It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

3sillykidsnadog HB User
Rapid Heart Rate and then BP drop??

I see MANY of us have experienced at some point this awful rapid or fluttery heart rate.
My dr believes I'm in perimenopause (still have reg periods). I have anxiety with breathing troubles
This past week I've just been feeling "off". Unbelievably tired, some fluttering with the HR.
Yesterday I almost passed out right at the checkout at Michael's!!
Just all of a sudden was faint. Lucky for me a nurse was in line and came to my aid. She checked my pulse and said it was a bit fluttery at first but came back to normal after I sat for a few minutes.
Saw Dr today and he said it was more than likely caused by a drop in my BP.
He can't come up with a heart problem (I've had a monitor before) and he says he strongly feels it's all connected to hormones/anxiety.
I often feel like I can feel my heart beating, then at night I often feel like it's not beating??

Has anyone experienced this before?? So frustrating!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
(female)

caseybum HB User
Re: Rapid Heart Rate and then BP drop??

Hi,

I have been having a very similar thing! I am 50 years old and still having pretty regular periods. For the past month or so, I have been having periods when I can feel my heart beating very fast and then I will occasionally get a lightheaded/dizzy sensation of a few seconds. At night I can sometimes feel out of breath with my heart beating fast and then like it almost stops for a second and then starts back up. When it does that, if I am just dozing off, it startles me wide awake! Sometimes it will do it off and on for a few hours! It';s making me almost afraid to go to sleep!
I have tried take Advil PM (doesn;t work), I am also taking Natural Calm, and trying to drink more water, nothing seems to work, except if i take a Xanax I have for flying, then I can go to sleep without my heart doing that.
So, I am thinking it is an axiety based thing, but as to why? Maybe hormones, or who knows!!
Just know that you are not alone!

The Following User Says Thank You to caseybum For This Useful Post:
3sillykidsnadog (02-15-2014)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2014, 06:56 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

So you aren't trying birth control to help with this? I'd really consider it if your have no risks. Just changing my bcp got rid of all my symptoms in 2 weeks!

Old 02-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
(female)

avandalay HB User

I am 50, still having regular periods, and I experience the same symptoms. I felt very dizzy last week for a while, then it went away. The rapid heart beat scared me at first, but a friend told me she had them for years. I believe it is all due to hormones. Just another annoying symptom in a long list of them!

The Following User Says Thank You to avandalay For This Useful Post:
caseybum (02-15-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #5
(female)

3sillykidsnadog HB User

It's so frustrating at times!!! Especially when you have a male doctor. Oh how I would LOVE to have men experience just one day of this misery !!!

Last edited by 3sillykidsnadog; 02-16-2014 at 06:07 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to 3sillykidsnadog:
caseybum (02-16-2014)
Closed Thread