It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User
Re: Perimenopause - Heart Palps - And The Beat Goes On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisrose View Post
Actually, I think the exercise has helped keep mine away. The way I know is I haven't really exercises the whole month of December. I was really busy, the holidays then bad weather started sticking around more consistently, so I haven't been able to get out to ride my bike. I did buy a spin bike for home and it just arrived this week but my husband hasn't brought it in the house and put it up for me yet

Anyway, in the past 2 weeks I have been noticing heart palpitations where I had none at all for months. These aren't bad and because I know what they are and that they aren't dangerous, I just ignore them. I know I'd get really mad and frustrated if they started up and flopped around all day and night for days on end again.

I'm not working now so exercising like I do is a bit easier. If I was working, I don't know that I would be doing it as long or as consistently as I have been. It's hard to fit something in that you don't necessarily find exciting and fun - and I don't really consider exercising to fall into either category. I have stuck with it because I know how much better it has made the peri symptoms. My hair has stopped thinning, I don't even know when my period is coming except for following my schedule on the calendar because I don't feel it coming (no breast tenderness, no real mood swings, no cramping), even the dark hairs on my chin stopped growing back so fast. So I know exercise is helping my body level out it's hormones naturally. That's why I've vowed to stick with it this time.
do you peri symptoms continue all month long or only when your nearing your cycle ?? mone seems too be worse when im starting it but the rest of the month i have the anxiety but its mild and i havent slept A GOOD NIGHT since i started peri in july .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyez 1966 View Post
do you peri symptoms continue all month long or only when your nearing your cycle ?? mone seems too be worse when im starting it but the rest of the month i have the anxiety but its mild and i havent slept A GOOD NIGHT since i started peri in july .
Poor sleep was the main reason I went to the hormone doctor. I will say the progesterone cream did help with my sleep, but did nothing for the heart palpitations. It also did seem to reduce the feeling of anxiety.

When the heart palps were the worst I had them all day, everyday, for months. The anxiety would be off and on all month. I would get this feeling of anxiety in my chest that would bubble up my neck into my face. For no reason. It would just do it.

As things began to settle down, then I noticed the worst before my period and right around ovulation. I still will to some degree. Usually I can't sleep very good at all about 3 days before my period and about 2-3 days into it. The heart palps began showing a pattern of coming right before my period.

It was pretty miserable for me last year for about 8-9 months straight. One thing or another was plaguing me. Then once I began exercising more vigorously and more consistently, I started to feel more normal and less symptoms of peri. No other remedies that I have tried has been as successful as consistent, vigorous exercise.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #18
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

Quote:
Poor sleep was the main reason I went to the hormone doctor. I will say the progesterone cream did help with my sleep, but did nothing for the heart palpitations. It also did seem to reduce the feeling of anxiety.

When the heart palps were the worst I had them all day, everyday, for months. The anxiety would be off and on all month. I would get this feeling of anxiety in my chest that would bubble up my neck into my face. For no reason. It would just do it.

As things began to settle down, then I noticed the worst before my period and right around ovulation. I still will to some degree. Usually I can't sleep very good at all about 3 days before my period and about 2-3 days into it. The heart palps began showing a pattern of coming right before my period.

It was pretty miserable for me last year for about 8-9 months straight. One thing or another was plaguing me. Then once I began exercising more vigorously and more consistently, I started to feel more normal and less symptoms of peri. No other remedies that I have tried has been as successful as consistent, vigorous exercise.
.. im having a hard time getting my drs too listen too me they blow off menopause like its no bug deal i asked what i could take and they said nothing like really ??

Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyez 1966 View Post
.. im having a hard time getting my drs too listen too me they blow off menopause like its no bug deal i asked what i could take and they said nothing like really ??
The only thing I could suggest is progesterone cream from a health food store. It's made from wild yams and the dosage is pretty low. It's topical so it's not like you can take too much unless you really, really tried to take too much.

I used to use progesterone cream from the health food store for years in the beginning and it was a lifesaver for me. My problem was mostly bad, painful periods and mood swings. I'd get so angry about a week before my period, I'd have to work very hard to not just yell at people over small things.

I know how you feel. I saw so many doctors last year when things were bad - sleep doctors, endocrinologist to see if they could help me with my hormones. Everything always came back in the normal range - so nothing was wrong. If they couldn't *see* something on a test, it didn't exist. So they left me with little options for relief except the offer of anti-depressants. I refused every prescription for anti-depressants. I wasn't depressed, something was happening physiologically and my brain chemicals were not the cause.

