It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

hate2bhot23 HB User
Progesterone Cream

Anyone here have any luck with Progesterone cream? I have a tube of Emerita - progest cream but haven't tried it yet because I'm concerned about side effects. My biggest issue is not sleeping due to hot flashes, night sweats and anxiety. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
(female)

jojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB User
Wink Re: Progesterone Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2bhot23 View Post
Anyone here have any luck with Progesterone cream? I have a tube of Emerita - progest cream but haven't tried it yet because I'm concerned about side effects. My biggest issue is not sleeping due to hot flashes, night sweats and anxiety. Thanks.
hi 2bhot. I have never used the progesterone cream my doctor gave me 3 years ago. I thought I could tolerate my symptoms and get through it naturally. Well, 3 months ago I started using black cohosh for my hot flashes and night sweats, (woke me up several times a night, hard to get up and go to work). The black cohosh works wonders. After 3 days, no hot flashes or night sweats. Hope this helps some...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User
Re: Progesterone Cream

I started using the Progesterone cream last night. It makes me nervous, but I am willing to try anything at this point.
No difference last night, but they say a couple of days before you notice anything.
I will let you know how it goes.

Have you girls had your vitamin D levels checked? Vit D is the other thing they have given me to help because my levels were low.

b

Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
(female)

hate2bhot23 HB User

Thanks for the replies ladies. Jojopoo - how much black cohosh do you take? Do you know if you can take it along with progresterone cream? Crazylife - I hear you... I am almost to the point of trying anything but I'm a fraidy-cat when it comes to medications and such. Please keep us posted. I am Vit D deficient and was on a course of prescription Vit D and now on 5000mg once a day. I don't see a difference in my sleep though. I'm here at work right now wanting to take a nap really bad....

Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

I hear you Sister!! I am really a freak about medicine. I barely take a Tylenol. But I had to try something! Have you gone to a Compounding Pharmacy?? My Dr sent me there with her recommendations and they really helped me a lot..I am not sure if what they have me taking is going to help..LOL..but at least they helped me find some things that should help. I started taking most of the stuff on Friday, and the Progesterone last night. The one thing that they said was that my Adrenals were tired and so one of the things they gave me was an adrenal support product that should help with my anxiety and constant tiredness.
You can go to the compounding pharmacy without a Dr recommend, but I was just lucky enough that my new Dr really believes in what they do.

I will let you all know how it works for me...

Take Care!!
b

Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
(female)

AllysonD HB User

I have had great luck with progesterone cream.

I am currently in perimenopause and have estrogen dominance. My doc recommended a higher dose than the package suggested to help control my endless periods.

Once they are moderated, we will reduce the dose gradually.

He said it is better to start with the dose that is thought will control the symptoms and then gradually reduce it rather than the other way around because of the fact that progesterone when you start it up or increase it you activate the estrogen receptors and temporary you might become worse before you get better. So instead of enduring that several times, he started with what he called a loading dose to try to restore my balance and then we will work backward.

I used to have hot flushes, anxiety, joint pain, night sweats and weird little panics - no more. They are gone, gone, gone and my continued bleeding is also abating.

I suggest reading up about it, doing a saliva test and even asking a doctor who is informed about bioidentical hormones for a recommendation,

Good luck to you!

Quote:

Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Allison..did they give you anything else for the Estrogen Dominance? I have the progesterone cream and also DIM....
They say it is a natural product to help rid your body of some of the environmental estrogens and see how much your body is truly making...

Thank you,
b

Old 02-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
(female)

hate2bhot23 HB User

Crazylife - I hate taking anything too! Even tylenol...unless it's really bad. I haven't gone to a compounding pharmacy but have heard about them. Plus, I know it's not covered under medical insurance. My current gyno isn't much help. She told me to stay on the current low-dose birth control pill I was on for another year (I am going to turn 50 next month). I want to know what my cycle is doing so I got off about 4 weeks ago. But I hate these all day hot flashes and I just WANT TO SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT! lol

Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
(female)

hate2bhot23 HB User

Thanks Allyson. Neither my gyno or my GP doctor believe in bioidentical hormones or anything natural. It seems they just want to give me the pill and send me away. Did you have your saliva test from your doctor? I'm curious to know what exactly I'm lacking. That's one thing I'm concerned about with the progesterone cream is that my heavy periods come back.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
(female)

jojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB User
Wink Re: Progesterone Cream

Quote:
Thanks for the replies ladies. Jojopoo - how much black cohosh do you take? Do you know if you can take it along with progresterone cream? Crazylife - I hear you... I am almost to the point of trying anything but I'm a fraidy-cat when it comes to medications and such. Please keep us posted. I am Vit D deficient and was on a course of prescription Vit D and now on 5000mg once a day. I don't see a difference in my sleep though. I'm here at work right now wanting to take a nap really bad....
2bhot.I take 2 tablets of 100mg. a day of black cohosh, one in the morning and one with supper. I know my mothers family side health issues which are pretty good but, I don't know my father's side health issues and that is why I am afraid to take any kind of HRT. I don't know if you can take the cream and black cohosh together, consult your doctor about that. Black cohosh is sold in natural stores but let your doctor know whatever your taking. I honestly feel so much better since being on it. Hope this helps.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #11
(female)

AllysonD HB User

No, for me he suggested the following

Vitamin D

Calcium d-Glucarate instead of the DIM. He said later on in menopause or post menopause DIM might be good but for now he thought the other one might do a better job of eliminating the excess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLife414 View Post
Allison..did they give you anything else for the Estrogen Dominance? I have the progesterone cream and also DIM....
They say it is a natural product to help rid your body of some of the environmental estrogens and see how much your body is truly making...

Thank you,
b

Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #12
(female)

jobi779 HB User

Hi, I have used progesterone cream and it is fabulous!!!! I had to stop because I was using it everyday which was putting my cycle out even further than it was to begin with. I am now on testosterone cream in the morning along with 10mg of DHEA capsule and it seems to be helping. Read a book called Female Brain Gone Insane and followed her advice which led me to blood tests and a compounding pharmacy who made up the bio identical hormones and capsules. I also take 5htp at night and theonine in the morning for depression and anxiety. Nausea is still on and off. Let me know how the progesterone cream works for you xx

Closed Thread