It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

riveracheron HB User
Early menopause/depression/etc

Hi all, I am new to the site.
A little about me before going on...I am in my early 40's, single, no children. I was 'diagnosed' as being in early menopause. I also have some anxiety issues but Other than that, I am in good health and good weight.

So, here goes: The past 6 months have been horrible for me. Body aches/pains, severe PMS but with NO periods. I mean the PMS is far worse than I have ever had as teenager or in my early 20s. My mood is all over the place. One minute I am in good spirits, the next, I am highly emotional or very angry. I can not concentrate, get very bored easily. I do not find joy in the things I used to, bloating, weight gain, indigestion, hot/cold flashes, night sweats, gas, I get dizzy and lightheaded ... this list could go on and on.

So, is this considered normal? I think I need a new dr/gyn because whenever I try to discuss these with her, I get a head nod, but really nothing more and honestly, I feel like I am going crazy at times. I would like better answers!

If anyone could suggest what I may say or suggest to my dr and/or any meds or OTC, that would be very helpful in relieving at least some of the symptoms, that would be helpful as well.

I should mention that I am on a low dose birth control and even though it had helped roughly a good year ago, it seems to be non-effective now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I am about to lose my mind!

--riveracheron

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Early menopause/depression/etc

i would ask about adjusting your birth control pills. We had to do that with mine several times until I went on HRT. It should be a normal thing to do if your gyno is not agreeable, I would find another one. You could also have an FSH test and if your result is around 34 or more, you could just go on HRT and be done with it.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
(female)

riveracheron HB User

Thanks for the reply. Hmm..I've not heard of that test.
And adjusting the birth control...see, I HAVEN'T been thinking clearly! I did not think of that. I appreciate your input.

So, these are (relatively speaking) normal symptoms? Wow! I had no idea it could be such an emotional/physical roller coaster ride... I don't like this ride.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
(female)

kazza1236 HB User

I was also taken by surprise but have been on HRT now for 2 weeks and the cloud has lifted, aches are nearly gone, energy levels back, the tears have stopped and Im getting to work without it being the mission it has been for quite some time. Like you I had no idea it could get so bad. Anyway the HRT is working for me

Old 06-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

Sounds just like how I'm feeling..I have all of those things. One minute I'll have a burst of energy and feel OK. Then five minutes later..I'm sad and tired and want to lay on the couch with the remote..but now..TV shows don't even entertain me..I'll watch an hour of a movie and I'm done..no longer interested. The news is too much for me now..I'll watch it but then I get really really depressed because of how awful it is all the time. And then I go back to maybe 10 minutes of energy...then back down. Bones ache..muscles ache..teeth ache..bloated..not hungry then suddenly ravenous and have to eat right now. And then there is having to wake up in the middle of the night..can't get back to sleep..blah blah blah..I'm sure everyone here knows this routine.

Hang in there...

Old 06-17-2013, 05:05 AM   #6
(female)

grissy63 HB User
Unhappy Re: Early menopause/depression/etc

I am also in my 40's and still get my period however also going thru the perimenopause. its awful, I dont even like myself. I used to always work out and motivated to do my work outs, go out have fun and now I have lost all motivation. My anxiety level is thru the roof. I can't sleep well. I cry and get sad easily. I have anger burst. I have gone to see my Dr. which she prescribed progesterone capsules and testerone cream however i have not seen any difference. so dont know what else can work for me.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
(female)

kazza1236 HB User

Syptoms just like mine. I started peri at 44, Im now 47 and thought I was at the worst till it spiked. The anxiety was terrible had to take pills for that,. Like you Im right into fitness and with the sore joints and depression I was really dragging myself out to do anything. The HRT Im on has progesterone and estrogene in a pill form. 2 weeks on it and Im 80% better. I hope you both find something to help you through, it really does suck being a women sometimes. At least reading through these boards we realise we are not going crazy or turning into somebody else.

Reply Reply