It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
(female)

Tweeters HB User
Angry Is Nausea a Symptom???

I am wondering if I can get some insight into what is happening with my body these days. I have been in perimenopause for around 4 years. In those 4 years, my cycle has been all over the map. For the past two months, I haven't had a period. I've been getting migraines again and more often (I used to get them when I was a young teen but didn't have them at all through my 20s and 30s). During the time that I was supposed to get my period this month, I got a migraine and then have been nauseous off and on for over a week. No, I am not pregnant! There is very little information out there regarding the possibility of nausea being a symptom of menopause. Has anyone experienced this? If so, why is it happening and how can I manage it? Oh....what fun!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Is Nausea a Symptom???

Have you had any stomach pains? Am thinking gallbladder issues..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
(female)

Tweeters HB User

No, not really any pain. I have IBS but nausea isn't usually one of my symptoms with that. The nausea seems to be mostly after I eat.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
(female)

jobi779 HB User

Hi Tweeters, I get nauseous sometimes during the month as well. It is a symptom and it seems to be worse when I am a little anxious but it doesn't only come with anxiety. I take some ginger and honey tea and it only lasts a while and then its over. Good luck xx

Old 03-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
(female)

Tweeters HB User

Thank you, jobi779. I do have anxiety as well and have been off work for 2 months. I go back to work in one week and have been experiencing a lot of anxious thoughts that certainly don't help. I do drink ginger tea with honey and it does help. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between what is an anxiety symptom and a menopause symptom. So frustrating.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

I used to get extremely nauseated right before I would have a period. I knew one was coming on because it happened every month right before the period started and then it would go away.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
(female)

Tweeters HB User

Well, I've missed two periods now and forgot to mention that I also have 3 fibroids. Could that also be a contributing factor to the nausea? My lower back has been extra sore for the past 2 weeks as well. Ugh....

Closed Thread