It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
(female)

Liverette HB User
I am so worried!

Please help! Spotting for 2 weeks.
Hi,
I just turned 46 and and I missed my periods for the 3rd month and then two weeks ago I saw some pinkish discharge and thought that my period will start any moment now, but it's been 2 weeks and no period, only a very light bloody discharge only when I go to the bathroom.

I called my OBGYN for an appointment and the earliest date is May 31st.

I got very concerned today after reading about uterine cancer and googling. Is this a normal peri menopausal symptom?

I had my hormones checked by my primary and she told me that I am getting close to menopause.

I would really appreciate if anyone can shed a light to my situation!

Many thanks,
Liverette

Old 05-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
(female)

farfalla17 HB User
Could you be pregnant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
(female)

Liverette HB User
Re: I am so worried!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfalla17 View Post
Could you be pregnant?
Farfalla,

No I am not pregnant. Haven't been sexually active the last 6 months.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

There's probably no need to worry. Many women skip periods during perimenopause. And some have more frequent periods. And flow can change too. Your next period may be heavier and/or longer than normal since you've missed a few so your lining may be a little thicker than usual. But, again, it's likely nothing more than perimenopause.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
(female)

Liverette HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLouisgal View Post
There's probably no need to worry. Many women skip periods during perimenopause. And some have more frequent periods. And flow can change too. Your next period may be heavier and/or longer than normal since you've missed a few so your lining may be a little thicker than usual. But, again, it's likely nothing more than perimenopause.
Thank you so much for your reply. I went to the obgyn today and he wants to do an ultrasound and a biopsy in the coming 2 weeks to rule out endometrial cancer...he said 98% is probably menopausal issue but there is always a 2% risk especially that I've never had kids. Please wish me luck!

Old 05-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Hope testing goes well and shows all is "perimenopausal normal."

Old 05-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #7
(female)

Liverette HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLouisgal View Post
Hope testing goes well and shows all is "perimenopausal normal."
Thanks again for your well wishes. After 2 weeks of spotting, I started my period last night... Just wanted to update you that, so if you can think of anything, you can add a comment.

Wishing you well,
Liverette

Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
(female)

Shelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB User

I do this for a couple of weeks before a full blown period ... from what I've read from other's, it is part of the "winding" down ... but who knows how long I'm gonna be winding down ... lol

Old 05-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

I think you're ok too. So much weird stuff happens with our periods when we get close to menopause.

My last period was right on time, like clock work but it lasted about 12 days! Regular flow for about 4-5 days then spotting every single day till day 12. I began taking some progesterone cream for this next cycle because I've been getting some unwanted peri symptoms returning. After a day of progesterone cream it finally stopped.

Frankly, I wish it would just quit already. I turned 50 in November and this dumb thing is right on time every month. Not late, none skipped (ever). I feel like I'll be the only 80 year old woman still buying tampons.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

I experience the same symptoms and thought the very same thing - the Big C.

Nope turned out it was due to an antidepressant I was taking. If you are on any medications I'd google the side effects of them or just the "type" of medication they are and you may find that vaginal dryness is one of the things they cause which, often results in very light pinkish discharge.

I stopped the antidepressant and the pinkish (blood) discharge subsided quickly.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User

I experience the same symptoms and thought the very same thing - the Big C.

Nope turned out it was due to an antidepressant I was taking. If you are on any medications I'd google the side effects of them or just the "type" of medication they are and you may find that vaginal dryness is one of the things they cause which, often results in very light pinkish discharge.

I stopped the antidepressant and the pinkish (blood) discharge subsided quickly.

Reply Reply