It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
(female)

janabooboo HB User
Unhappy Menopausal Hell in need of menopausal help...

I'm in my 4th year of menopause. Why don't I feel any better? I have so many questions. I wonder if anyone can relate. I sometimes feel like my body went through a science experiment gone wrong. A couple of years ago my body just decided to put on weight. I ache a LOT of the time. I get out of bed in the morning and walk around like a little old woman because I'm so stiff. My feet hurt sometimes just in the morning, but at times it can go on for days from morning to night.

Vag. pain... it feels... irritated, sort of like burning. The doctors have done pap work ups, all comes out clear. The odor has changed. And NOW I'm having mouth pain and sores. Oh... and the usual hair thinning on the head, but a nice cropping of chin hair. GOOD LORD, I'm a mess.

I DO have insomnia (hence the 1:30am post), crying jags, fatigue, and occasional hot flashes. Not the incredibly crummy ones i read about with the instant sweat... that's something anyway... huh?

Please tell me I'm not alone... I feel like a freak.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
(female)

jobi779 HB User
Wink Re: Menopausal Hell in need of menopausal help..

AAhh sweety, I feel for you!!!! It is just what it is and its not pretty. But you are not going crazy and you are not alone. Apparently the vaginal issues are from lack of hormones so you should probably be adding those back into your body. Body odour does change, everywhere. Insomnia is horrible and makes everything else seem so much worse. I take a natural product called GABBA for anxiety and sleep and if its really bad I take half a sleeping pill which is not my best as I feel a little groggy in the morning but at least I have slept! Exercise, just walking, is vital for those sore feet of yours as is a good foot rub and a bath with one cup of epsom salts. I am new to menopause and have gone onto HRT only 6 days ago and feel equally as hideous with other symptoms. Sometimes I also think that I have some rare disease that nobody has heard of before which then sets my anxiety on a marathon. The key, I think, is to just allow it all and not fight it, if that is even possible. I feel better when I smile and remind myself that it is menopause and this too will pass with the correct supplements, nutrition, exercise and hormones. I have also heard that Vitamin D is vital whilst going through all of this. Ask your Dr to check out your testosterone, estrogen and progesterone levels and see what you are lacking and ask him to put them back. My sister, who has been in menopause for about 3 years, told me that as soon as I surrender to it and accept that I am never going to be who I was 5 years ago the sooner I will be happy. I am working on that. Have a happy day, regardless and keep us posted. Lots of love to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
(female)

jojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB User
Wink Re: Menopausal Hell in need of menopausal help..

hi janabooboo. you are not alone for sure. i had almost all of your symptoms, they only lasted for about a year (thank-god). I too felt so stiff in the morning, felt like a 95 year old. oh! and the aches and pains,,, the fatigue, i had trouble making my self a cup of coffee in the morning, but then, had to go to work. i had the vaginal burning on and off. my doctor said it was dryness from low estrogen (apparently everything dries up, lucky us). my digestive track went haywire, gained about 10 L.B.S.. hot flashes, night sweats, slow ember flashes. I just wanted the old me back.

Last edited by jojopooh; 02-20-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #4
(female)

janabooboo HB User
Re: Menopausal Hell in need of menopausal help..

I don't like knowing other people are suffering with similar crud, but at the same time it's good to know someone can relate. The women in my immediate circle are either not yet menopausal or haven't had the issues to the extreme I'm having them. My periods were a breeze, I keep thinking it's some cruel joke to make sure that one way or another I MUST do my time and SUFFER like most women do. I DO try to keep my sense of humor, but there are definitely days that I think, what now??

I have been avoiding synthetic hormone replacement and did go on bio-I... but they are so expensive and i didn't find them to be helpful. I may have to just give in andgo the route of synthetic. I just want to feel better. Ya know?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
(female)

rayel HB Userrayel HB User

janabooboo,

I feel your pain! I also thought that because I didn't suffer every month for years like some women do, I'm paying the price now! God bless you and hang in there!

Old 02-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I've been on HRT for 10 years - my sister for 30 (hysterectomy). Neither one of us would ever give it up! Works great for me and my doctors (gyno and internist) are OK with it.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #7
(female)

janabooboo HB User
Re: Menopausal Hell in need of menopausal help...

Rayel, good to know I'm not alone. And Titchou, good to hear you have had much success with HRT. I guess it's time. I want ME back.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
(female)

jobi779 HB User

Hey Janabooboo, I started HRT about 10 days ago and the flushes and night sweats have gone....yay!!!! I still have anxiety from time to time and a bit of sadness rears its head every now and again but for the most part so far so good. My Doc said to go onto HRT for three months to get everything in balance and then to move onto bio identical if I feel the need. I take bi testosterone already so would just switch the estrogen and progesterone if I want to. The first few day of being on it I felt a bit nauseous and more sleepy than usual but that seems to have passed. Yes, you deserve to have YOU back. Good luck xxx

Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
(female)

janabooboo HB User

Jobi that fast? Shoot, makes me wonder what took me so long. I'm going to make an appt with my gyno.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janabooboo View Post
Jobi that fast? Shoot, makes me wonder what took me so long. I'm going to make an appt with my gyno.
By adjusting my birth control pills - back in the day - it was 2 weeks and all my symptoms were gone. Went right on to HRT when the time came and have never had another problem.

Closed Thread

Tags
aches, fatigue, mouth sores, weight gain