It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User
Mouth & Teeth Issues

Is anyone having dental issues with peri? Suddenly..I've had a ton of problems. I had to get one extraction and it is taking forever to heal..and now I think I have another infection. And for the past few months I'll feel really warm like I have a fever..then I take it and I don't. Then I get chills. And my anxiety and worrying about every last thing is off the hook. I feel like I'm at my wits end. I've read that peri can lead to lot's and lot's of dental issues..as if we need more symptoms and pain. Does anyone know of anything to take to help your teeth while going through this?

Thanks!!

Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
(female)

jojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB User
Wink Re: Mouth & Teeth Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laye View Post
Is anyone having dental issues with peri? Suddenly..I've had a ton of problems. I had to get one extraction and it is taking forever to heal..and now I think I have another infection. And for the past few months I'll feel really warm like I have a fever..then I take it and I don't. Then I get chills. And my anxiety and worrying about every last thing is off the hook. I feel like I'm at my wits end. I've read that peri can lead to lot's and lot's of dental issues..as if we need more symptoms and pain. Does anyone know of anything to take to help your teeth while going through this?

Thanks!!
I had almost all my bottom teeth extracted due to gum erosion. I have always brushed my teeth religiously so was in shock when she told me the news. My dentist let me know it wasn't my fault, my saliva is very acidic and caused a lot of tartar which eroded my gums. I healed very quickly according to my dentist and was fitted for dentures. All this had nothing to do with menopause. The warm feelings you are having can be what my doctor told me was "slow ember flashes. For quite a few months, for a few hours a day I was warm, like if I had a fever but when I took my temperature it measured normal. I don't know if teeth problems are an issue during menopause.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Mouth & Teeth Issues

Definitely! My gums receded quickly and I seemed to lose bone in my mouth and jaw area quickly after an unwarranted hysterectomy just shy of age 50. When I flossed I could tell there was more space between teeth.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
(female)

Hodge64 HB UserHodge64 HB UserHodge64 HB User

My teeth and gums ache all day everyday. It all started after a couple of years into peri. It's one of the more annoying symptoms. T

Old 02-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Thanks for all your responses...I'm feeling worse I think after this extraction. My upper teeth have shifted and now it's putting pressure on the top of my mouth. I can't get much relief..flossing like crazy is what I'm told to do in that particular area. There is no infection. And my anxiety is through the roof..every little pain in my mouth I think the worst. Need more work done...it's just not good. I just want this pressure to ease up.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
(female)

Sugar Pie HB User

My teeth have been killing me too! Feels like its in the bones underneath. I get my teeth cleaned every 6 months and dr. says their ok. I thought maybe it was a vitamin/mineral deficiency and had my levels tested. Everything was ok except my hemoglobin was on low/normal side, which I am taking an iron supplement for. Then I thought it was a side effect of my lunesta I take for insomnia. But after eliminating that and no sleep I still have tooth aching on and off. So I can't figure out what it is either. The only thing that helps me is Xanax that my dr gave me for anxiety I had in December. But I know the long term dependency on that drug and don't want to have to keep upping my doses and then coming off of them. If anyone knows another remedy I would love to know what it is.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
(female)

Hodge64 HB UserHodge64 HB UserHodge64 HB User

I think this aching is caused by pushing my tongue against my teeth. My whole mouth and neck feel like they have a lot of tension. I blame anxiety, as the aching is helped by ativan, but I agree, you don't want to become dependant on a tranquilizer. I haven't found anything else that helps. I assume when perimenopause is over this will be gone too. Hopefully. T

Old 02-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Well...after my right upper side started to ease up a bit..the left upper side is now aching. I am scared I'll need a root canal there now. Why are all of these issues hitting at once? I swear...turning 50 and my body is really falling apart. Could it just be a cavity too? I have to get two of those filled. I just want this to end..it's making me so crabby. Over a month now...It's like it will never end and I'm anxious. I think I'm just going to have to be on Xanax the rest of my life in order to get through it.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
(female)

Sugar Pie HB User

I tried something the other night. When I got home from work my teeth and bones underneath were hurting and I took 1 valerian root capsule. I sometimes take 2-3 of these at night to sleep. I thought since I was home I would try 1 and see if it help my teeth like the Xanax does. Well much to my surprise the pain went away completely! I couldn't believe it! It sorta had the same affect of my Xanax.

Just thought I would let everyone know about this if you need an alternative from the Xanax.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Well..my never ending tooth drama continues. I was told I have a sinus infection. It seems to be a bad one since I'm still feeling the pressure in my upper teeth. I've been on an anti biotic now for 24 hours..still feeling the pressure. How long will it take for that to subside...I thought after 24 hours I'd feel some relief. Anyone know?

Old 03-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
(female)

jojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB User
Wink Re: Mouth & Teeth Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laye View Post
Well..my never ending tooth drama continues. I was told I have a sinus infection. It seems to be a bad one since I'm still feeling the pressure in my upper teeth. I've been on an anti biotic now for 24 hours..still feeling the pressure. How long will it take for that to subside...I thought after 24 hours I'd feel some relief. Anyone know?
laye, if it's a really bad sinus infection, it could take up to a week before you feel any relief. So many women get sinus infections during meno. Since starting meno I have noticed my sinuses clog more often, then are dry, then clog again?? I guess depending where my hormones levels are at on any given day. I want to avoid a sinus infection (had one before, very painful), so once or twice a week i clean my nose out with hydra-sense saline solution to get all the guck out so my nose doesn't clog up and get an infection. So far it seems to be working (touch wood). Before using it though, talk to your doctor or a pharmacist, My doctor said no more than twice a week, and if my nostrils got overly dry, to stop using the saline spray for a bit. the saline spray is really good when you have a cold, clears the nasal passages so you can breath. Get well soon, menopause is our wake up call to take better care of ourselves.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Thanks...I'm kind of freaked out..just now..I drank something and my other tooth has a ton of sensitivity. Could that just be a cavity and not necessarily something worse? I'm hoping that's all it is..but it just got really sensitive. I can't take much more of this.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User

Wow, I am sorry to hear that. I had a wisdom extracted 2 months ago, all went fine. But wondering why that gum area where tooth was removed is still slightly sore? I would not be surprised teeth problems were on the long list of other issues we are having.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

This is what is scaring me now..I'm getting put to sleep with my next extractions and I worry about being naseous when I wake up. I don't want to throw up with my extractions being so fresh. What happens when that happens? It scares me..I've just been consumed with my mouth problems for the last month..I'm so anxious about every little thing. Every pain..I just do not want to go through this again..in the grand scheme of things..I know this is small. I just haven't felt well for so long. Me rambling again..thanks for all the support from everyone.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #15
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User

I know what you mean, you don't want to pull out a stitch or disturb anything. I prayed I didn't have to sneeze after mine. Ask you dentist with any worries you may have after the surgery. Good luck with the extractions. Hopefully that will be it with the teeth issues.

Closed Thread