad you feel. I've missed work because someday's I can barely function and on those day's I keep hoping the symptoms will let up tomorrow. I went to my gyn appointment today because I wanted to just talk about all my symptoms and what I could do, take, or try to maybe help ease the symptoms so there a little bareable. Well he came in with the attitude all the test he did (thyroid, pelvic ultrasound, uterus biopsy) came back normal so he really didn't know why I was here. Biopsy did show hormone imbalance so I ask what to do for it and he basicly did'nt answer, nor did he answer when I ask if there was any supplement I could try or change my diet. I told him I had a page of symptoms written down but he didn't say he wanted to here them. I did ask about fsh test today so he did order that, which I thought he would have done that when I started with all these problem in Sept. I went to him for 20yrs he delivered both my kids and he was great. In my opinion the money for him is in delivering babies and he has no time for perimenopause women. So after I get my results in 2 weeks I'm taking my records with me when I leave.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, I changed from a male to female gyno for just these issues.

And the right side pain under the ribs and going around to the back along with nausea sounds like gallbladder. Have you had a HIDA Scan to check for function ?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
(female)

bvitrudi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniefine View Post
In October starting on a Friday I had a pain in my right side by my ribs that felt like there was a ball under my ribs and the pain went around to my back. I also had a bad headache, nausea, pelvic pain and lose bowels. This lasted 3 days and on Monday I went to my doctor and they did a x-ray, gave me Prilosec, and scheduled a CT Scan. They came back normal. Since these symptoms started in October till now they have not stopped, some get worse, and I might get a couple of good days then back to bad. They have done a pelvic ultrasound, upper GI, colonoscopy, endoscopy, biopsy of my uterus, multiple blood test and thyroid test. They found a small cyst on my left overy and the uterus biopsy showed a hormone imbalance, everything else is normal which is good.
The problem is of all the things I've read it sounds like perimenopause to me but the only thing the 3 doctors I've seen say is average age is 51 for menopause so you might get some symptoms since I'm 46. They keep testing me it seems for everything but menopause, isn't there a menopause test and what kind of a doctor do you see to get one.
Here are the symptoms I have had the last 3 months and some I had before but never thought about being perimenopause: migraines that last 3 days, bad nausea,overy and pelvic pain, hair loss, anxiety,backache, weight loss (13#) lighter periods, indigestion, fluttering in chest, sore throat, light headed, pressure in chest, tired, insomnia and I'm sure theres a few more I can't think of.
So what do you think? I'm going to my Gyne. tomorrow and I have all this written down so hopefully I can get some answers. I feel like they think I'm crazy, but I know what my body feels like and I feel like their not listening. If I'm not satisfied after tomorrow I finding a female doctor.
I just want to know whats wrong with me, I'm tired of feeling like crap everyday. PLEASE HELP!
I don't know what her symptoms were but my mother started going through menopause around 38 so there is no hard and fast rule. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to bvitrudi For This Useful Post:
LADuncan (01-06-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
(female)

teacher67 HB User
Smile Re: Please help! I think perimenopause but no luck with doctors.

Hello,

I am 45 and started experiencing perimenopausal symptoms about 1 year ago. At first I thought I was having a heart attack and it took 2 trips to the Er to convince me that I wasn't. I have started blood pressure meds, GERD medication and also Zoloft to help with anxiety but still get "worried" each time something pops up. The worst symptoms I have include: GERD, rapid heartbeat, aches and pains in legs and arms and I am always hot. Doctor says Kaiser says "no" to HRT so I am just living with it. Any natural remedies help anyone out there? I am trying to change my thinking and be positive but at times I still worry.

I am so glad I found this site! It's good to know that others are experiencing similar issues so I know I am not crazy!

Last edited by teacher67; 01-04-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
(female)

anniefine HB User

I had my gallbadder removed 18 yrs. ago and those were the symptoms I had with it too. I go back to my Gastro doctor next week to follow up on some biopsy's he took when he did my colonoscopy. He said he just took them since he was in there , that everything looked good. I also need to talk to him about my digestive system again. I'm seem to be doing better than I was but the pill he gave me to take for my stomach spasms and nausea are giving me side effects. After I see him I going back to for family doctor to see if he came recommend me to a new FEMALE GYN.
Thanks for replying.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
(female)

anniefine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher67 View Post
Hello,

I am 45 and started experiencing perimenopausal symptoms about 1 year ago. At first I thought I was having a heart attack and it took 2 trips to the Er to convince me that I wasn't. I have started blood pressure meds, GERD medication and also Zoloft to help with anxiety but still get "worried" each time something pops up. The worst symptoms I have include: GERD, rapid heartbeat, aches and pains in legs and arms and I am always hot. Doctor says Kaiser says "no" to HRT so I am just living with it. Any natural remedies help anyone out there? I am trying to change my thinking and be positive but at times I still worry.

I am so glad I found this site! It's good to know that others are experiencing similar issues so I know I am not crazy!
I also went to the ER with pressure on chest and hard to breath. I think they run every test possible and everything came normal and they sent me home. All these symptoms make you feel like your crazy and you wonder if the people around you and the doctor's think the same thing.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #9
(female)

teacher67 HB User

I agree...they think you are making it up! Everything on my end was good too but feeling the feeling over and over again is just unsettling. Now I am always wondering about symptoms. But now that I found out that others have similar issues, it makes me feel normal!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
(female)

Shelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB User

Here is a list of 35 symptoms of this mess ... I have a few others as well, acid reflux being a huge one!!!