Unfortunately, that's when you have to try and figure out what works best for you individually. A lot is trial and error. But most doctors will dismiss it or marginalize it because they are either a man and never have felt it or a woman and haven't hit it yet - or were lucky enough to breeze through it.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #20
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

Quote:
the only thing i could suggest is progesterone cream from a health food store. It's made from wild yams and the dosage is pretty low. It's topical so it's not like you can take too much unless you really, really tried to take too much.

I used to use progesterone cream from the health food store for years in the beginning and it was a lifesaver for me. My problem was mostly bad, painful periods and mood swings. I'd get so angry about a week before my period, i'd have to work very hard to not just yell at people over small things.

I know how you feel. I saw so many doctors last year when things were bad - sleep doctors, endocrinologist to see if they could help me with my hormones. Everything always came back in the normal range - so nothing was wrong. If they couldn't *see* something on a test, it didn't exist. So they left me with little options for relief except the offer of anti-depressants. I refused every prescription for anti-depressants. I wasn't depressed, something was happening physiologically and my brain chemicals were not the cause.

Unfortunately, that's when you have to try and figure out what works best for you individually. A lot is trial and error. But most doctors will dismiss it or marginalize it because they are either a man and never have felt it or a woman and haven't hit it yet - or were lucky enough to breeze through it.
thanks ill try the cream theres a gnc store in my area ill stop in and see if they have it at this point ill try anything . I woke up today feeling edgy i hate feeling like this as soon as i got out of bed i was dizzy and i got the heart palps .im gonna see if i can make an appt with an endo if i mention it too my dr hell only say i dont need too see one so hopefully i wont need a referal .

Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #21
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User

Hi i have changed doctors due to the fact he wouldnt listen, i wasnt on my own as my new doctors told me they have had 400 new patients from his panel.What my new doctor told me was that atenolol was the first ever blood pressure tablet on the market and they dont even use it at this doctors, so they weaned me off it, from 50mg to 25mg and then off i was bad for abot 2 weeks.But i do think i scared myself really, but because i have been in the house for nearly 2 years ive done everyday things like cooking,washing,and walkeing round,well these new doctors have said i have let my muscles go in my legs thats why there so weak, so im working on getting them right i know its going to take time to do this.Ive done more today than i normally do and my legs are burning and shaky and hurting.I just want my life back and to be able to go out again and go shopping and take the dog for a walk

Old 01-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
(female)

roseofsharon71 HB User

I'm a newbie , and I've been feeling the need to find out that I'm not alone in what I'm going through. I have those palpitations every now and then, and they are nerve-wracking! I'm 41, and I mentioned to my G.P. and my GYN that I'm sure I'm in perimenopause because I've been having what I consider to be suspicious symptoms that are typical of it, and confirmation to me was that I missed a period almost a year ago (sure wish I'd do that more often). They both said, "well, you have a long time until menopause, and the average age is..." I finally told my doctor that it's not that I think it's going to happen tomorrow, but perimenopause can last for many years and that's the part that bothers us.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #23
(female)

teacher67 HB User

Hi,

That's why I joined too! I just wanted to know that I am not alone. It really made me feel much better just knowing that other people are going through the same types of things and that the symptoms are not symptoms of something life threatening or serious.

Welcome!!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #24
(female)

teacher67 HB User
Smile Re: Perimenopause - Heart Palps - And The Beat Goes On!

Hi,

That's why I joined too! I just wanted to know that I am not alone. It really made me feel much better just knowing that other people are going through the same types of things and that the symptoms are not symptoms of something life threatening or serious.

Welcome!!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #25
(female)

roseofsharon71 HB User
Smile Re: Perimenopause - Heart Palps - And The Beat Goes On!

Thanks! It is a relief, although I'm not glad any of us need to deal with this crazy stuff. I read or heard that unless you get very lightheaded or have major issues when you have the palpitations, not to worry (easier said than done). Another aggravating thing is the feeling that I'm about to be light headed, and this slight feeling of disorientation in my vision, if that makes ANY sense. But those don't happen during palpitations. Well, I guess that's another thread...

Old 01-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #26
(female)

teacher67 HB User

I understand fully your concerns with the light headed feelings. That was one of the first symptoms for me and it is very disconcerting! It feels as if your head is swimming. I have just learned to lay my head back for a brief moment and then it's usually back to normal for me. It has gotten a lot better with time.

I wish we didn't have to deal with this stuff either! I am ready to be out of peri and into menopause. Wish it would happen sooner than later!

Closed Thread

Tags
heart beating abnormally, heart palpations, menopause symptoms, perimenopause, skipped beats