It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
(female)

sunshine44923 HB User
Thumbs down help, does the bleeding ever stop

Hey everyone,
I am 51 years old and up until about 2 years ago everything with my period was normal. About 2 years ago I went through a divorce and I went for 5 months with out a period. I chalked it up to stress. Then they started back regular in the beginning and the not so regular I would start and stop then start back go for 2 or 3 days and stop, 2 weeks later I would be bleeding again. about 4 months ago I started and I have not stopped. It is not heavy bleeding, its just enough that I have to wear a pad all the time. I do have other symtoms like the hot flashes, night sweats, being irritable, constipation, constantly having to go to the bathroom to urinate this problem has me up and down all through the night. I have achy joints especially in my hip but the main one is that I am tired all the time. When I get off of work all I want to do is go home and go to bed. Could this be premenopause? I can't get to the doctor because I have no insurance so if anyone has any ideas of natural remedies that will help I could use them.

The following user gives a hug of support to sunshine44923:
ps4h (06-18-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
(female)

ps4h HB User
Re: help, does the bleeding ever stop

I'm not of the age to start menopause, but my mother had a lot of the same symptoms you have now before she fully started menopause. My mother had terrible uterine fibroids and she would bleed constantly. It would stop for a few days and then start up again. I'm hoping for your sake that it's not fibroids, but you need to be seen by a doctor. After seeing what my mother went through, I would not want someone else to go through it.

If possible, contact some doctors who maybe can help you find some financing for getting checked out.

Hope all goes well,
Andreja

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
(female)

faerychic HB User

I could have written this post right down to the achy hips! I am 52 years old and up until 3 months ago had all the same symptoms. The continual spotting, night sweats and hot flashes have stopped. The only thing I am doing differently is taking a probiotic (coincidence maybe, but I am not going to stop!). I still have the achy hips though. The constipation is a little better too.

The following user gives a hug of support to faerychic:
ps4h (06-18-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to faerychic For This Useful Post:
sunshine44923 (06-20-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
(female)

ps4h HB User

double post. sorry

Last edited by ps4h; 06-18-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: double post. sorry :(

Old 06-26-2013, 01:44 AM   #5
(female)

eltwins HB User

Hi, I am 47 and in the height of the peri
For a couple of years, my periods have changed, they were always 24 days in my cycle, then they changed to anything between 12 and 50 days ! The amount of bleeding didn't change however, just sometimes heavy sometimes not.
My last period started on 28th May and has just gone on and on. After about two and a half weeks it subsided to just a pink discharge, but still I had to use a pad or liner all the time. Then on day 23 of that period (!) - 19th June, I had a really bad flood. I was actually sat in a meeting at work and it soaked through my clothes onto the chair, as I was only wearing a liner, as had no idea I was going to bleed heavy again ! It was awful. Now it is the 26th June and I am still bleeding. Not much blood on pad overnight and got up and took a shower and a huge clot came away!
I saw my doctor last week, the day of the flood, but before it happened. She did an internal exam and said she couldn't see much blood, she took swabs and is also arranging a scan, I last had one in May 11, which was all Ok and smear in May 12 was all good.
Doctor thinks it will just be peri. Just ! I just want this continuous bleeding to stop, I'm going on holiday at the weekend and don't want this.

The following user gives a hug of support to eltwins:
ps4h (06-27-2013)
Closed Thread