It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2004, 05:44 PM   #1

Narusagewa HB User
Bump on Testicle

I have a tiny bump on my right testicle. It is like on the side of it and about the size of the nib of a pen or something. It feels like it shouldn't be there...

It isn't that big and you have to apply a fair bit of pressure to feel that it's there, but it certainly isn't the same on my left one...

Please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #2

Seltar HB User
Re: Bump on Testicle

It could be the epididymis, which is a coil of tubing that connects the testicle to the vas deferens. There is one on each testicle. However it might not be that, because you say it's on the side. Normally it's on the top or bottom... so, not sure... just throwing an idea out there for you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2004, 12:41 AM   #3

Narusagewa HB User

Can somebody who knows please help...This is really bothering me

Old 02-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #4

txcs714 HB User

I think any bumps on the side of a testicle need a professional evaluation. Testicular cancer is far too common in young men to ignore it's primary symptom: Small, often painless lump, ON the testicle.

Now with that out of the way -

I had the same thing several years ago when I was about 34 years old. Mine felt like a large grain of sand attached directly to the side of my left testicle. I found it during a self exam (which we should all be doing by the way).

I made an appointment right away to have it checked out. After a doctor's appointment and an ultrasound, it was diagnosed as a spermatocele (which is like a granulation of sperm on the exterior of the testicle) - totally benign and harmless.

That bump is still there - and likely will be all my life. End of story.

DO NOT assume yours is the same thing however - go get it checked. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narusagewa
Can somebody who knows please help...This is really bothering me

Old 02-19-2004, 04:06 AM   #5

Narusagewa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcs714
I think any bumps on the side of a testicle need a professional evaluation. Testicular cancer is far too common in young men to ignore it's primary symptom: Small, often painless lump, ON the testicle.

Now with that out of the way -

I had the same thing several years ago when I was about 34 years old. Mine felt like a large grain of sand attached directly to the side of my left testicle. I found it during a self exam (which we should all be doing by the way).

I made an appointment right away to have it checked out. After a doctor's appointment and an ultrasound, it was diagnosed as a spermatocele (which is like a granulation of sperm on the exterior of the testicle) - totally benign and harmless.

That bump is still there - and likely will be all my life. End of story.

DO NOT assume yours is the same thing however - go get it checked. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck.
How do I just go to the doctor and drop my pants and say feel my balls
I'm 16 and I really don't think I could do that. There's no way I could tell my parents and the doctor is so expensive!

Maybe mine is like yours...

Edit: I did some reading and it says testicular cancers are about the size of a pea on the side of testicle. What I have is more like the size of a large grain of sand and it feels almost like it is inside my testicle rather than attached to it if that makes sense.

Last edited by Narusagewa; 02-19-2004 at 04:16 AM.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:08 AM   #6

Narusagewa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narusagewa
How do I just go to the doctor and drop my pants and say feel my balls
I'm 16 and I really don't think I could do that. There's no way I could tell my parents and the doctor is so expensive!

Maybe mine is like yours...

Wouldn't it hurt if it was cancer?

Old 02-19-2004, 09:46 AM   #7

txcs714 HB User

I understand your reservations about going to the doctor. We all have had them.

The easiest thing to do is to tell your dad that you found a lump on your testicle and you are concerned about testicular cancer. He will understand and know what to do. Hopefully, he'll get you an appointment with a urologist who can check it out in a snap.

As far as dropping your pants in front of a doctor - yes, you might be a little embarrassed (we all are), but it's his job. It's not like you'll be the first man he has to check with his pants down.

Imagine the relief you will experience when you know. That is certainly worth a little embarrassment if you ask me.

I think any medical professional would tell you that a hard lump directly on a testicle is not the sort of symptom that someone should be self-diagnosing.

Let me know what you do.

Good luck.

Closed Thread