It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2004, 10:42 PM   #1

WhisperInDahWind HB User
on the left side of my lower abdomen is a bulge/lump/knot... please help!

Just like the title states... on the left side of my lower abdomen there is something sticking out. Nothing is sticking out on the other side. It is kind of oval shape and it feels really hard... almost cyndrical too. Any ideas?

If it helps, I've had two surgeries performed on my left testicle. One for varicose vein and another for a removal of a cyst. Also, in the past I've been treated for epididimytus with cipro. All of this happened in the past year.

Can anyone draw any conclusions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2004, 10:48 PM   #2

DallasGator HB User
Re: on the left side of my lower abdomen is a bulge/lump/knot... please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperInDahWind
Just like the title states... on the left side of my lower abdomen there is something sticking out. Nothing is sticking out on the other side. It is kind of oval shape and it feels really hard... almost cyndrical too. Any ideas?

If it helps, I've had two surgeries performed on my left testicle. One for varicose vein and another for a removal of a cyst. Also, in the past I've been treated for epididimytus with cipro. All of this happened in the past year.

Can anyone draw any conclusions?
Again, I'm no doc, but it sounds like a hernia. I had one last year and had the same cydrical thingie sticking out on my left side. I could push it back in with my finger. I ended up having surgery (outpatient) to correct it. You should see a doc and quickly. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2004, 10:54 PM   #3

WhisperInDahWind HB User

Is that common though for a 16 year old to have? I mean... I do work out a lot at home on a bench, but I thought hernias weren't really that commonly found in my age group...

If it is a hernia, what treatment is there? On Tuesday, I see my urologist again.

Thank you for responding so quickly by the way.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

german30 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperInDahWind
Is that common though for a 16 year old to have? I mean... I do work out a lot at home on a bench, but I thought hernias weren't really that commonly found in my age group...

If it is a hernia, what treatment is there? On Tuesday, I see my urologist again.

Thank you for responding so quickly by the way.
Hi Young man: I think you are describing a hernia, but be sure to ask your urologist on Tuesday, he may suggest some support of some kind for you.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:24 AM   #5

marj HB User

Most people are born with their hernias. They start showing when their activities increase, whether it's sports or occupation. Supports don't work and are only recommended in the very elderly with too many medical risks to undergo surgery. General surgeons repair hernias. It's a day procedure; takes about an hour, but you'll spend at least half the day at the hospital. You can choose not to repair it, but if a part of your bowel gets stuck in that opening and strangulates, you'll get a big zipper down the front of your abdomen instead of a little 3 inch scar in your underwear line for an elective repair.

If it is more in the crease of where your abdomen meets your leg, it could also be a lymph node. Considering you've had treament for infections in that area, it is a real possibility. Another thing that 16 year-olds are more prone to getting lymphogranuloma venereum, usually a sexually transmitted disease, but can be picked from sweaty gym benches, etc.

Be well, see your doctor soon.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #6

WhisperInDahWind HB User

Thank you for responding. I see my doctor tomorrow morning. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Closed Thread