It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
OK, now what? I am just crazy.......

Hi all,

I am 46 soon to be 47 and have a history of depression, anxiety, PMS, endro, IBS-C, and need your ladies advise. Yes, I do think I am going through Permi.

But I am always freezing, tired, night sweating, irritable, and low self esteem, and used to be so outgoing.

My thyroid came back in normal ranges, vitamines in normal range "Except"" B12, was actually high=1500. Then why the heck am I so tired, etc????????

My Estradiol is 272. A year ago it was <20
My Estrogens total was 439.0
Estrone was 167.00

Is these in the normal range? I was told I could try BC to help with the permi. I don't know what one to choose. I know everyone is different, but don't want to gain, lose hair, acne, etc. Any suggestions would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did have surgery five years ago to have fibroids removed, that is when they decided I had endro. I think my fibroids have came back and so does my OB, but not ready for a full blow surgery.

Please ladies, help.
God bless.

PS. I am also on a low Antidepressant Wellburtin that I just got but have not started. I am just a mess.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: OK, now what? I am just crazy.......

Are you taking a high dose of B-12 that would explain the high lab result? Typically the range is 200+ to 900+ so 1500 is very high.

Being in perimenopause, the estrogen levels don't mean much. They can fluctuate from normal premenopausal / fertile levels to menopausal. Plus even in premenopausal women, they fluctuate quite a bit over the course of the cycle.

Low-dose birth control pills can even things out as far as physical and emotional symptoms. Plus help with the endo. But it's hard to know which one is the best for you. And if you go with a BC pill, you may not need the Wellbutrin.

I wouldn't worry too much about the fibroids if they're aren't too big. They tend to have a growth spurt during perimenopause and then typically shrink after menopause. If they're causing heavy bleeding, all the more reason to go with BC.

Best in getting through this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply