It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

mamakass HB User
Is this Perimenopause?

I'm on day 60 without a period now. My previous record was 47. This started after my last child was born, I was 38 going on 39 years old then. When my period came back it was irregular to the point I became concerned and went in. They did a bunch of hormone tests, did an ultrasound and said every thing was fine, I wasn't menopausal and they thought it was just that I was still breastfeeding and 40 (didn't have any problems with my two previous children breastfeeding and regular cycles). So now, it's two and half years later and this is still going on and she's weaned. I previously had a problem with my iron levels and after deciding to start donating blood again since my youngest weaned became anemic- so they thought that was why odd cycles. Now my iron levels are good again and things seemed to becoming regular and now this. My doctor acted like she didn't think it was normal and wanted me to come again if I skipped. But what I'm reading about perimenopause it seems pretty likely that this IS normal. I don't have any other symptoms though. Sex drive is normal, secretions normal and no hot flashes or any thing. I do have many, many pesky chin hairs (ick). Should I make an appointment or just assume I'm now in perimenopause and no more normal cycles for me.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
(female)

HisWinterRose HB User
Re: Is this Perimenopause?

The wait is the hard part ... I was in your same boat a few years ago I was that way for 5 years and everytime I had my YEARLY CHECK UP they did ah blood work and well nothing ever came of it so I just waited it out each time and then this past summer 2012 things were really strange for me and then my daughter's finace went into JAIL and all my STRESS was gone ... so guess what happen ... YUP I finally went back into the DOCTOR and told them about my PERIOD being out of wack ... and they did the BLOOD TEST and then she called me a few days after the best and said " MENOPAUSE " has come to visit ... so I was so very happy about that news ... and so here is what happen ...

June - July - August ... NOTHING
August ... Had blood work and said I was in MENOPAUSE
September - October ... NOTHING
November ... A little of spotting like 2 days worth
December - January ... NOTHING YET

So ... I am so HAPPY to have it gone for good. So, I am wishing you the best of luck !!!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth - Phil. 4:13

The Following User Says Thank You to HisWinterRose For This Useful Post:
mamakass (01-18-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
(female)

mamakass HB User

I went to see my primary care doctor yesterday because she had told me to come back if things got really irregular. I did take a pregnancy test and I'm not pregnant She had some lab work ordered, wanted to rule out adrenial, etc.... results just came back and I got an email saying my hormones were normal. But I'm still very crampy feeling and absolutely no sign of my period coming. So I'm just going to assume this is perimenopause. It must be! I'm happy my husband had a vasectomy but I need to quit worrying and just accept that my cycle is no longer going to be normal at all. I need to get the intense pms crampy feeling under control though. Going to try an evening primrose oil supplement.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
(female)

mamakass HB User
Unhappy Re: Is this Perimenopause?

So the one thing from my lab work that I don't like is my testosterone is low. It's only a 10. My doctor wasn't concerned about it though. Tomorrow will be day 70, still nothing! Crazy. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't feel so premenstrual and crampy.

The following user gives a hug of support to mamakass:
HisWinterRose (01-23-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
(female)

HisWinterRose HB User

Happy Birthday to you !!!

Wishing you God's blessings on this YOUR SPECIAL DAY !! I am here for you and if you want a friend do send a request !!! Well take care and I will bee back next week as OUR INTERNET comes back so see you soon !!!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth - Phil. 4:13

Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakass View Post
so the one thing from my lab work that i don't like is my testosterone is low. It's only a 10. My doctor wasn't concerned about it though. Tomorrow will be day 70, still nothing! Crazy. It wouldn't be so bad if i didn't feel so premenstrual and crampy.
... Hello be greatful they are testing you i still dont know which ends is up if im perimenopausal i have symptoms but i still get my period every month i just never know when its comming i get it anywhere from 21-25 days i skipped one month when i started all this back in june ive mentioned it too my drs family and gyno and they both seeem too blow it off with out any testing they just tell me because im 46 its possible but i wanna know for sure that its not something else i mean i have anxiety , night sweats i dont sleep dizziness muscle pain i get crying spells light and heavy periods and the list goes on just wish i knew for sure i want too make an appt with a female gyno but i dont want ppl too think im crazy my husband already thinks i am he thinks im making up these symptoms i have another strange one i leak when i laugh or sneeze and i get pain in my right side and it seems like it happens around my cycle time i did have a uti a month ago so im not sure if it could be that and i get rectal pain and pressure but no bleeding i had thta back in nov one time and i was told i had internal hemms but the gyno said he didnt feel any so what do i think ?? Good luck too everyone

Closed Thread