It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2003, 07:51 AM   #1

houstondigital HB User
Chronic Jock Itch!

I have tried everything OTC and I have been to the doctor he gave me Ketaconazloe and it have been taking it for 2 weeks. My symptoms have only become worse. I hear some fungus are resistant to the azole family of drugs. This is probably why all the creams didnt work either. I have been battling with it for almost a year now and Im beginning to lose hope. I have been using creams and powders evertday. Im am can't even work I am scared to sweat. Everytime I have to swaet it seems to break out more. Is there a drug I can take that will work? I need help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2003, 04:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Ask for a prescription to Oxistat. Great stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2003, 04:16 PM   #3

Dan_61 HB User
Re: Chronic Jock Itch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstondigital
I have tried everything OTC and I have been to the doctor he gave me Ketaconazloe and it have been taking it for 2 weeks. My symptoms have only become worse. I hear some fungus are resistant to the azole family of drugs. This is probably why all the creams didnt work either. I have been battling with it for almost a year now and Im beginning to lose hope. I have been using creams and powders evertday. Im am can't even work I am scared to sweat. Everytime I have to swaet it seems to break out more. Is there a drug I can take that will work? I need help!
Forget the OTC drugs and prescriptions. Go out and buy some TEA TREE oil. It smells funy but it'll clear up your jock itch in about a week. You can find it at your local health food store or massage supply store.

Old 11-23-2003, 09:26 PM   #4
(male)

lelu HB User

Have you tried Clotrimazole cream? It is for Athlete's foot but will cure Chronic Jock Itch.

Old 11-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #5

houstondigital HB User

Ok now I have gone to the Dermatologist and he says that its not a fungus. He says I have a condition called Intertrigo and Seborric Dermatitis. I am 29 years old and have never had itching in my crotch, and now I have been plagued for almost a year now with this awful problem. The symtoms seem to abe minimal now that it is winter but I still itch daily and get a raised texture ion my balls which turns red and itches. The doc looked at my skin scraping under a microscope and said I didnt have a fungus. My symptoms were minimal when he did the test and I had just applied OTC cream before visiting the office. I don't have insurance I can't afford to keep going to the doctor. He prescribe come dermatitus lotion called Elidel and said to keep the area dry. I havent sweat much lately and I still get the itch, Could this be misdiagnosed? Would I have got intertrigo all of a sudden which a condition and not a parasite???? One more question? Can you get rid of intertrigo?

Old 11-29-2003, 03:16 PM   #6
(male)

lelu HB User

You might like to try doing a search on Google for Intertrigo.

Some very interesting info, at one site:
"Intertrigo is an inflammation that occurs between layers of the skin that rub together. This is commonly seen in people who are overweight who have an abdominal paniculus, or in women who have very large breasts that rub onto their upper abdominal wall. In this condition, sweat and secretions accumulate and the skin becomes red and vulnerable to infection. Treatment typically involves weight loss and possibly drying agents for the skin. Surgery is also a possible answer for the treatment of intertrigo. "

Closed Thread