It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Men's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 01:23 AM   #1

kalebnzekesmum HB User
Bedwetting?

Hi everyone, this question is about my husband.
He is 26 and wets the bed. This is a rather embarassing problem for him, and I don't like it much either. (More laundry for me!)
This has been going on for about 2 years and he is refusing to go to the doctor for it. It doesn't happen every night, but on average about 2x a week.
I tried looking up som information online about adult bedwetting and all I was able to find is that only about 1-2% of adult males still do it. I have been really pushing him to go to the doctor for it, and I think he is breaking down because he said he wanted to get health insurance first so it was covered.
My question though is, does anyone know why this is happening? Or what medical problems could be causing this? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 06:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Bedwetting?

There could be any number of reasons for this.I have the same problem, but mine is being caused by nerve damage from a spinal cord surgery.Does he have any severe or even rather mild type back pain,or pain anywhere else?Is he having any other symptoms at all?i think the only way you will find the answers is buy seeing a dr for a Dx of something.there are meds that can help with this problem as well,but you need to see a doc for the Rx.He definitely NEEDS to see a dr as this is in no way 'normal'.He needs to find the cause so he can be properly treated.I just cannot believe that he does not want to find out just what the cause is.Does he suffer from depression?Good luck,and i hope he will see a doc,and soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #3

kalebnzekesmum HB User
Re: Bedwetting?

thanks for replying.
he is not on any medications. i do however believe he is mildly depressed. he does drink alcohol sometimes but this happens regardless of whether he's been drinking or not. he has not mentioned any back pain or any other symptoms aside from the wettings. i am worried about him, but i think he is just too embarassed to say anything about it to anyone.

Closed Thread