It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
(female)

Sunnyshores HB User
Peri moodiness

My 3 worst peri symptoms are moodiness with irritability, impatience like PMS that can happen anytime and last for different periods of time, migraines, and now my period has gotten heavy again.I'm 53 and a half and I'm sick of these symptoms. My irritability affects my fiance. Has anybody found anything natural to take that helps these symptoms? I've been taking Zoloft for 16 years for the PMS and I fill my migraine med every month and even cut it in half to make it last longer. I'm fed up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Peri moodiness

Have you tried bcp? And then transition to HRT? I did that and it worked perfectly. Still does - been on HRT for 10 years....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
(female)

Sunnyshores HB User

[QUOTE=Titchou;5199024]Have you tried bcp? And then transition to HRT? I did that and it worked perfectly. Still does - been on HRT for 10 years....[/QUOTE

I can't take the pill because I have high blood pressure

Old 07-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Ummm...so you aren't on meds for the high blood pressure? I am (Lisinopril HCTZ) and take HRT. My bp is normally around 115/70 on the meds.

Last edited by Titchou; 07-13-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
(female)

Sunnyshores HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Ummm...so you aren't on meds for the high blood pressure? I am (Lisinopril HCTZ) and take HRT. My bp is normally around 115/70 on the meds.
I take that as well but my Drs do not recommend anything that can cause bp to go up even though my bp is controlled on the meds

Last edited by Sunnyshores; 07-13-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

You need new doctors then. The whole point of controlling it so that you can do other things. What they are telling you is the same thing as spending 5 years taking allergy shots but still avoiding everything you are allergic to. Why on earth would you so that? It makes no sense. You can always come off it if it causes your bp to go up.

Last edited by Titchou; 07-13-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Closed Thread