It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
(female)

Gardenia47 HB User
Perimenopause and severe leg cramps

Hi Everyone. I was wondering if anyonehas had leg cramps.. Last week I was awakened by a charlie horse so bad, then I got one in my other leg and for over a week i have really bad calf pain.. tried pickle jc, tums, potassium, apple cider, calcium. I could go on and on, I took a pain pill and had a allergic reaction.. finally I went to stat care, Doc did not impress me.. lol He said they are unexplainable??? Later that night I got my period and the next day my legs were fine?? I was reading it could be menopause? PLease share some insite.. Thank You
Valarie

Old 06-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
(female)

jojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB Userjojopooh HB User
Wink Re: Perimenopause and severe leg cramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenia47 View Post
Hi Everyone. I was wondering if anyonehas had leg cramps.. Last week I was awakened by a charlie horse so bad, then I got one in my other leg and for over a week i have really bad calf pain.. tried pickle jc, tums, potassium, apple cider, calcium. I could go on and on, I took a pain pill and had a allergic reaction.. finally I went to stat care, Doc did not impress me.. lol He said they are unexplainable??? Later that night I got my period and the next day my legs were fine?? I was reading it could be menopause? PLease share some insite.. Thank You
Valarie
Hi Gardenia. Leg cramps or feet or toe cramps, tingling in extremities could be a sign of a lack of magnesium. You can buy magnesium pills and/or you can take epsom salt baths (which are magnesium). I used to get leg cramps in my calfs and toe cramps, since taking magnesium I no longer get any cramps. Maybe worth a try.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
(female)

Gardenia47 HB User
Wink Re: Perimenopause and severe leg cramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojopooh View Post
Hi Gardenia. Leg cramps or feet or toe cramps, tingling in extremities could be a sign of a lack of magnesium. You can buy magnesium pills and/or you can take epsom salt baths (which are magnesium). I used to get leg cramps in my calfs and toe cramps, since taking magnesium I no longer get any cramps. Maybe worth a try.
Hi, and Thank you I did not mention , but yes I do take Magnesium also and calcium.. Since my Father suffered from them I take Magnesium all the time. I did try the epsom salt bath and it did help a bit they have subsided but still aching feeling in the calves.. I am trying some shoes with a lift thought it might be from walking barefoot all the time or flat shoes.. ??

Reply Reply