35 Symptoms of Perimenopause
■Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
■Irregular heart beat
■Irritability
■Mood swings, sudden tears
■Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
■Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
■Loss of libido
■Dry vagina
■Crashing fatigue
■Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
■Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
■Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
■Disturbing memory lapses
■Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
■Itchy, crawly skin
■Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
■Increased tension in muscles
■Breast tenderness
■Headache change: increase or decrease
■Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
■Sudden bouts of bloat
■Depression
■Exacerbation of existing conditions
■Increase in allergies
■Weight gain
■Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
■Dizziness, vertigo, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
■Changes in body odor
■Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
■Tingling in the extremities
■Gum problems, increased bleeding
■Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
■Osteoporosis (after several years)
■Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
■Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, ‘whooshing,’ buzzing etc.

Lord knows, I know how u feel ... Ive had test, had lung xrays cuz of feelings I cant always breath right ... blood work, bla bla bla ... ur right, we do know our bodies and we know what we feel ... now finding a dr who cares and wants us well, for me, that will involve a lot of prayer!!!!!! Been to several and they all say the same thing, "no missed periods, ur too young for it, labs are normal ....." well, I am not too young, I have no thyroid so that dont help, the absentance of a period dont mean anything!!! Give me a break, I have been goin thru this mess for almost 14 yrs, the perio part ...
It is so frustrating, disheartening ... the symptoms are scary and yes, I too missed work, finally I had to quit due to this being an everyday thing ... but I do believe I will find an answer and get better ... hang in there and know u have us to talk too ... God bless and I pray u have a great, smyptom free day today!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
(female)

confusedin2012 HB User

Has anyone actually lost weight during peri? Are the instances of gall bladder issues increased during peri? Does anyone seem to be carrying extra tension in back or shoulders or on one side of your body more than the other?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
(female)

anniefine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley5716 View Post
Here is a list of 35 symptoms of this mess ... I have a few others as well, acid reflux being a huge one!!!

35 Symptoms of Perimenopause
■Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
■Irregular heart beat
■Irritability
■Mood swings, sudden tears
■Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
■Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
■Loss of libido
■Dry vagina
■Crashing fatigue
■Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
■Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
■Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
■Disturbing memory lapses
■Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
■Itchy, crawly skin
■Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
■Increased tension in muscles
■Breast tenderness
■Headache change: increase or decrease
■Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
■Sudden bouts of bloat
■Depression
■Exacerbation of existing conditions
■Increase in allergies
■Weight gain
■Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
■Dizziness, vertigo, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
■Changes in body odor
■Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
■Tingling in the extremities
■Gum problems, increased bleeding
■Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
■Osteoporosis (after several years)
■Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
■Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, ‘whooshing,’ buzzing etc.

Lord knows, I know how u feel ... Ive had test, had lung xrays cuz of feelings I cant always breath right ... blood work, bla bla bla ... ur right, we do know our bodies and we know what we feel ... now finding a dr who cares and wants us well, for me, that will involve a lot of prayer!!!!!! Been to several and they all say the same thing, "no missed periods, ur too young for it, labs are normal ....." well, I am not too young, I have no thyroid so that dont help, the absentance of a period dont mean anything!!! Give me a break, I have been goin thru this mess for almost 14 yrs, the perio part ...
It is so frustrating, disheartening ... the symptoms are scary and yes, I too missed work, finally I had to quit due to this being an everyday thing ... but I do believe I will find an answer and get better ... hang in there and know u have us to talk too ... God bless and I pray u have a great, smyptom free day today!!!
THANKY YOU so much for thinking of me, I actually have had a good day today and yesterday which is kind of scary.( Makes me wonder and worry if somethings wrong ) Of the symptoms listed I have 29 of them, and like you I think I have a few that are not listed. Thanks again and take care.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
(female)

Tilly57049 HB User

Omg this scares me I have all of the above plus copd and diabetic most of this I can handle but the aches ofmy body is over whelming.....this menapause is a disease to me so wired that a lot of women don't go through menapause symptoms like this....

Old 01-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #14
(female)

ddill HB Userddill HB Userddill HB User

This thread caught my eye and I felt I had to add my comments.

When I was in my late 30s I started having irregular periods. Female dr told me that it could not be related to menopause as I was too young. Another year goes by with same answer. Then I became very depressed . At that time I switched doctors and went to a male doctor who did blood work and said it was indeed menopause. Went to my primary for the depression and got meds that worked (after trying a few that did not). So, my periods ended when I was 40 years old and now I am 62. I'm not sure whether you need a female or male doctor but definitely a different one than you have now. Keep the faith, things will get better.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-21-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #15
(female)

nuttylady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedin2012 View Post
Has anyone actually lost weight during peri? Are the instances of gall bladder issues increased during peri? Does anyone seem to be carrying extra tension in back or shoulders or on one side of your body more than the other?
Hey there confused2012,
I am currently feeling the exact thing you described above. I have lower right rib pain and the right side of my body aches much more than the left. All the way from neck, shoulder, shoulder blades and ribs. Hate that we suffer so much pain...is this fybro, peri-meno, gallbladder, etc?? Here I go to yet another test tomorrow. Hope you've been feeling better since you wrote this back in Jan. All the best!!!

Closed Thread